The Jaxo Decision- Possible Repercussions [Major Late-Game Spoilers]

Amote

I just got to this point in the trooper story.

This is literally the hardest choice I've had to make all game...

Saving Jaxo, who I think is totally awesome. Or letting her die...

I was leaning towards saving Jaxo because...COME ON, IT'S JAXO!

However...

Jaxo dying is what happens in the fan art I drew a little while ago. But I think what's holding me back is; I have a very limited knowledge of what happens after you save Jaxo.

I know she sends you a message later and is "written out of the game" However, that small bit of hope that maybe it's not the end for a living Jaxo still holds me back. I just...can't decide on what to do....

Anyone who saved Jaxo can tell me if there's any other interactions you get from her besides her mail later on?

I just got to this point in the trooper story.

This is literally the hardest choice I've had to make all game...

Saving Jaxo, who I think is totally awesome. Or letting her die...

I was leaning towards saving Jaxo because...COME ON, IT'S JAXO!

However...

Jaxo dying is what happens in the fan art I drew a little while ago. But I think what's holding me back is; I have a very limited knowledge of what happens after you save Jaxo.

I know she sends you a message later and is "written out of the game" However, that small bit of hope that maybe it's not the end for a living Jaxo still holds me back. I just...can't decide on what to do....

Anyone who saved Jaxo can tell me if there's any other interactions you get from her besides her mail later on?

Nothing happens beside the mail you get that basicly says she quit and need to get away. She has a breakdown of sort beacuse you sacrifice so many people over her.

Save Jaxo = Get Jaxo

Don't save Jaxo = Get Jonas Balker

I would be completely and absolutely ok with this :) It would also make me more certain that sacrificing Jaxo was the "right" thing to do. Though I may be a bit biased since damnit Jonas Balkar needs to be a companion anyway!

Ofcourse I saved the 300 people, because leaving that many to die just because you know Jaxo personally is quite a bit further than I'd be willing to go, but hearing her begging you not to leave her was just... damn.

Even though I knew I was making the right choice, hearing that gave me some serious doubts.

I had to save Jaxo, but I felt pretty bad about it after. Especially since she went all crazy afterwards. My character kind of does what he wants and plays lip service to Garza. For this paticular instance Garza throws down hard on you if you tell the truth.

I think a good idea would be jaxo coming to you and saying she wants to be on the front lines. She needs to make up for everything that has happened.

If you chose to kill her then You get Balker. He storms your ship looking for a fight. After incapacitating him he tells you that his family was murder and he needs to find the killers. And hey that could be part of his companion quests. Finding the killer and the one who hired him

I haven't gotten to this point, but I think Jaxo may have been slated to be a replacement companion at some point. Early in beta you could kill off your companions and I've noticed in several of the storylines you meet viable companion material npcs that never make your roster. So far Jaxo falls into this category.

Maybe what happens to her is BW's way of wrapping things up, the bad untidy way that leaves a nasty taste in your mouth? Considering how some companion stories go she maybe got off easy.

I am only at level 35, so I have not gotten to this point yet, but I will be leaving her to die. Someone posted earlier in this thread, 300 to 1 is a no brainer, I'm a trooper, I should save the helpless. She's a soldier of sorts, she should understand, or at least not beg for her life. The begging would be the decider for me, she doesnt deserve to live if she would put herself ahead of the lives of 300 others, just sayin....

Elara is a bit bland, but she'll do. :)

Someone posted earlier in this thread, 300 to 1 is a no brainer, I'm a trooper, I should save the helpless. She's a soldier of sorts, she should understand, or at least not beg for her life. The begging would be the decider for me, she doesnt deserve to live if she would put herself ahead of the lives of 300 others, just sayin....

You're pretty heartless, letting someone die _because_ they plead for their lives. Do you honestly think none of the 300 anonymous soldiers you saved would have pleaded just as pitifully given the chance?

As for no-brainer:If you do this mission with M1-X4, "he" helpfully points out that the training budget for one special forces operative is substantially higher than that for 300 regular troopers. The companion driven exclusively by patriotism + logic chimes in for Jaxo! And it makes sense. Coruscant alone has a trillion inhabitants. Obviously the Republic military's bottom line resource issues relate to money, not manpower. Jaxo really may be more valuable to the Republic than 300 ordinary lives.

My Trooper saved the 300. But it was an agonizing choice. Nothing "no brainer" about it at all.

• 3 weeks later...

those ppl, who didn't save her will get general garza as companion instead. I think that this option will suit everyone :D

ewwww!!! *scrubs Brain with a metal brush*

I think a good idea would be jaxo coming to you and saying she wants to be on the front lines. She needs to make up for everything that has happened.

If you chose to kill her then You get Balker. He storms your ship looking for a fight. After incapacitating him he tells you that his family was murder and he needs to find the killers. And hey that could be part of his companion quests. Finding the killer and the one who hired him

Balker would make a very cool non-military companion, maybe like a knify Melee DPS/Operative :)

Jaxo as alternative... well, that would give trooper a triangle love story too. What would fit for Jaxo, Sniper DPS?

Edited by Kheldras

So my Trooper has usually followed the mission assignment to the letter, but his heart got to him this time, and he chose Jaxo over the prisoners (so unfair to have her begging on the line like that). Afterwards, in order to keep up appearances to Command, he lied to Garza and said that Jaxo and the fish man were all who could be saved. What I'm wondering is, who thinks that this incident could cause a huge controversy and hearings later on when Bioware expands the storyline? Do you think that this particular choice and coverup will be chosen by such a small portion of the Trooper playerbase that BW would see follow-up as a waste of resources? I mean, there are so many witnesses to the choice I made (that fish is a particularly ghastly loose end to keep in mind) that it would seem crazy that a single lie could remove any amount of responsibility. This is all obviously speculation, but I'm interested in knowing what you guys think.

Dude, you think some event in which no evidence remains (the place is debris now) and any accusations contrary to Havoc Squad's word is hearsay might come back to bite you?

Just wait until the mission after Voss. I'm completely amazed I wasn't thrown in prison for this on the spot:

I murdered an unarmed senator in cold blood, in front of several other senators and the official hearing's judge/oversight/guards/random citizens. Afterward I was like "here's evidence he was working for the empire, kthxbye"

Edited by HazardOOI

Dude, you think some event in which no evidence remains (the place is debris now) and any accusations contrary to Havoc Squad's word is hearsay might come back to bite you?

Just wait until the mission after Voss. I'm completely amazed I wasn't thrown in prison for this on the spot:

I murdered an unarmed senator in cold blood, in front of several other senators and the official hearing's judge/oversight/guards/random citizens. Afterward I was like "here's evidence he was working for the empire, kthxbye"

The Republic is spineless. After seeing that bunch of morons trying to find a peaceful solution for something so obviously wrong as shooting a criminal in public on a mere brief accusation (we only had Garza's word)...I really lost hope for them.

That was 4th senator killed by my character directly or indirectly during our storyline. I wonder if there is another class in the game on both sides that managed to kill more Republic senators.

The Republic is spineless. After seeing that bunch of morons trying to find a peaceful solution for something so obviously wrong as shooting a criminal in public on a mere brief accusation (we only had Garza's word)...I really lost hope for them.

That was 4th senator killed by my character directly or indirectly during our storyline. I wonder if there is another class in the game on both sides that managed to kill more Republic senators.

Dude, killing senators has become my favorite part of this game. I remember killing 2, maybe 3 of them so far though. Could you remind me of the others? (I remember the one Wraith straps to a bunch of bombs, and obviously this guy at lvl ~45

• 1 month later...

I ended up saving Jaxo and just told the truth after. This mission sucks, but realistically I think it's probably one of the better missions if people feel so deeply about their decisions one way or the other. This is what the story lines in the game need to continue doing.

I saved prisoners and let her die. Her begging to save her is just exactly what made me lose any respect to her and kill her off. And I used to be like you all here, liking her, wishing she was a companion option (lesbian too preferably) etc.

If they planning to add her back later on as a companion, oh well suppose they'll have to come up with some bs excuse how she managed to get away in the last moment and how she "forgives" me.

Honestly though, I don't take all this seriously anymore, story had a huge potential but in the end it's ruined by the fact that no matter what you do, it's gonna end same way.

What I mean is, I keep telling Kira Carsen how useless she is, what a liability she is, that she can't do anything right, that she keeps failing, I asked her master to take her off my hands with her present, I took almost all negative options during her personal history revealing moment and all she does is loses -1 -30 affection with me and stays in team, still talking normally to me and repeating how she's gonna prove her loyalty. Come on, now let's imagine a real person and tell her/him "you're useless, I'm gonna ask your master to take you off my hands, you can't do anything right, I don't trust you either", that's some irreparable damage there, this person won't ever forgive you, EVER, she/he will always be mad at you, will always dislike you even if you say sorry later on, they'll still remember it. Kira? No. Give her a damn "gift" and she's all "affection+90" "so you still like me despite anything"... What a crap, they could've made a fantastic player choice of making her join dark side and having a player to kill her off/redeem at the end of story, but it all ends same for everyone...

So same's with jaxo or whoever else...

Edited by VincentWolf

It should have a repercussion either way in the future storyline.

1. If you left Jaxo for dead, she should miraculously survive. But the entire story is altered in which she tries to assassinate or kill you. In the end you somehow talk her out of it, and she becomes your companion.

2. If you saved Jaxo, she should join up with Havoc Squad down the road, but the families of all those soldiers or something should totally be out for revenge, expanding the plot and ultimately, more Dark side choices in killing off family members to stop them from trying to assassinate you.

Either way, I'd like to see Jaxo survive and be a part of the future storyline for sure.

• 5 years later...

Ugh, this is the most difficult decision I've had to make and I've played all other classes except haven't finished smuggler story.... If u got to get with Jaxo again that would be a benefit.... Every time I go to save her, I pause as I think of the 300 soldiers,.... is she even worth it? But Im also doing mostly DS choices.... and pissing off Garza if IF I told her the truth would be rewarding... Goddddd thks bioware. And I agree, there is some stuff done with witnesses left over that are really illegal lmao...

Ugh, this is the most difficult decision I've had to make and I've played all other classes except haven't finished smuggler story.... If u got to get with Jaxo again that would be a benefit.... Every time I go to save her, I pause as I think of the 300 soldiers,.... is she even worth it? But Im also doing mostly DS choices.... and pissing off Garza if IF I told her the truth would be rewarding... Goddddd thks bioware. And I agree, there is some stuff done with witnesses left over that are really illegal lmao...

I'd just observe that your *orders* are to save the 300 people. Saving (or not) Jaxo isn't mentioned.

Wow, how about that five-year bump, huh? At this point you could just start a new thread.

On topic, though, my Trooper liked Jaxo, sure, but he wasn't going to kill three hundred people just to save her. If the game were to somehow find the time to have her show up again (and having her survive getting spaced would just be cheap), at best I'd expect she'd be more angry at you for letting everyone else die just for her sake than anything.