Emotes can now be used while riding in a vehicle?!!

SWGjumpedSHARK

Seriously?? That's what the devs are working on?!? I don't give a flying f*** about using emotes while riding in a vehicle. How about prioritizing what REALLY needs attention and addressing those issues first?! Every week I look forward to the patch notes to see if there is something that has been fixed regarding all of the PvP issues (insert yours here). It gets frustrating when the PvP forum is covered in posts about all of the aggravating issues with PvP and the devs are busy with things like ensuring we're able to wave to someone while riding our speeders.

How about realizing that they can work on more than one thing at a time, and only so many people can work on the issues you consider relevant?

Lemme put it this way.

Hypothetically, the 'critical' issues can be worked on by a max of, say, 50 people, right? After all, if you put two people on re-writing the same piece of code, you are accomplishing nothing.

So okay, the critical issues are being worked on as quickly as possible.

But wait, we have 55 people! Should the other 5 just sit with their thumbs of their butts so that you're not bothered by irrelevant patch notes?

No? You want them to work too?

GUESS WHAT'S LEFT, SHERLOCK, BOOM, SPEEDER-DANCING

Edited by Disastersaurus

They're probably doing these little things because, well, they're little and easily fixed. It's going to take time to fix the larger issues, so they might as well get something fixed while they look into what they can do to improve the big issues.

Would you rather have them fix some small stuff while we wait for large improvements? Or would you rather have nothing fixed until the big ones are fixed?

Seriously?? That's what the devs are working on?!? I don't give a flying f*** about using emotes while riding in a vehicle. How about prioritizing what REALLY needs attention and addressing those issues first?! Every week I look forward to the patch notes to see if there is something that has been fixed regarding all of the PvP issues (insert yours here). It gets frustrating when the PvP forum is covered in posts about all of the aggravating issues with PvP and the devs are busy with things like ensuring we're able to wave to someone while riding our speeders.

So, its starting to become very apparent isnt it? Bioware has made a huge mistake. They have given the playerbase the burden of being patient with them while the slowly bring about the necessary changes. At first i was very optimistic about their approach. but its becomming really apparent that they HAVE ZERO preparation for the situation they are faced with. the reason why you havent seen anything in regards to class balance is b/c they have nothing. It wouldnt surprise me if they are even remotely aware of what to do.

dont expect to see class balances this patch, they were too busy trying to sway us with flashly new pve content and minor pvp changes.

i still have a sliver of hope that there will be more added to the patch notes then what they have sofar, but from past experiences it seems these thingsthey have done have been prepared weeks ago and they just putting it on a weekly time frame.

I was willing to be patient, until i started to pvp. This is a mess that needs to be top priority. they are doing the "little things" b/c frankly they cant fix the big issues or a better way to say is they dont know how.

Edited by LeonkRAV

They're probably doing these little things because, well, they're little and easily fixed. It's going to take time to fix the larger issues, so they might as well get something fixed while they look into what they can do to improve the big issues.

Would you rather have them fix some small stuff while we wait for large improvements? Or would you rather have nothing fixed until the big ones are fixed?

I would rather they priortize what needs immediate attention. I think we'd be ok having to wait a few more weeks to use emotes on vehicles *rolls eyes* if it meant they could spend more man hours on the bigger issues.

I would rather they priortize what needs immediate attention. I think we'd be ok having to wait a few more weeks to use emotes on vehicles *rolls eyes* if it meant they could spend more man hours on the bigger issues.

I do agree it should be prioritized. But as another poster mentioned earlier, they would have different teams working on different issues. I'm sure the biggest teams are assigned to the biggest issues. Maybe the teams in charge of fixing the problems in their field are understaffed, who knows.

All I was trying to say is that I don't think they're just tossing issues to the back of the list simply because there are smaller things that could be worked on.

Gawd, sometimes I feel I am actually getting dumber every time I read these forums.

Did it ever occur to you that a MMO is complex as s*it and that bug fixing is far away from waving a magic wand you whiners seem to think it is. And that (OMG!) they have more than one team working on more than one thing at the same time.

Gawd, sometimes I feel I am actually getting dumber every time I read these forums.

Did it ever occur to you that a MMO is complex as s*it and that bug fixing is far away from waving a magic wand you whiners seem to think it is. And that (OMG!) they have more than one team working on more than one thing at the same time.

We agree....you are getting dumber.

This week we made several fixes with our scheduled maintenance patch (1.0.2) and three additional deployments (1.0.2a-c). With these patches, we’ve resolved several high priority bugs, including the following:

Highlighted here is the mistake. I don't think anyone minds the fact that a bug like not being able to use emotes on a vehicle was fixed. The problem is that there are some big issues that people are frustrated about and to see emoting from vehicles listed as a "High Priority" bug fix just helps fan the flames.

Edited by Einaudi
Mah grammer wer bad.

Actually most of the PvP issues are as simple as changing a modifier.

Which can be done by twelve year olds as evidenced by the number of Skyrim mods.

The fact that the Gunslinger/Agent imbalance wasn't corrected already shows how much the devs care.

Well thats not fair they've fixed Empire issues every patch.

Emoting from the speeder was causing people to fall out of the Taxi and not be able to take it. The generic wave which you automatically give the robot was the root cause of people not being able to progress past Corruscant or Dromund Kass, so yes it was high priority.

Actually most of the PvP issues are as simple as changing a modifier.

Agree with you here. The 30+ extra CD issue is very odd that it is still there and I can't understand why it is not getting fixed. Now.

As for Skyrim kids, they had a pretty complete game to begin with. I think we can all agree that EA pushed SWTOR for christmas and that it would have needed at least 4 more months in Beta. I am sure they have coders working on issues that is very important for game play as well as the new content that we have been promised for the end of January. I suspect they're undermanned and overworked. I also suspect the enable emoting while on a vehicle is tied to the stupid /getdown bug. Social team fixed one thing, saw an opening for something else and quickly fixed that too.

Generally I have faith in a MMO companies. They will seem to be clueless, but usually things get fixed in the end.

However. We are dealing somewhat with Mythic, also known as the company who let one rampant class AoE kill an entire game.

Emoting from the speeder was causing people to fall out of the Taxi and not be able to take it. The generic wave which you automatically give the robot was the root cause of people not being able to progress past Corruscant or Dromund Kass, so yes it was high priority.

Oh, didn't know this.

I got stuck several times on speeders and had to relog at least once/day because of it, maybe the emote is what caused it.

Hm. Happy panda if so. (and fixed)