Does this Game...

sadokun

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

See, I can do that to.

But no, you can't, actually. See, because those games you mentioned were both critically acclaimed and loved by the fans. Dragon Age 2.. should you even be defending it? :o

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a crime to play both? Is it a crime to subscribe to SW:TOR and expect an amazing, enthralling MMO with the name Star Wars behind it? Again, I'll repeat it.. if you are telling all of us who are currently unhappy with this release to "go back to WoW.." you'll get even LESS support and even LESS new content. That's BioWare's worst nightmare telling ANY of us to go back to WoW.

im saying if this is so miserable for u go back to something you would enjoy doing. No one is forcing you to play this. i for one dont understand why play a game if you are just so unhappy with it.

It's not so much the bugs, those will come with any game on this scale.. it's the lack of major 2012 MMO features. It's like.. it's almost like they want their game to fail or something. It's baffling to me how they could release the game in the state it's in. Not to mention, when we come right down to it.. there isn't much replayability in this game, and it most certainly doesn't have longevity..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me guess 'no lfg

no dual spec

glad those 2 are not in it

Feel like BW pumped 100million or so dollars into it? Just thought about it on my break at work. Loving the game but curious and I'd really like to know what the other players think.

Myself? Short answer; yes game has tons of voicacting and good immersion and starwars license. BUT there are a fair number of bugs that made it to launch, certain parts of the game arent as dynamic as the devs made out early on, combat animations for example, PVP seems a little lacking, and for all the time and money nothing seems too innovative, not that game is bad by any means.

I played day 1 Alpha testing of Fallen Earth(small Indy company) and it went ftp a few months ago, it still had more to offer then SW:Tor when FE it hit closed Beta.

Who the hell even Alpha tested this game? How many were in Alpha? Was there an Alpha testing phase?

Same can be said for Bioware games. they in fact have many game of the year awards and are considered a top notch developer....hmmmmm

SOME BioWare games. Don't dare say all of them.

Name me one Blizzard game that hasn't received critical acclaim, fan accolades. They've never had a flop, and when they release a title, it's always innovative and EVERY OTHER gaming company takes notes.

Unfortunately, much to your chagrin, this isn't open for debate. Simply look at the computer gaming industry since Blizzard has been in it.. roughly 20 years.

Is it a crime to play both? Is it a crime to subscribe to SW:TOR and expect an amazing, enthralling MMO with the name Star Wars behind it? Again, I'll repeat it.. if you are telling all of us who are currently unhappy with this release to "go back to WoW.." you'll get even LESS support and even LESS new content. That's BioWare's worst nightmare telling ANY of us to go back to WoW.

OP here

If anything thats an underlying fear of mine, after leaving WoW and AoC, my two longest term MMO's, I feel that with such a huge budget Bioware had for this game that sort of thing is much more possible. With all the money used for the game wouldn't they need to hold onto more subscribers for a longer period for the publishers and devs to label it a financial success? I know the game is getting good feedback and marketing now, but all MMO's get that during their honeymoon period. Im just a bit concerned when more people see SWTOR they dont see a game that was a product of vast resources. :(

Dude, read the forums you're on. Browsing them for a day will show you the majority of the people ON THE FORUMS are unhappy with the state of the game. Why is this so hard to admit? We are those who don't want to settle for mediocrity. We are paying their salary, they better make it worthwhile. This isn't too much to ask, nor out of line in any way, shape, or form.

But not everyone on the forums is bashing the hell out of Bioware and TOR and telling people that they should go play WoW because this games sucks. You both are doing just that. Doing nothing but complaining about this game, saying everyone who likes it is wrong, and that WoW is a much better game.

Edited by Kemosobe

Can it, though.. especially after the SW:TOR release?

It can, swtor is recieving high praise. not our fault you refuse to see that. So does blizzard pay you per post?? I cant think of any reasonable reason you would still be here other than that.

im saying if this is so miserable for u go back to something you would enjoy doing. No one is forcing you to play this. i for one dont understand why play a game if you are just so unhappy with it.

Well, maybe for one I'm a fan of computer games, MMO, and Star Wars.. and was hoping (as everyone else was) that this game would live up to the hype it was receiving. I'm paying for this game because they require a month subscription (lol) to get your free month, and an employee of mine got me a 2 month gamecard. When those 4 months are out, we'll see if I'm still here. Here's where you say "can we have your stuff" and "go back to wow, you won't be missed.." and also here is where BioWare shakes in their boots.

I blame EA, they're doing all this on the cheap, I can tell. Probably what the guy said is right, EA panicked, thought the game was going to be terrible and gave them less money. now that the game is relatively successful (so far) hopefully they will infuse more funds, idk though EA has been doing some pretty cheap and crappy things recently (origin). Edited by areto

But no, you can't, actually. See, because those games you mentioned were both critically acclaimed and loved by the fans. Dragon Age 2.. should you even be defending it? :o

they werent loved by the fans, your in denial. Dragon age 2 was critically acllaimed also and was actually a good game. It just didnt go in a direction that was popular among dragon age fans. as an rpg its a quality game.

No, I will say what is missing completely, not a list that suits your needs. [insert list that suits Feelinstars' needs]

Then do it better. I'll be here.

You speak as if you're the voice of the people. Everything you mentioned is subjective (minus the lag which is just your bad connection).

Edited by aghyarian

It's not so much the bugs, those will come with any game on this scale.. it's the lack of major 2012 MMO features. It's like.. it's almost like they want their game to fail or something. It's baffling to me how they could release the game in the state it's in. Not to mention, when we come right down to it.. there isn't much replayability in this game, and it most certainly doesn't have longevity..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let me guess 'no lfg

no dual spec

glad those 2 are not in it

YOU'RE glad those 2 things aren't in it, while meanwhile I gaurentee after the hoop-la dies down, BioWare WILL add those two features.. because a 2012 MMO which wants to have "legs" needs those features. It's insulting to us with their budget and development age those simple, standard features weren't released.

Again, I'm a tank. I can spam ONCE in trade and get a group. I feel bad for the DPS and heals. NO ONE wants to sit in trade for 2 hours HOPING they'll get a group. Guess what? Without CASUALS (guys who play an hour or two every few days).. there will be no new content, no patches, no bug fixes. Blizzard always realized this. BioWare should take note.

they werent loved by the fans, your in denial. Dragon age 2 was critically acllaimed also and was actually a good game. It just didnt go in a direction that was popular among dragon age fans. as an rpg its a quality game.

Burning Crusade, WoTLK, and (to a lesser extent, but STILL.. be honest) Cata were loved by the fans, and acclaimed by the critics? Do we really want to argue something where you know you're wrong, good sir?

Edited by Feelinestars

I'm glad you and your wife are having fun, and I mean that deep down. I love that! I would never, ever want to rain on anyones parade.. that's not why I'm in this thread. I respect you and your wife, and I love the fact that you love this game. Enjoy it!

I will comment on one thing, the LFR in WoW was exploited the first two weeks.. and all gear and valor points received was removed, and they received bans for 8 days. LFR has sort of made WoW fun again for a lot of people.. I can log onto my mage, hit a button, and get some cool gear! It's especially fun queueing with guildies on alts on non-raid nights.

All in all, I respect your opinion. I respect the fact that you're enjoying yourself, and it bears repeating that I absolutely in no way want to rain on your parade. Have fun!!! I'll see you in game!

Thank you for your kind response. (takes off fireproof suit)

LOL since reading a lot of the, shall we say "things" on the forums I felt it was time to express my feelings about what we are experiencing playing SWTOR if you are a game fan then you, as well as us, know that this game has huge potential if given the chance (wife and I plan to go back to wow but atm cannot afford to play-- both time and money are issues) Just finished downloading public test client so looking forward to seeing the game improve through this tool. We play on Infinite Empire server and atm are not Guild affiliated (not till we reach cap then may start our own) if u like u can pm me here and maybe join us on our "Star Wars" adventures.

May many Jedie at our hands hehe

Edited by Aroseby

Then do it better. I'll be here.

You speak as if you're the voice of the people. Everything you mentioned is subjective (minus the lag which is just your bad connection).

I have FIOS 35down/15up. I'm a network engineer. I assure you my computer is good, and my connection is even better. Not that you need to believe me, but I am telling the truth. Beyond giving you my specs through logs and proving I have a fiber-optics connection, you're just spouting conjecture. Good day, sir.

Burning Crusade, WoTLK, and (to a lesser extent, but STILL.. be honest) Cata were loved by the fans, and acclaimed by the critics? Do we really want to argue something where you know you're wrong, good sir?

go for it. Ill wait..

Thank you for your kind response. (takes off fireproof suit)

LOL since reading a lot of the, shall we say "things" on the forums I felt it was time to express my feelings about what we are experiencing playing SWTOR if you are a game fan then you, as well as us, know that this game has huge potential if given the chance (wife and I plan to go back to wow but atm cannot afford to play-- both time and money are issues) Just finished downloading public test client so looking forward to seeing the game improve through this tool. We play on Infinite Empire server and atm are not Guild affiliated (not till we reach cap then may start our own) if u like u can pm me here and maybe join us on our "Star Wars" adventures.

May many Jedie at our hands hehe

I'd never attack someone with a response such as yours. Never. I'm simply not here to rain on parades or be cold-hearted and troll. My ex-girlfriend and I played computer games next to each other all the time, it was our main hobby. I'm glad you two are enjoying the game, and I bet if I had a full-time questing partner it would enhance my experience greatly.

I'm on server Dark Reaper, feel free to PM Forceline any time!

YOU'RE glad those 2 things aren't in it, while meanwhile I gaurentee after the hoop-la dies down, BioWare WILL add those two features.. because a 2012 MMO which wants to have "legs" needs those features. It's insulting to us with their budget and development age those simple, standard features weren't released.

Again, I'm a tank. I can spam ONCE in trade and get a group. I feel bad for the DPS and heals. NO ONE wants to sit in trade for 2 hours HOPING they'll get a group. Guess what? Without CASUALS (guys who play an hour or two every few days).. there will be no new content, no patches, no bug fixes. Blizzard always realized this. BioWare should take note.

Guess what, I am one of these casual players you are talking about. I have been playing the crap out of SWTOR during this holiday season. Monday I go back to college and will not be playing this game as much, but will still love it for what it is. I was also in the military before Blizzard started catering to these "casual" players so much and, even though I had no time, I loved the hell out of WoW. I was just getting out of the military when Blizzard started turning WoW into what it is now, and only hated it. I now had even more time to play the game that I was once loving, and hated it because there was no reason to play it anymore. Blizzard had turned WoW from an MMO into a single player type experience where you can just "beat" (hit 80) the game in a week if not less. Yes, there are raids, but when they take no skill and no thought process to complete, what is the point?

You're right, there doesn't need to be a king.. but there is one, naturally, and that of course yields the best response time on patches, imbalance fixes, and of course.. new content! Warhammer doesn't release new content like WoW, simply because it never took off nor has subscriptions ANYWHERE near WoW. I fear that SW:TOR is headed down the same, broken, depressing path of obscurity.

And having a king is kind of a bad thing. I really hope that TOR, GW2, Rift and TSW combine together to take subscriptions away from WoW. Not because I wish any ill will towards it, but rather to allow players a bit more voice. I highly doubt that I am the only person to dislike WoW for what it is and perhaps with more choice, developers for current and future MMOs will get a better idea of what we like in an MMO than "Let's copy WoW."

On the note of response time, we can't really say how good or bad TOR is at it yet. So far, I think their bug fixes have been coming out in a good amount of time, but that might be just me. In terms of content, only time will tell.

I think you have now become my new best friend. I also came to TOR to play TOR. If I wanted to stay on WoW, I would have stayed on WoW. This game is amazing and everything that Bioware said it would be.

:cool: I've been loving TOR. My cousin says it's WoW with new paint, but eh. There are parts that do feel like WoW, but for the most part, TOR feels way different. I don't know if it's because the community or that it's Star Wars, but whatever it is, it feels completely different. Actually, I'd say it has a Bioware feel. Honestly, I'm surprised at how people are disappointed with the amount of voice acting. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to have a large amount of story telling.....

Dude, read the forums you're on. Browsing them for a day will show you the majority of the people ON THE FORUMS are unhappy with the state of the game. Why is this so hard to admit? We are those who don't want to settle for mediocrity. We are paying their salary, they better make it worthwhile. This isn't too much to ask, nor out of line in any way, shape, or form.

I read the forums, I'm also pretty experienced with MMO forums in general. I think I can tell when criticism represents a majority or just a vocal minority. In this case, to me it has the feel of a vocal minority.

By contrast, during the recent Incarna fiasco over at EVE Online, it was very clear to me at the time that it was a majority speaking, and I said so myself in the forums, and my prediction was vindicated by CCP's u-turn. Similarly for AoC and WAR.

Here, it's not the same. Here it's the feel of a vocal minority.

The way you can tell is by "defenders". In the case of EVE, the "defence" was lacklustre. Similarly for AoC as I recall. Here, the opposition to the critics is vigorous (although of course not necessarily always correct or coherent, but hey, it's the internet). For every critical post, the defensive responses seem to come quite quickly.

Anyway, it's just a feel thing, but so is your comment.

Edited by gurugeorge