Thank You, BioWare, For Not Using Invisible Walls.

Zombull

Let's clear up something. WOW had far more freedom to go where you wanted than TOR. Doesn't mean TOR isn't a good game. It is. But let's be honest here.

This is definitely true.

TOR is much more of a linear experience than WoW by all respects.

I'd say there is a bit more to discover in TOR when exploring, but WoW definitely allowed for more freedom.

Edited by Haasth

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they don't abuse invisible walls because they do not have the need. They already arbitrarily placed "natural" obstacles in your way to force you through certain paths, anyways, so it would be moot to fill the game with invisible walls.

I won't quit because I really like this game.

The only thing I hate is when people compare sandbox game (like wow) with a themepark (swtor). They are 2 totally different kinds of MMOs and I like them both for different reasons.

But when someone comes and says how swtor did a better job then wow in terms of exploration... It's just stupid

I agree with you, but you have to realize that you are on swtor OFFICIAL forums and your message is not going to get through because of all the ignorant people here. Kind of sad though, they think that acting like 10 year olds and ignoring everything will leave the game as it is without knowing that they don't even count for %1 of the SW:TOR population. They can't do much but be ignorant.

I am probably going to be either picked on Bioware's mods or the fanboys here and get a warning for my account, but I really don't care.

Oh wait, that right I remember there's no swimming in SWTOR since in the distant future within this galaxy all living things evolved into being that cant swim.

It's weird but I really like the freedom of swimming in games. I am going to get bashed for it, but wait for Guild Wars 2 and you will be amazed by what they are doing with water ;)

Invisible walls are the worst idea ever for a game, especially an MMO. I was sorely disappointed when Blizzard started using them extensively in the Burning Crusade era. I am quite pleased to see that BioWare does not place such arbitrary limits on exploration.

Exhaustion zones are understandable and that isn't the sort of thing I'm talking about here. I'm talking about invisible walls that prevent you from going "off the beaten path" even well within the game's zone borders. The only place I've seen them used in SWTOR is around instanced areas that are meant to be accessed via phase gateways, which is also understandable.

So anyway. Just wanted to say bravo and thank you for keeping the world open to exploration.

Blizzard uses almost no invisible walls to this day.

Exhaustion zones are a joke though. On Tatooine, I can't run from my starter base to the next hub? Ugh...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.