MASSIVE Economical Failure

Nanglez

So the people who have been exploiting/rushing, get to get to level 50, then go farm all the bind on equip items they can find, and they get to set the market price. Because they preorded between july 21st and july 28. It's ironic july 21st is my birthday, but i don't spend my life on the net, so i didn't know about the preorder until much more recently, but had i known, i could have preordered on day one with ease.

So basically finding out about preorders at a later date, makes you less entitled to play then the person who paid the same amount of money as you or perhaps less money then you based on what edition you bought. This whole thing is ********. People think that this won't effect the games economy. If thats the case, sadly you've never grasped the economy of any mmo you've played, because day one effects the market that exists a year down the track. So screw you bioware, thankyou for ruining the launch experience for 70-80% of your community. Elitist ********'s please refrain from posting on my thread, i don't want to hear about how you think we don't have the right to complain.

The fact is

-Bioware refers to it as a game launch

-Early access advertising for you, may have said "up to 5 days", but there are many examples where the advertisement simply december "EARLY ACCESS- DECEMBER 13TH"

-Bioware has failed to sufficiently inform their community as to whats going on, people have resorted to 'EDUCATED SPECULATION' as to when they'll get to play. People shouldn't be speculating when they'll be able to play a game, like most companies, you should have a fixed release date in which everyone is able to play at the same time

-Bioware has claimed it's not a stress test, but claims that letting more people in than what they did is a form of stress testing (Which is ********) the server proved it could hold up and to 2 million people during the final beta weekend. So why couldn't they begin with 2 million people this time.

-Go ahead. Complain that we're complaining, elitists. You are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, at least we have legitimet reasons as to why we can claim to be an unhappy/disatisfied customer, as opposed to complaining that people are using the forums to voice their opinion (which guess what, is what a forums for).

Edited by Nanglez

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and let's not forget the amount of times Stephen Reid has contradicted himself. Sound's like alot of thought and planning was put into this launch. I wonder if EA's investor's will be happy to know that the $100,000,000+ put into this game, resulted in one of the most shoddy launches in history. People compare this game to other game laucnhes, but if i was 60 million dollars up on budget from any other mmo in history, i'd probably want to make sure when i claim i'm launching the game, that it will actually *********** launch properly.

"Joined: Oct 2009". Didn't you get an email saying you could preorder?

Hah, i have several email addresses, one for signing up to ****, one for work, one for school, an old spare one, and a gmail i use occasionally. The email address that had the preorder email currently has 2900 emails in the recycle bin. That because i've emptied the whole inbox in anticipation of recieving my early access email xD

Looks like your "Q" key is stuck.

If you have things going on in your life that are so important that you couldn't make pre ordering a priority, that's cool. Go enjoy those things now, instead of obsessing over whether other people are playing the game a little early.

When were you told that you would be getting in day 1, or even day 2?

Do a forum search, there's many advertising campaigns that show "EARLY ACCESS- DECEMBER 13" and thats it. Say's nothing about 'up to' or anything like that. Again i won't deny, the other side of the coin is that many advertising campaigns DID adhere to the advertising campaign of "UP TO BLAH BLAH DAYS", but not all of them did, and thats why we're angry. We've been mislead as the consumer in order to feel enticed to buy their product now as opposed to later.

Enough QQing;

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

If people could just LEARN to READ, or stop being so damn lazy, you could learn something more than gossip.

Do a forum search, there's many advertising campaigns that show "EARLY ACCESS- DECEMBER 13" and thats it. Say's nothing about 'up to' or anything like that. Again i won't deny, the other side of the coin is that many advertising campaigns DID adhere to the advertising campaign of "UP TO BLAH BLAH DAYS", but not all of them did, and thats why we're angry. We've been mislead as the consumer in order to feel enticed to buy their product now as opposed to later.

Rejoice in the knowledge that throughout the entire world only one person gives a damn what you think.

Economical failure how? So what if they farm "rare stuff"? Doesn't mean people will buy it, or even have the currency needed. Everything will level out within a week of official launch.

You say you don't have the time to "live" on the internet, yet you signed up in 2009??! So you obviously knew about a game that was being released a couple of years later, but somehow failed to notice when said game had its pre-orders open?

Stop moaning and blaming it on you having a "life" because that's quite clearly not the case.

Hi im an elitist! and Im going to Post in your thread just to spite you! haha!

On topic, stop whining. Your point or opinion is not more valid than anyone elses, I Agree with what BW is doing as an effort to make sure populations spread evenly. I do however beleive that European Early Access shouldnt have anything to do with USA Early Access, and should be monitored by 2 different groups, with the same goal.

BioWare probably should have sent out emails to inform folks of when they would get to play. I agree with you. I'm one of the fortunate ones who preordered the first day so was lucky to get in and had a bit of time to play.

Otherwise, I've been happy as anything with the launch. Many bugs have been fixed, no crashes, smooth game play, etc. I haven't been on yet this morning but during the day, it was nice to see no queues. I'm sure that will change but remembering Rift's queues and severals days of not playing, actually being able to play was great.

OP, I can share your concerns with people rushing to 50 but happens in every game. They will flood the market, set the prices---but as people start playing the game, the economy will start setting down. Not everyone is rushing--I played a good portion of yesterday and I'm only 12. Seems rather pointless to not do the quests and skip the dialogue but that is just me. I ran a flashpoint last night with an antsy group who wanted to hurry but I just took my sweet time.

Anyway, good luck and just remember that the game will be around for a long time. Some of us are in for the ride and not the rush to 50. That will come in good time.

The game release is at december 20th. Hope you get early access before that :p

My guess is they add more ppl when the servers can handle it and they try to give newcommers a relative lag-free starting experience by not having 2 million ppl in the starting zones all at once.

Oh right, your post was about economy. Emm.. Sigh.. Just no, your entire argument is flawed.

Gl getting that e-mail though :)

This looked slightly different to all the other topics so I took the time to read it.

Sadly it was just another one of these topics whining about your right to whine about things that make little or no difference in the world that we call real.

Good luck with your adventures or your cancellation whichever will bring you most happiness.

Yeah. Thing is Dave, this isn't about what you want.

It's about what's best for TOR overall.

A staggered launch, in which the servers don't go down, and there's never too many people on the starting worlds at the same time, is what's best overall.

Ensuring that *you* get to corner the economic market on bantha poodoo really wasn't a major concern to *anyone* when launch planning was taking place.

Sorry about that, chummer.

What stone age game lauches u take parts last 3 ive been in has np of every1 getting in+this early access all so gives makers another chance to test the servers wich BW now totaly missed.

It's ironic july 21st is my birthday, but i don't spend my life on the net, so i didn't know about the preorder until much more recently, but had i known, i could have preordered on day one with ease.

What was stopping you from ordering on the 22nd, or 23rd? Was your birthday party 4 months long and because it just ended you just recently preordered?

So basically finding out about preorders at a later date, makes you less entitled to play

They want a staggered launch to ease the strain on the server, so they are allowing people in to PLAY THE GAME BEFORE IT IS SUPPOSE TO COME OUT. How do they go about choosing who gets in first? Would you rather whoever pays the most money gets in first? Would you rather it be random, which means you have no idea when you get to play, instead of how it is now where you can guess when you will get to play.

People shouldn't be speculating when they'll be able to play a game, like most companies, you should have a fixed release date in which everyone is able to play at the same time

They do, December 20th.

-Bioware has claimed it's not a stress test, but claims that letting more people in than what they did is a form of stress testing (Which is ********) the server proved it could hold up and to 2 million people during the final beta weekend. So why couldn't they begin with 2 million people this time.

Yes the server proved it could hold a large number of people, but guess what? It also had a bunch of bugs that came up during that test. With this launch they want to have as little bugs as possible, which can come up if you put to much strain on a server to fast. Also you don't seem to understand the purpose of a stress test. You see how much the server can handle, then you set your upper limit below that point. This way if something happens, the entire server does not just die. By your logic they should start at the point that started to cause bugs, and then keep going causing more bugs.

-Go ahead. Complain that we're complaining, elitists. You are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, at least we have legitimet reasons as to why we can claim to be an unhappy/disatisfied customer, as opposed to complaining that people are using the forums to voice their opinion (which guess what, is what a forums for).

It is ok to have opinions. But if your opinion seems like a 5 year old kid crying because they don't get to have the ice cream they were promised for dinner right now at breakfast, just because some other kids were eating there ice cream now, well then others are going to treat you like an annoying little kid.

So the people who have been exploiting/rushing, get to get to level 50, then go farm all the bind on equip items they can find, and they get to set the market price. Because they preorded between july 21st and july 28. It's ironic july 21st is my birthday, but i don't spend my life on the net, so i didn't know about the preorder until much more recently, but had i known, i could have preordered on day one with ease.

So basically finding out about preorders at a later date, makes you less entitled to play then the person who paid the same amount of money as you or perhaps less money then you based on what edition you bought. This whole thing is ********. People think that this won't effect the games economy. If thats the case, sadly you've never grasped the economy of any mmo you've played, because day one effects the market that exists a year down the track. So screw you bioware, thankyou for ruining the launch experience for 70-80% of your community. Elitist ********'s please refrain from posting on my thread, i don't want to hear about how you think we don't have the right to complain.

The fact is

-Bioware refers to it as a game launch

-Early access advertising for you, may have said "up to 5 days", but there are many examples where the advertisement simply december "EARLY ACCESS- DECEMBER 13TH"

-Bioware has failed to sufficiently inform their community as to whats going on, people have resorted to 'EDUCATED SPECULATION' as to when they'll get to play. People shouldn't be speculating when they'll be able to play a game, like most companies, you should have a fixed release date in which everyone is able to play at the same time

People that starts playing a year after launch find themselves with other people having set the market prices!! Ridiculous!!!

(exploiters should get, at least, characters deleted... and also any other character that has received "stuff" from them as a mule)

Economical failure how? So what if they farm "rare stuff"? Doesn't mean people will buy it, or even have the currency needed. Everything will level out within a week of official launch.

You say you don't have the time to "live" on the internet, yet you signed up in 2009??! So you obviously knew about a game that was being released a couple of years later, but somehow failed to notice when said game had its pre-orders open?

Stop moaning and blaming it on you having a "life" because that's quite clearly not the case.

Uhm, i registered in 2009 when the beta signups became available at the advice of a friend. That same friend informed me that i would have recieved an email inviting me to the 26th of november beta testing. so i searched 'Beta' in my hotmail inbox and whaddya know? I had an email. So excuse me for not bothering to sift through nearly 3000 emails to see if they'd mentioned anything about a preorder. At that point i hadn't even thought about preordering the game, as i live in australia, and i was just going to pick it up in store.

OH WAIT THEY HATE AUSTRALIA AND DIDN'T RELEASE IT HERE. So it was a fun ordeal getting a travelling friend in denmark to pay for the game for me and email me my preorder. Mind you i wouldn't have even been able to do that before about 2 weeks ago, as he only just went away, and is the only person overseas that i know well enough to be comfortable transferring money too.

Enough QQing;

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

If people could just LEARN to READ, or stop being so damn lazy, you could learn something more than gossip.

Why cant SWTOR come out with an official statement like this?? Would be much better and people will stop whining if they could know when we can expect to get access if everything goes as planned...

Just an hint:

If you join an MMORPG 2 years after its launch, is the economy there so screwed that you're unable to play the game?

You're complaining about a "handful" of people that will be ahead on the economy. After a few months there will be at least a million doing that.

What you're saying is that the only way one can possible play and use the game's economy is to be the first one on a server?