Whos best tank? M1 4x or Tanno Vik

jofra

so whos best tank? The ugly Tanno Vik or the super epic M1 4x? i like to have a tank on my side, and i used the bot prety musch all the time for my lvl, but now i dunnu if i change to Vik or not, ur thoughts?

Forex, without a doubt. That guy is beast mode. I leveled from 28-50 exclusively using him with my Gunnery leveling spec. My opinion is biased, as I am Cybertech so I kept him geared out all in blues and purples. By the time I got Tanno Vik with his starting green gear I didn't really give him a fair shake. But honestly, Forex is just too damn cool. His companion storyline is hilarious too.

Vik all the way for me ... No Cybertech, I went bio and because I am a combat medic, those big AOE openers are important ... Vik beats 4X when it comes to that becuase of the tow cable for one, and melee close into AOE range instead of running out of it. Edited by StarCadence

I've lvled as a hybrid combat medic/dps and have used mostly 4X, being a droid he can be a bit of a pain to keep well geared. But if you can do it he's okay. He mostly has problems holding aggro for me at least. When I got Vik I noticed right away that he gained aggro faster and held it longer.

With the right gear, either works. You just gotta be smart about your aggro and all that jazz.

Im cybertech, but love using Vik.

As assault spec , I was using Elara for the longest time. The killin always seemed a bit slow. Once at 50 I outfitted Vik properly purple weap, level 50 armoring/mods. Took him out for a test run and we dropped mobs much faster since I didn't have to kite. Didn't need to heal him at all during most fights.

Plus, love his attitude and battle cries. H'e's the only companion who's personality I actually like..

Regarding Tanno Vik, who I personally dislike cuz he has a dark soul, what stat should he be geared up with. It says "Aim", but when I read aim, it says it increases ranged attack damage. To my info, he uses a Techblade. So, should I upgrade him in strength gear?

Regarding Tanno Vik, who I personally dislike cuz he has a dark soul, what stat should he be geared up with. It says "Aim", but when I read aim, it says it increases ranged attack damage. To my info, he uses a Techblade. So, should I upgrade him in strength gear?

All of the Trooper companions use Aim as the primary stat because Havoc Squad is made up of Troopers. My biggest issue is that his Codex entry has a huge error in listing his weapon as a Vibrosword, when he CANNOT use them. I spent comms on a moddable Vibrosword, and he can't use it. ~.~

Vik's Aim stat also increases melee damage and crit.

Pure combat medic and I do most of my lvling, duo's, and grinding with Elara. You'll find that with uber equipts she will stay alive and keep you healed, and with a purple weapon she can damage as well. It's little or no down time that pairing.

As for tank I'm a Tanno Vik user, everyone of my companions are max purple equipts and I use them differently, but Vik by far can take more dmg, stat him for defense, lots of endurance

Do you take defense more than shield chance? Right now I've geared him out in decent not topnotch armor (all lvl 50 blue mods). His defense chance is around 17-18%, but shield chance is around 40%.

Also, with a large amount of aim, it shows his range attack as in the thousands 7000+ if I remember correctly, but melee dmg is only like 600 or so... not sure if it's a display bug.

I prefer forex, but mainly because I'm pure LS, and even though Forex isn't, he still gets along with me much better than Tanno. Being an RP character and thinking in RP mode, I have no reason to want to associate with that thug. I also dislike the fact that he likes to blow things up, yet is basically a clone of Qyzen and is pure melee. On a more practical note, since all Trooper companions besides Forex basically use all the same non-weapon equips, all my hand-me-downs are earmarked for Elara. Edited by Fishcatch