Tracer Missile and Grav Round might need to be looked at

Enfuri

not sure if these moves are intended to be as powerful as they are but it honestly seems to hit too hard for what it is.

Its spec'ed for in the 3rd tier of the commando/bh trees, it has a 1.5 second cast with no cool down, a 30m range, as well as reduces a players armor. Problem is that it hits harder than the move that you have to spec for in the 7th tier which has a 15 second cooldown on it.

In PvP Grav Round and Tracer Missile can hit reliably on crits for 2500-3000 and can be spammed to hit every 1.5 seconds.

It hits harder than a Jedi Knights Master Strike which has a 4m range, applies damage over 3 seconds, and has a 30 second cool down.

It wouldnt be so bad if so many BH's and troopers didnt just spam the move but it is the most effective way for them to kill stuff. No other class I'm aware of can use just one move and be as effective.

Personally I feel it needs to have a cooldown added, have its damage decreased, move it higher up in the tree, have the ammo/heat cost increased, or something else to bring it in line with other moves in both the BH/Trooper trees and other classes that have cooldowns and dont do as much damage.

the purpose of this thread is simply to give the devs a heads up so they can review the moves and see if they were meant to be this powerful and spamable.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if these moves are intended to be as powerful as they are but it honestly seems to hit too hard for what it is.

Its spec'ed for in the 3rd tier of the commando/bh trees, it has a 1.5 second cast with no cool down, a 30m range, as well as reduces a players armor. Problem is that it hits harder than the move that you have to spec for in the 7th tier which has a 15 second cooldown on it.

In PvP Grav Round and Tracer Missile can hit reliably on crits for 2500-3000 and can be spammed to hit every 1.5 seconds.

It hits harder than a Jedi Knights Master Strike which has a 4m range, applies damage over 3 seconds, and has a 30 second cool down.

It wouldnt be so bad if so many BH's and troopers didnt just spam the move but it is the most effective way for them to kill stuff. No other class I'm aware of can use just one move and be as effective.

Personally I feel it needs to have a cooldown added, have its damage decreased, move it higher up in the tree, have the ammo/heat cost increased, or something else to bring it in line with other moves in both the BH/Trooper trees and other classes that have cooldowns and dont do as much damage.

the purpose of this thread is simply to give the devs a heads up so they can review the moves and see if they were meant to be this powerful and spamable.

no it doesent....

Hey I got some advice, use your interrupt and shockingly they cant spam it anymore. It is quite amazing how that works.

they need to fix the action delay/lag issues a bit before this tactic reliably works and even so the CD on the interrupt is 8 seconds so taht means they can still use the move 3 to 4 times before you can interrupt it again.

i personally dont mind it i find it annoying that its the only ability besides their knockback they ever use but its easy to avoid by breaking LoS or stunning.

then again i think all of those ragers that are saying its not op in the slightest are the ones who spam it in the first place and are scared to death to lose their 1 button tap kill.

This is why I love being assault. People just don't expect it.

But in fairness once I get 4 pc I'm going gunnery. 10 second cd concussive charge is more OP than anything else in the damn tree.....since melee are the only thing that really can consistently own commando's (as in it's in their favor).

But I'll miss my 4k+ assault plastique crits =(

i personally dont mind it i find it annoying that its the only ability besides their knockback they ever use but its easy to avoid by breaking LoS or stunning.

then again i think all of those ragers that are saying its not op in the slightest are the ones who spam it in the first place and are scared to death to lose their 1 button tap kill.

exactly, and those saying that heatseeker or rail shot hit harder.. whats the CD on those moves? 15 seconds?

So what does more damage, 10 tracer missiles or one heat seeker missile?

breaking LOS only works if you are in an area that lets you do it. Given the 30m range on TM you cant run away from it without them getting 3-4 off on you unless you are already at the edge of its range. CC only works for so long and most the CC abilities are on long CD's, 30sec-1minute and the interrupt's got a decent CD on it too.

Honestly given the damage it kicks out now it should be on about a 10-15 sec CD to compare to the other moves. However the way the move is set up its supposed to be spammed a decent amount to apply its armor debuff which leads me to believe that its simply doing too much damage right now.

exactly, and those saying that heatseeker or rail shot hit harder.. whats the CD on those moves? 15 seconds?

breaking LOS only works if you are in an area that lets you do it. Given the 30m range on TM you cant run away from it without them getting 3-4 off on you unless you are already at the edge of its range. CC only works for so long and most the CC abilities are on long CD's, 30sec-1minute and the interrupt's got a decent CD on it too.

Honestly given the damage it kicks out now it should be on about a 10-15 sec CD to compare to the other moves. However the way the move is set up its supposed to be spammed a decent amount to apply its armor debuff which leads me to believe that its simply doing too much damage right now.

So...you think as a melee, confronting a high nuke glass cannon out in the middle with no LoS is the best idea? No matter what MMO you play, this will get you killed. Stop showing your experience.

The fact is that you have to rotate in your higher DPAmmo/DPS abiliites or you will run yourself dry and not have much to show for it. If you spam Grav rounds, you will not get as high success than you would if you used your other abilities. This is no different from any other spec, it just so happens that spamming grav rounds still does enough damage to kill people with low situational awareness, so it seems OP....when in reality they would have done quite a bit more damage to you using more ability variety.

Honestly if the graphic and sound effect of getting hit with grav rounds was gone, most people that are complaining probably wouldn't even know what was killing them

If you can't stick to a range reliably when you charge out into the open, don't do it. That only works when you can stick to them. Otherwise you should use los defensively and make him pick another target, when he forgets about you/moves on, ambush him when the situation favors you instead. That's how real melee do it. You aren't unstoppable killing machines, you have to worry about your own personal safety.

Edited by Vlaid

name one class that cant do more damage with 10 spammable attacks then it can in one 15 sec CD ability

That's funny, because my unbuffed Demo Round (7th Tier 15s CD) reliably crits for 2500-3k. But if I properly setup, ie. hit the target 2-3 times with a Grav Round, it easily crits for over 3k.

The spec relies solely on Grav Round for everything, so it's obviously intended. Want to maximize Full Auto damage, spam Grav Round for procs. High Impact Bolt? Better spam Grav Round 5 times if you want it fully buffed. Full Demo Round damage, got to hit the target 3 times with Grav Round so they're fully debuffed.

It could be better, or more interesting if we were provided with more tools and relied less on Grav spam. But even sitting there spamming, we drain Ammo relatively fast, especially during attempts to burst a target. On top of that, it is a cast, so you see it coming and can potentially interrupt it or our ability to recast it for several seconds (then we get to sit with our thumbs up our asses unless instas are up or we want to get locked into hammer shot animations). And we're easy to spot due to not being force users, not having stealth, and being slightly more mobile than a turret. Also the class has next to no escape mechanisms, the snares are bad and the knockbacks don't fling people that far away.

i wont disagree that simply spamming it is a stupid way to play the class. The thing i'm trying to bring up is the fact that most other abilities that do comparable damage and many that do significantly less damage have much longer cool downs. Even my armor decreasing move has a 5 second CD on it and it only hits for 1/2 of the damage of tracer missile.

Sure there are tactics to help minimize the effect but when you compare that move to the other moves in both the BH/Trooper trees and to other classes you notice that almost all high damage abilities have a 15-30 second CD on them.

And honestly, its not for us to decide whether or not its balanced. Its for the people who are making the game to determine what they want. I dont even think the move needs to be changed all that much. It just seems odd that a spamable armor debuff move does as much damage as the 7th tier heavy damage ability that has a 15 second CD.

i wont disagree that simply spamming it is a stupid way to play the class. The thing i'm trying to bring up is the fact that most other abilities that do comparable damage and many that do significantly less damage have much longer cool downs. Even my armor decreasing move has a 5 second CD on it and it only hits for 1/2 of the damage of tracer missile.

Sure there are tactics to help minimize the effect but when you compare that move to the other moves in both the BH/Trooper trees and to other classes you notice that almost all high damage abilities have a 15-30 second CD on them.

And honestly, its not for us to decide whether or not its balanced. Its for the people who are making the game to determine what they want. I dont even think the move needs to be changed all that much. It just seems odd that a spamable armor debuff move does as much damage as the 7th tier heavy damage ability that has a 15 second CD.

now I know you are just trolling... As you've bee corrected several times, Demo round hits MUCH harder then grav round

yes, a trained monkey can turret gravs/tracers.

only a moron tanks them.

interrupt, stun, cc, surge, los, whatever. Stop blaming the game for high damage output, and start learning to avoid it. Idiots, i swear.

I have no problem with it 1v1. Get 2+ spamming it and the other team will be locked down.

Sorry that I called your play style easy, seems I offended you.

Edited by AMKSED