Does this Game...

sadokun

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm here more out of curiosity.. I can't comprehend why those who are so die-hard for this game can't admit that it's not what we were promised, and the games' standards are quite low for such an enormous budget and hype.

its everything that was promised. all features announced prior to release are in game.

I said this game will be BOOMING and that wow will have lost its playerbase. I didnt say however they would all be here. I trully predict this game having around 2-3 million subs a year from now. WoW will stay around 4-5 for another 3 years. This game will continue to grow.

as someone who has been a part of every major mmo over the last 8-9 years... I have NEVER seen such a positive response for an MMO like this one. The last that was close was in fact WoW There is a buzz about this game thats undeniable and regardless of what you may believe, most people seem to truly enjoy it.

The buzz has died down, the new-shiny feeling has died down. The hype has died down.

The game, unfortunately, does not have longevity or "legs," if you will. There is no buzz or mojo on the street about this game. There was before it was released, but.. well, you see the state the game is in now. You read the forums. You get a vibe while playing it.. you know what's going on.

This thread is me vs. 2 people. I'm not up against much, here lol.

You talk a lot about facts. Go back just three pages and count how many different persons disagrees with you.

Fact: It is several times more than 2.

its everything that was promised. all features announced prior to release are in game.

Again. This game isn't a failure for what it is, it's a failure for what it isn't. I find it hard to believe anyone can argue that, good sir. This game had undeniable potential, it has the Star Wars name backing it.. and, this is what we've got. They released.. this. I feel cheated and somewhat insulted, as should you.

I guess I'm here more out of curiosity.. I can't comprehend why those who are so die-hard for this game can't admit that it's not what we were promised, and the games' standards are quite low for such an enormous budget and hype.

You can't comprehend that lots of people are enjoying the game? That's probably because you're a certain type of player who's more into competitive endgame content. But that's always a minority (although I agree it's an enthusiastic minority that can really help market a game virally).

This MMO is unlikely to take all that many people from WoW, at least not at the moment. What it's likely to do is capture a new market of people who haven't played MMOs before - precisely because of the RPG aspect.

IOW, it's likely to induce people into playing via the storytelling, and then they may discover the fun of teaming, etc., etc.

I would also agree that a lot hangs on whether BW can sort out the responsiveness problem and pump out lots more endgame content. That might be what makes a difference between an MMO that lasts for 7 years and one that lasts only for 2 or 3.

Bottom line: not everyone takes MMOs as e-sport, or are terribly competitive. There are CRPG and social aspects to them as well. An MMO needs all sorts of players to thrive. You are speaking for the segment that takes MMOs as an e-sport, although even then you're not speaking for all of them (as I've seen some hardcore types enjoying the game too, and being surprised that they are). But there are many, many other players who are enjoying the experience, and who progress slowly enough for some of the things you're talking about not to matter (as I say, not until roundabout month 3, when BW REALLY have to get their **** together).

You talk a lot about facts. Go back just three pages and count how many different persons disagrees with you.

Fact: It is several times more than 2.

Because this thread name is misleading, and doesn't spark controversy or interest, so no one but myself and 3-4 others are clicking on it. Welcome to the general forums, good sir. I hope you enjoy your stay!

It feels like they pumped about 10% of that into the game and the rest into voice acting that is already old and annoying to listen to when going through it a second time (or in the case of flash points, the 50th time).

Definitely underestimated this and feel like a traditional MMO is more for me after seeing how this is playing out.

I'm not even sure what the point of this link is. Cool, a non-subjective review of the game.

The meat and potatoes of your very own link are in the REPLIES from REAL GAMERS.

Again, not sure what your point was.. but you're certainly proving mine, good sir.

I'm not even sure what the point of this link is. Cool, a non-subjective review of the game.

The meat and potatoes of your very own link are in the REPLIES from REAL GAMERS.

Again, not sure what your point was.. but you're certainly proving mine, good sir.

Check the date. October 21st. That was a preview of the game's features

And look... they're in the game.

Sorry you're not a real gamer, or else you would have read the news.

My apologies. Allow me to respond to this statement then.

Would you rather get into a group that will succeed and is competent, or get into a fail group where no one can see who is doing what wrong.. and improve your rotation, etc.?

Because if someone doesnt do it the cookie cutter way, it MUST be wrong, right?

...o but I forgot... playing MMO's is serious business and there is not room to have fun

Again. This game isn't a failure for what it is, it's a failure for what it isn't. I find it hard to believe anyone can argue that, good sir.

This thread got multiple people who can and do argue it. Do you not believe your own eyes? What is wrong with you?

Actually switch that number from 11mil to 10mil because in 2011 WoW lost more players than they gained. WoW lost over 10% of their subscribers in 2011 and bringing Pandas and Pokemon battles isn't going to help. I'm curious to see their numbers after Kung Fu Pandas. :jawa_smile: Because from what I read fans are more disappointed than excited for Pandaria.

I disagree, and so does the industry. Mists of Pandaria will bring all those subscribers back, and then some. The only reason WoW's subscriber base went from monumentally amazing to.. monumentally amazing, still, is that Cataclysm was a less-than-epic expansion. I'm not so blind as to not admit that. However, FACT: The crappiest WoW expansion is miles ahead (in every way) of this newly released, 2012 (supposed) MMO. I say supposed in parenthesis because it appears the majority of people are finding their experience in this game to be more of a single-player one, and not that of an MMO. That, again, doesn't hold subscriptions. They dropped the ball, good sir.

Because if someone doesnt do it the cookie cutter way, it MUST be wrong, right?

...o but I forgot... playing MMO's is serious business and there is not room to have fun

I get the sense (especially from these forums, and from reviews all over the internet) that not too many are having the "fun" that we all thought we would. Lord above knows I wanted to love this game to pieces, but unfortunately that didn't happen for me.. and apparently, a TON of other people..

The buzz has died down, the new-shiny feeling has died down. The hype has died down.

The game, unfortunately, does not have longevity or "legs," if you will. There is no buzz or mojo on the street about this game. There was before it was released, but.. well, you see the state the game is in now. You read the forums. You get a vibe while playing it.. you know what's going on.

wow, what world are you from. the games still buzzing quite a bit. this forum looks like every other game forum EVER. nothing new there. WoW forums are this bad. You are truly sheltering yourself from the real world. ps this isnt my favorite mmo, its real close but I am a comics fan and love DCUO also. I knew that game wasnt gonna be a hit but I enjoy it. This game I can tell you right now is the next big thing. YOU dont want to see that happen, we all get that, but it will.

I disagree, and so does the industry. Mists of Pandaria will bring all those subscribers back, and then some. The only reason WoW's subscriber base went from monumentally amazing to.. monumentally amazing, still, is that Cataclysm was a less-than-epic expansion. I'm not so blind as to not admit that. However, FACT: The crappiest WoW expansion is miles ahead (in every way) of this newly released, 2012 (supposed) MMO. I say supposed in parenthesis because it appears the majority of people are finding their experience in this game to be more of a single-player one, and not that of an MMO. That, again, doesn't hold subscriptions. They dropped the ball, good sir.

How do you know what Mists of Pandaria is, or what it has?

You said yourself you had no idea what features SWtOR had, even though they were incredibly well promulgated.

Edited by CupieFoxtail

Again. This game isn't a failure for what it is, it's a failure for what it isn't. I find it hard to believe anyone can argue that, good sir. This game had undeniable potential, it has the Star Wars name backing it.. and, this is what we've got. They released.. this. I feel cheated and somewhat insulted, as should you.

you feel cheated for not getting something you were not promised??? seriously what did you think this game was??

Because this thread name is misleading, and doesn't spark controversy or interest, so no one but myself and 3-4 others are clicking on it. Welcome to the general forums, good sir. I hope you enjoy your stay!

What has that to do with your lies?

Feel like BW pumped 100million or so dollars into it? Just thought about it on my break at work. Loving the game but curious and I'd really like to know what the other players think.

I feel as if Bioware missed a lot of the Star Wars in the Star Wars game. They did a good job in KoTOR. But, in this MMO, I expected more. Especially with the time put into it. It feels very WoW like. And, well Bioware had a whole canvas to work with. Wheres the moments where I get to lead a division of Republic, or Sith, troopers into battle? There is a war going on, and I'm out making sure that Voss is safe from it's lower class citizens.

wow, what world are you from. the games still buzzing quite a bit. this forum looks like every other game forum EVER. nothing new there. WoW forums are this bad. You are truly sheltering yourself from the real world. ps this isnt my favorite mmo, its real close but I am a comics fan and love DCUO also. I knew that game wasnt gonna be a hit but I enjoy it. This game I can tell you right now is the next big thing. YOU dont want to see that happen, we all get that, but it will.

You're right sir, but I appreciate the assumption. I DID want this game to be the next big thing.. but go login, you see what BioWare has released to us.. :mad:

And actually, if you read the WoW general forums.. there have never been more praise, especially to the innovative new LFR tool released with the most recent content patch. Why is it Blizzard seems to innovate everything in the gaming industry.. and literally every other company, in my eyes, is lightyears (lol) behind? It bothers me.. to a degree. I am a Blizzard fanboi, this is evident and obvious, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to love this game. I make a good living as an IT guy, I can afford two accounts in WoW and 1 account in this game together. I just don't see it going for more than a few months.. and if I feel this way, 100s of 1000s of others do too. Just read the forums.

A really good example.. I'm a tank, in SW:TOR. I attempt to do flashpoints all the time, and we have discussions about the game. I haven't met one person in those who say the game isn't anything more than a break from WoW.. and I mean it, I have no reason to lie. That's the "vibe" I'm referring to.

Actually switch that number from 11mil to 10mil because in 2011 WoW lost more players than they gained. WoW lost over 10% of their subscribers in 2011 and bringing Pandas and Pokemon battles isn't going to help. I'm curious to see their numbers after Kung Fu Pandas. :jawa_smile: Because from what I read fans are more disappointed than excited for Pandaria.

That is when everyone will come flocking back here and try and reverse every bad thing they said about this game. Along with the fact that they do not even have a two digit million subscriber count anymore.

Edited by Kemosobe

How do you know what Mists of Pandaria is, or what it has?

You said yourself you had no idea what features SWtOR had, even though they were incredibly well promulgated.

Because I bought the BlizzCon virtual ticket and devoured every second of it, and I still play WoW and follow its development very closely, and I do with many games and companies. Gaming for me (as a computer nerd, but I also get paid to fix computers and networks hehe!) is a hobby, and I love it!