Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

11 days of game time then farewell

DarthPeterNorth

I love the game. I just can't stand the loading times for Alderaan, Tatooine and even the Imperial Fleet. I can run other MMORPG with superior graphics without loadings (FF14, Age of Conan).

Hopefully this will be addressed but as an ex-Everquest 2 player i think that the problem will never be addressed since its in the game core engine. Or maybe in some months ill save to buy a i7 2600 with a geforce 590gtx.

No you can't have my stuff, i can return to the game in a while. Have fun guys.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

phenom 1090t 3.2ghz optimized to run on 5 core

12g ram

ati radeon 6850hd

ocz 120g SSD

Game still takes 15-30 second for planet like hoth the republic fleet ... but my ship loading screen is 2-4 second ( thats where i hang out when i pvp)

STILL LAGGING LIKE CRAP IN PVP TOUGH !

Edited by Gantrithort

Loading time is going to be much more affected by your hard drive and CPU than your GPU. If you want to load faster, install the game on a SSD. My laptop has a Corsair 128 GB m4 SSD and I typically load into my ship in under 5 seconds and to larger or more crowded areas like large planet zones or the fleet in ~20 seconds. This doesn't seem unreasonable to me. There is a lot of data for the application to process and it does it in a relatively short amount of time. Edited by TostitoBandito

Loading time is going to be much more affected by your hard drive and CPU than your GPU. If you want to load faster, install the game on a SSD. My laptop has a Corsair 128 GB m4 SSD and I typically load into my ship in under 5 seconds and to larger or more crowded areas like large planet zones or the fleet in ~20 seconds. This doesn't seem unreasonable to me. There is a lot of data for the application to process and it does it in a relatively short amount of time.

wich is kinda dumb if you ask me ... it takes me 10 second to load from bios to windows 7 ultimate and 30 second to load the republic fleet ... are you telling me TOR is more complex than windows 7 ??

phenom 1090t 3.2ghz optimized to run on 5 core

12g ram

ati radeon 6850hd

ocz 120g SSD

Game still takes 15-30 second for planet like hoth the republic fleet ... but my ship loading screen is 2-4 second ( thats where i hang out when i pvp)

STILL LAGGING LIKE CRAP IN PVP TOUGH !

Lol i find myself waiting in the ship as well for pvp. Kinda sucks. I won't even return to any other P2P MMORPG cause i think SWTOR is the one i'll be but ill have to wait till they makes these loadings up to 10-15sec max.

Worst game i`ve ever played never have i hated a gaming experience as much as SWTOR with all the lies hype fake reviews Bioware moles in the forums pretending to be fanboys.

I was bored within 5 minutes and that never went away.

In the end the game is a lemon...

Worst game i`ve ever played never have i hated a gaming experience as much as SWTOR with all the lies hype fake reviews Bioware moles in the forums pretending to be fanboys.

I was bored within 5 minutes and that never went away.

In the end the game is a lemon...

i want my own golden goose daddy.

veruca salt from willy wonka and the chocolate factory.

Spoiled kids these days...in 1985 you had to wait 15-30 mins just to load your C-64 cassette game. And even more in game while changing levels etc.

Amiga 500+ 14 disks for one game and had to swap them 10 times per load screen :)