The final story boss is stupid. (Spoilers)

MagicmanNC

So I've just spent an hour and a half and over 50k in repair wiping on this guy.

If this is supposed to be a group quest, it should say so.

I did pick up some gear for T-7 the last couple of planets, but there are 2 slots where there was nothing on the GTN, and him surviving for another 5 seconds isn't going to matter one bit at this point.

I've seen I should try to LoS the dopplegangers, but I haven't made it work correctly yet. I can't tank them (Combat Sentinel), and the 3 times I was able to use Call on the Force + medpacks + stims haven't changed the outcome. I got him to about 50% once.

Best part is, I have somewhere to be now and if I have to fight all the way through to the Emperor again I'm going to consider uninstalling. I probably won't but it'd almost be a relief, I can watch it on youtube or something lol.

Any tips/pointers, besides the obvious "Bring a healer friend?"

I confess I happened to be grouped when I was on this quest, so I just brought the friend along, but the best thing I could probably mention that you haven't already covered is to make SURE you get your interrupts off on Force Blow. If something is one-shotting you, that is it.

Find a Biochem buddy.

Have him make you one of the topend Blue You+Companion Medpacs. Level 48 requirement...should be about 5k total life for BOTH of you, allowing you + your companion to survive AT LEAST 2 waves of clones. If you can make T7 survive that long, and he has a level 50 BLASTER RIFLE (Not Pistol. Look at the damage numbers. Why they would ever give anyone the option to use both is completely beyond me.) you should have enough to bring him down.

I didn't need the you + companion medpac, but it's EASILY the best way to make this fight almost trivial.

I actually had a really easy time with this fight - probably luck but all the same, only took me 2 tries. I played as watchmen for this, walked upto him and just all out dpsed him. I kicked/channeled stunned/awed/and leapt for all my casting interrupts. I ignored the clones since they always focused t7 at start anyways, and it helps to have his dmg reduc ability activated. Was able to bring him below 25%ish(since he no longer spawns clones - jumping off him to kill clones is a major Loss) before t7 dies. (tip: rebuke? Our 20% reduc with thorns kills clones as does t7s aoe for some reason...) once I got to that point it was just a matter of putting dots up and LoSing his big 40k+ nuke if I didn't have interrupts up - didn't take chances with defensive cd's as that ability just hits way too hard(they should be down anyways so that your above 50kish before t7 dies) and was the reason I didn't beat him the first time. Good luck everyone, hope you have an easier time with him. Relics make a difference here and I didn't have to medkit but would only to keep me above 50k.

Edited by Fijik

Died at the Sith Temple entrance, used the Ress at the Medcamp, it took me inside the emperor chamber "Dark Temple - Mezzanine" without unlocking the entrance.

Killed all mobs, reached the emperor and it was "unavailable for this Conversation", because the door downstairs was not previously activated. No way to get out of here because the door will remain red (it had to be turned green by activating switch outside) Now I can't get out anymore and I am imprisoned in the mummy chamber, waiting for a Gm who takes me out.

A guild buddy of mine bashed his head against this **** encounter for 5 hours before he somehow managed to bug it out and beat it.

Now both he and I help others who are on that part because it is in no way a solo quest. Guardians might have an easier time but Sentinels are torn to shreds the moment the step foot off the landing pad. Seeing how T7 is a useless companion and you never use him past Tython, I can't believe you're sent with him to your final quest.

Quick question:

I talked to a Jedi Guardian friend of mine who is set to tackle the Emperor as well. If he joins my phase to help, can he bring any companion along (namely, Doc), or is he forced to being his T7 as well, even though he won't be advancing his story? I naturally would be returning the favor, but I can see this still being miserable if we both have to use T7.

Thanks!

Only one Jedi Knight can be in the instance unfortunately.

There is an option in preferences to allow multiples of the same class in class story areas. However, the quest only counts for the person who owns the instance so 2 jedi knights can both go in but you have to do it twice for both of them to get credit for completion.

There is an option in preferences to allow multiples of the same class in class story areas. However, the quest only counts for the person who owns the instance so 2 jedi knights can both go in but you have to do it twice for both of them to get credit for completion.
Yes, we know we'll be doing it twice. But the questions is, do we both have to use T7 both times?

I just did this, solo, based on advice from someone elses post on this forum. I dunno about sentinels, but Guardians should make use of force push. Kite him down the circular stairway killing the adds with the odd saber throw/T7 as you go (they bunch as you round corners. Having T7 on passive and then sending him to EMP would usually take all of them out.)

Once he's in the middle of the platform, force jump into him and move your self around so that you can force push him off the ledge. Specifically, you need to have the corridoor to his chambers sort of behind you, so that he falls to the left of the tree as you look at it.

The fall does about 17K damage. he'll teleport back to the start and coming running with hhis clones. Do the same again and he's toast.

As for T7's gear, there is supposed to be a puzzle and a chest full of level 50 T7 gear as the Devs knew it would a problem as not many people have him kitted out.

Sadly, the chest is bugged....

Yes, we know we'll be doing it twice. But the questions is, do we both have to use T7 both times?

I (Guardian) helped another Guardian with it and I brought Doc. Naturally this made things a bit easier. Once inside I stuck with Doc and we made it by applying DPS as fast as possible, there was barely any time for Doc to work his magic - so it might actually go even faster if you switch to Kira/Rusk for the boss fight. Unlike the instance owner, your companions are not restricted so you can switch at any time.

I have to say, I respect anyone who is able to win this fight without glitching, using LOS tricks, or force pushing the boss off the staircase. That takes some serious skill.

The T7 chest is at the very end by the way, inside the temple. I died many, many times on the way there even though I decked out T7 in full orange gear and all Corellia commendation mods.

Edited by Grimmas

It's doable solo with a nicely-geared T7. It's all about using Awe and your AoE aggro at the right times and mopping up the adds as fast as you can. Also interrupting the boss' most devastating abilities. If you time everything right you can do it by yourself. The fight is every bit as difficult as it should be - he's the Sith emperor!

It's doable solo with a nicely-geared T7. It's all about using Awe and your AoE aggro at the right times and mopping up the adds as fast as you can. Also interrupting the boss' most devastating abilities. If you time everything right you can do it by yourself. The fight is every bit as difficult as it should be - he's the Sith emperor!

Sounds like most people aren't ready for the trials of being a Jedi.

save yourself a boat load of time. dont try to be tough and do it by yourself cause that is just completely idiotic... the game is made so you can bring buddies along and trust me ive tried to do it by myself and then i wizzed through it with 3 ppl and let me just say its much more relaxing with 3 people.

the game lets you bring people... so do it.

what boggles my mind is why the jedi last boss is next to damn impossible yet i finished the trooper quests solo at 47.... that seems balanced.

yep i dont make use of T7 since i got kira and doc, so t7 was hardly undergeared. the 1st time i was there the famous puzzle chest was bugged. completely impossible to kill the emperor (i was already in almost full champion gear). i had to bring friends which was not very comfortable (phase system was not working perfectly, we always had to try out who goes through door/phase wall first und who second. annoying).

with 2 people he was an easy kill.

DEFINATELY needs serious rework. T7 sucks...

Just got here today. Almost killed him once, got him to 400hp and missed an interrupt. Never got close again after about 20 more tries and 50k+ in repairs. Gonna have to fleet pass out and beg for help or something. All my guildies are lvl 30 or under. :(

If it was 1 wave of clones, I think I could do it, but 3+ is murder.

Might try one more time tonight when I'm not so frustrated.

Anybody on Shien wanna lend a hand? :(

Edited by RGMetal

yep i dont make use of T7 since i got kira and doc, so t7 was hardly undergeared. the 1st time i was there the famous puzzle chest was bugged. completely impossible to kill the emperor (i was already in almost full champion gear). i had to bring friends which was not very comfortable (phase system was not working perfectly, we always had to try out who goes through door/phase wall first und who second. annoying).

with 2 people he was an easy kill.

DEFINATELY needs serious rework. T7 sucks...

It needs to be reworked cause it's hard?

Lol read all these posts saying how hard this fight was, but was adamant on trying to solo the mission first, before relying on a guildie to help. JK guardian and an poorly geared T7(got him a few green mission drops and a green rifle, same quality as the items you get from the chest), but I made my way through the trash and reached the emperor. So I made the decision to just give him a shot to learn tactics before using stims and CDs etc. And guess what? He toppled over without me breaking a sweat. Never got to use medpacks or Call on the force. T7 was low but still alive.

So honestly this must be a Sentinel issue, cause I didn't find it much challenging as a Guardian.