Server downtime 2am CST every Tuesday?

Thorikos

These topics are rediculous...someone will be inconvenienced no matter what time they choose. Don't forget the techs and devs working on the maint dont want to come in at 3am once a week either. Just live with it. I work shift work and have tuesdays off, but w/e I do something else when the servers are down.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember an official statement a week or two ago that they would release an official statement regarding the downtime windows soon (don't you love these things?)

Any updates on that or just trying to ignore EU customers long enough for them to stop caring?

I work until 3am sat/sun/mon. A lot of 24/7 operations / distribution centers work those hours in the US. Tons of people in the US are affected negatively by this downtime choice. Hell even bartenders and waiters are affected. 2am is a ridiculous time to take down servers. I feel sorry for California =/

so you feel sorry for the minority of people that downtime affects in your country but want to make it worse for the larger number of people that it affects in Europe?

selfish or just insane?

You do realize how much you fail here right?

If they did this, then the EU servers would be overloaded with Americans rolling on them while their servers were down, and vice versa when the EU servers are down.

This is a horrible idea, plain and simple.

completely and entirely untrue.

Yes, there is a minuscule amount of people doing that but believe me, most people have not THAT much dispensable, irretrievable pure lifetime to just go waste it in spades.

this is an absolute non issue and it has been a non issue in every other game I played.

You are just making up stuff, god knows why.

Edited by mufutiz

If they did this, then the EU servers would be overloaded with Americans rolling on them while their servers were down, and vice versa when the EU servers are down.

Yes, because WoW has bucketloads of problems with this exact issue.

Or, wait, no, they don't. I can't even ROLL on a US server to the best of my knowledge..

Yes, because WoW has bucketloads of problems with this exact issue.

Or, wait, no, they don't. I can't even ROLL on a US server to the best of my knowledge..

WoW doesn't allow people to connect across regions. You can't connect to the EU servers with a NA client(game key) and vice versa. If you want to connect to NA servers, you have to buy the game from NA. If you want to connect to EU servers, you need an EU game key.

completely and entirely untrue.

Yes, there is a minuscule amount of people doing that but believe me, most people have not THAT much dispensable, irretrievable pure lifetime to just go waste it in spades.

this is an absolute non issue and it has been a non issue in every other game I played.

You are just making up stuff, god knows why.

Uh no. All you need to do is look at the old days in WoW when server farms used to go offline during peak times. All of us would make alts on another server and either grief the population or overload it. People who can't play on their regular server will roll toons on another server that is available, then complain that they can't play on their original server.

Uh no. All you need to do is look at the old days in WoW when server farms used to go offline during peak times. All of us would make alts on another server and either grief the population or overload it. People who can't play on their regular server will roll toons on another server that is available, then complain that they can't play on their original server.

so how you liking them EU folks overrunning and crashing your servers every tuesday, griefing you poor guys?

must be really annoying.

:)

Edited by mufutiz

Funny thing is that the common maintenance window was due to fan moaning that if they had separate times, Europe would get patches and content later than North America.

WoW does it that way. No big deal for anyone. NA gets to beta the patches and any fixes are sorted before it's rolled out on EU.

I can assure you the majority of the EU players would very much prefer to have night time maintenance 12 hours later than the US than have it as it is now.

8AM GMT 2PM GMT on a tuesday is the worst i work sat and sunday but get tuesday and thursday off so i only get 1 day a week to enjoy a full day BW need to change the time so its not in the middle of the day for us or are the eu players 2nd rate to them Edited by silvrosuk

I can assure you the majority of the EU players would very much prefer to have night time maintenance 12 hours later than the US than have it as it is now.

I would like to see the poll you commissioned and all the relevant data that makes you able to make such a clear statement.

While WoW does have EU separate from NA, it doesn't have Oceania separate from NA, and WoW Maint hits right smack in the middle of their prime time. WoW has also had complaints from players about EU getting patches a day later, and from not being able to transfer characters from EU to NA or vice versa.

Bioware looked at the statistics, and probably did polls and decided universal service would be better overall. Also, in a few months the need for windows as long as they are now will dissipate making the problem even less of one.

OP, it is very unlikely that they will spit maintenance times, as it would require a major re-working of how the launcher and login servers work, otherwise the launcher wouldn't know to patch to the latest version or not. As long as all the servers are grouped globally it is very unlikely they would move maint any later then it is now as it adds additional impact to EU.

I cant fathom why a 2 AM CST maintenance could possibly be a problem, unless you're in PST which would put it at midnight....even then not that big of a deal

Or 11pm, in my case. It's just one night a week, but I do wish they'd delay it for a few hours.

That would be more acceptable, but I still feel 6-7am would be perfect. And yes, this global server down is a terrible idea. This game is amazing, I am addicted. But the 2am server down might end up ruining it for me (right in the middle of my playtime, yes I know I'm not the majority, but 2am is still TOO early for server down.)

News Flash. The Maintenance time is not specifically geared to give you personally the most playing time. It's geared to giving most people the most playing time. So, stop trying to be extremely selfish here.

Cheers.

News Flash. The Maintenance time is not specifically geared to give you personally the most playing time. It's geared to giving most people the most playing time. So, stop trying to be extremely selfish here.

Cheers.

+1

I can't really tell anymore if people really are this selfish or if they are just trolling.

maintenance is ONCE A WEEK. Yes, I understand the servers have been going down a bit more than usual, but surely even that will even out given time.

Honestly, for someone to say that the maintenance time cutting into their play time ONCE A WEEK is grounds for cancelling their sub should maybe gain a bit of perspective. Do something else during that time and realize you don't HAVE to play ALL THE TIME.

Hell, when I played wow, maintenance came every tuesday at a HORRIBLE time for me. I hated it. Servers were down until 1 pm in the afternoon when my best time to play was in the mornings. Sure, it was irritating, but as there was NOTHING I could do to change it, I figured I would just do something else.

Got a whole lot of house work done, would even do some drawing.

TL;DR -- This is not a big deal. If it is to you, then you probably spend way too much time in front of your computer.

Are you thick in the head or something? Blizzard does it this way. And who cares if some americans decide to roll an alt on the EU side... More players for us.

I would like to see the poll you commissioned and all the relevant data that makes you able to make such a clear statement.

While WoW does have EU separate from NA, it doesn't have Oceania separate from NA, and WoW Maint hits right smack in the middle of their prime time. WoW has also had complaints from players about EU getting patches a day later, and from not being able to transfer characters from EU to NA or vice versa.

Bioware looked at the statistics, and probably did polls and decided universal service would be better overall. Also, in a few months the need for windows as long as they are now will dissipate making the problem even less of one.

OP, it is very unlikely that they will spit maintenance times, as it would require a major re-working of how the launcher and login servers work, otherwise the launcher wouldn't know to patch to the latest version or not. As long as all the servers are grouped globally it is very unlikely they would move maint any later then it is now as it adds additional impact to EU.

So the insanely large series of posts reaching post limit about this exact issue in the EU passed you by I guess? I recall we've hit 6.000 posts complaining about the daytime maintenance window. It's an issue for the EU, simple as that.

Thing is, TOR is officially released in North America and Western Europe. Maintenance times should be geared towards these two territories/timezones. They are not. They are ONLY geared towards NA, the area with fewest potential subs of the two.

It makes no sense from a service viewpoint or from a business viewpoint, which is why nobody in their right minds understand why EA/BW has done it this way.

They are ONLY geared towards NA, the area with fewest potential subs of the two.

What? I sympathize with the Europeans (though there really are good reasons for the maintenance timing, but...)

What?

The maintenance times aren't based on "potential subs," they're based on actual subs, and make sense when you realize this game doesn't have region-locked clients and they really do need to update everyone at the same time.

But North America has fewer potential subs than Europe?

What?

Edited by Pink_Saber