Remove Pulls, Jumps etc. from huttball (or for people holding the ball)

Suzpaz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i really like the diversity of tactics in huttball but i would prefer making abilities like sprint, pull on same faction and leap drop the ball like if you go to stealth.

Exactly. Everyone class has roles to play if you are really wanting to play to win.

The only time class abilities become a major problem is when you have half the team be one class. Like if half of one team is BH its hard to move without getting pulled

Edited by ActionAce

Huttball isn't designed to be a "one class wins all" place, and while some may argue that the classes that can run ball are exactly that in reality it still requires that the team be cooperating and collaborating in order to work. A juggernaut can't jump up to a friendly teammate if no teammate goes up there for this purpose, and he also can't jump to an enemy if an enemy doesn't position in view for him to do so. An assassin can knockback, shield themselves, and dash with the ball, but again they aren't going to be effective at this if they don't have the support of their teammates in the form of heals and peels. If the enemy is doing their job and slowing/CCing/dpsing that assassin, the assassin isn't going to simply rush to the end like it's a cakewalk.

Huttball is more similar to football than to capture the flag. While some classes do have abilities to run flag more effectively and thus are better are running the ball, why not work with this and pass to teammates who are of that class? In football you don't see the quarterback running the ball very often; you see the big bulky dude that can smash the defense (Juggernaut) or the small fast guy who can outmaneuver them (Assassin) doing that.

I'm an Operative medic, and while I'm slow as hell and a squishy ball carrier I can heal and harass just fine. If someone passes the ball to me in desperation then I simply toss up defensive CDs and look around for a more appropriate ball carrier to hand off to. If I see a Juggernaut or Assassin nearby and in good health, they're my prime target. I know my place and my limits within Huttball.

+1 rep my friend, i'm a scoundrel healer and i do the same.

Some classes can give you a very good edge in huttball, however what seems to happen alot is that when you have the ball there is noone around to throw it to.

People tend to stay near you and kill everybody thats coming at you. This is all fine and all but they will never kill 5 guys in time before they put me on the ground. I rather have atleast 1 or 2 persons run in front of me to who i can throw the ball and keep the ball moving forward. You dont have to be any of the classes that can run or jump but it keeps the game going.

As a sorc i always position myself infront of the carrier so i can pull him towards me or give him the oppertunity to throw the ball to me.

There is no possible way to get anywhere on the map other than your spawn zone without crossing the ledge.
Yes you can, you can get to the middle directly from the spawn point without ever using the ledge at all. Have a look at the map and you might work out how to do it.

They can jump you on the ramp, they can jump you as you're nearing the ramp, and they can jump their own teammates if you choose to ignore the game and stay in your spawn.

Whatever you do or do not do, they can still jump up to the goal.

You can LoS them while on the ramp. You can LoS them behind sandbags. You can LoS them behind the 'streetlamps'. You can stand a few feet back from the ledge when they are in the pit.

Some classes can give you a very good edge in huttball, however what seems to happen alot is that when you have the ball there is noone around to throw it to.

People tend to stay near you and kill everybody thats coming at you. This is all fine and all but they will never kill 5 guys in time before they put me on the ground. I rather have atleast 1 or 2 persons run in front of me to who i can throw the ball and keep the ball moving forward. You dont have to be any of the classes that can run or jump but it keeps the game going.

As a sorc i always position myself infront of the carrier so i can pull him towards me or give him the oppertunity to throw the ball to me.

Exactly. You can counter PT pulls this way too. Being ahead of the ball carrier means you can either CC the PT or put yourself in a position where his pull will be fairly pointless. Edited by Khabarach