Ravage and You

Bird_of_Thunder

Ive never had Ravage interuppted before, most people i guess dont expect it to be. I am rank 46 Valor. Now my opponents will run away or knock me back, having ravage uninteruptable wont change that. Making my opponents immovable while doing it, now thats the money maker.

I wish there was a Talent that boosted the ravages damage somewhere for mauraders.

See: GORE der der!!

Yes we need to be able to move while channeling this ability for pvp. It's impossible to be too effective when a target can just run from you. In Warcraft there is a warrior ability called bladestorm that was channeled but you could move and stay on your target while doing it. This same design would be nice to see for us melee guys in pvp. Three second cast and longer animation just makes it more frustrating then fun to use.

Ravage is fine. Realize it's early burst tendencies and your eye's may be opened to the revelation that if you don't get it off you still get to pair the first two hits with a force scream or smash for burst within the gcd.

Other Soultion:

Don't nub out! Also be aware of when to you use ravage for maximum effectiveness aka not sucking and knowing how/when to get a full 3 second ravage buffed by your relics, gore (if carnage) and followed up by smash or force scream (again depending on specs).

It comes down to not sucking really!!

Edited by Syke

Yeah that bug is absolutely idiotic, and the fact that it hasnt been fixed yet is nothing short of a insult, I am actually scared to use my ravage in pvp simply because it could act as a 3+ second stuff rather then being beneficial.

And while we are on the subject Ravage is not the only buggy skill we have, though it is the worst.

Retaliation, sometimes it can be nearly be impossible to get this skill to go off, char just does the chickenwing manuvere then resets the gcd.

Gore, more or less always goes off, but the animation gets delay ALOT if you somehow manage to click the hotkey twice, which is understandable mid battle tbh.

Force Scream, same as Reta and gore, sometimes it dosnt go off at all, just resets gcd, other times it does like gore and animation takes much longer then it should, Also the GCD after using force scream is to long, breaks flow of combat.

Saber Ward, sometimes its ABSOLUTELY impossible to get to activate, you can click the hotkey until you turn purple, it simply will not activate.. lost count of how many times ive died to this.

Vicious Slash/Execute: for a ability that can only be used below 20% hp it does not do NEARLY enough damage... not to mention it costs 3!! rage, and the only animation that takes longer is ravage, and it has a cooldown, I mean honestly mixed with ataru procs im actually hitting harder then my execute with my massacre, while hitting CONSIDERABLY faster... It just dosnt add up.

before you claim I just lag, I am at a steady 60-70ms troughout the day, it simply is not the case.

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but once the floodgates open they open wide :D

Edited by Munx

Yeah THAT has happened to me...Sigh.

It has only happened like once in PvP and a few times in PvE. I noticed it gets bugged when you you get snared, your opponent moves away, and/or you get knocked back while in animation. A bit annoying, but still rarely happens to me.

It has only happened like once in PvP and a few times in PvE. I noticed it gets bugged when you you get snared, your opponent moves away, and/or you get knocked back while in animation. A bit annoying, but still rarely happens to me.

Well it's happened quite often to me in PvP which is just plain annoying.

With the carnage tree, you can make ravage root people in place and the only real way to get away is to use the 2 minute un-cc ability or to stun/push back the user of ravage. The issue I have with ravage is because it makes you stand still it makes you an easy target for everybody around which means it's use in PvP is defensive and not aggressive; which when I last checked Marauder isn't a defensive class... Edited by nonumbers

I am Carnage and get ravage inerrupted fairly often but otehr times i just chews through people.

When i tried rage, Ravage was more worthless, because even though you couldn't be interrupted, without the root they just walk out of it and you are stuck waving your lightsabers in teh air like a kid with glowsticks at a rave.

As far as ravage goes, I love the skill, but it should be usable while moving, like they did with Slam (warrior cast time talent) in world of warcraft, it made the skill worth using again.

While I'm not saying Ravage is completely useless. IN PVP it will only last as long as you are fighting the regular warzone ******* that stand in one spot, which wont be forever.

And as far as the Ravage bug goes, Charge to Ravage, then just wildly swinging with no damage.

Just move left or right after your force charge, it will keep it from bugging out.

Edited by Ronnie_Cordova

As far as ravage goes, I love the skill, but it should be usable while moving, like they did with Slam (warrior cast time talent) in world of warcraft, it made the skill worth using again.

While I'm not saying Ravage is completely useless. IN PVP it will only last as long as you are fighting the regular warzone ******* that stand in one spot, which wont be forever.

And as far as the Ravage bug goes, Charge to Ravage, then just wildly swinging with no damage.

Just move left or right after your force charge, it will keep it from bugging out.

I find Ravage fine unless it bugs out and you can't move for the duration - fix that and its a decent ability.

The problem with talenting it to work whilst moving it would have to come penalised :

Ravage Talent : Ravage is now useable whilst moving but the damage is decreased by 40/20% (1/2 points)

I haven't had a problem with the ability. It does the animation at the exact moment the swings make contact the damage is displayed. I like this. Yeah so what the monsters or people you use it on are moving. Use the talent in carnage Overwhelm. If your only complaining about something that doesn't work in PvP maybe it shouldn't be for PvP. Just don't use the skill. It is fine for me in PvE. So therefore it is not broken.

Whats going on in here.

Ravage is useless unless rage if you're fighting someone with a brain and an interrupt.

Simplest solution there is that carnage mara's in pvp are late comers to a fight, if you initiate, you're gonna get focused fired, and if you use ravage while being focused, you're wrong. Use ravage on the ball carrier in a fire, as an added pin with force choke, etc. My job in warfronts is to "clean up", let the bursty classes put their focused targets into shock, an you close the distance to seal the deal.

Rage is a good initiator, as you WANT people to cluster around you, but pray some sorc doesnt decide to knock everything away as you start your stomp, lol.

@Munks: it IS lag, just not client based, it's server lag. I'll try to hit abilities that wont take effect until 3-5 seconds later, but higher priority (less logistics required to process) will take effect immediatly. The abilities affected MOST are escapes, such as predation, force camo, undying rage, etc. Ravage bugging out is pretty mucht he same thing, except that when you activate it, client side says it's in effect an follows the rules of it's "cast" by rooting you in place, while the server takes it's time to proccess the ability.

These bugs will get fixed, just takes time, use a differant ability before using ravage (happens most when I charge then go right into a ravage, I dont have issues when I use Gore first)

lol, I was rage for about 6 hours, an then I raged at this happening 90% of the time, lol

I started pvp'ing with an operative their aoe stun is awesome for Smash :) I think with 50 only brackets you'll get a lot less of the pure random and mindless knockbacks.

@Munks: it IS lag, just not client based, it's server lag. I'll try to hit abilities that wont take effect until 3-5 seconds later, but higher priority (less logistics required to process) will take effect immediatly. The abilities affected MOST are escapes, such as predation, force camo, undying rage, etc. Ravage bugging out is pretty mucht he same thing, except that when you activate it, client side says it's in effect an follows the rules of it's "cast" by rooting you in place, while the server takes it's time to proccess the ability.

These bugs will get fixed, just takes time, use a differant ability before using ravage (happens most when I charge then go right into a ravage, I dont have issues when I use Gore first)

I would have assumed it was lag also if this was the case, how ever abilities such as predation/camo/undying does not have problems, they got of without a hitch, massacre no problem, assault / battering assault fine, bloodthirst and frenzy also fine.

Its certain abilities have these problems, as such the problem is not lag, the problem is that:

a) either there is something wrong with the ability animations etc.

or

b) some flaw in certain abilities makes the supposed server lag you mention, a problem.

Either it could and should have been fixed by now, at the very least they should have started fixing certain abilities, its not the case however..

People have been struggling with the ravage bug since mid/early beta..

Ravage is fine, when it doesn't break and do it's 0-damage-full-animation bug. (Seriously, BW, you need to fix this and the bug where you click an ability over and over and have lock-out and can't activate an ability... you know... LIKE INTERRUPT!)

Ravage is about knowing where the person is going to go. The first two hits (50% of the damage) goes off in a second, that's usually faster than someone can get out of melee (if you snared them, which you should ALWAYS start with). Also, most people can't react fast enough to interrupt within the first second. So it's a free rage ability.

The best part is when it's someone who is moving one way and doesn't understand the Ravage mechanics and they take the last hit. That's just like bonus damage to me =).

I am currently level 45, so far I have thoroughly enjoyed the marauder. Damage output is quite high, once you hit 40 that is. I have only lost 2 of my several world encounter pvp fights due to huge level gaps.

If there is anything that I would change about the marauder, skill wise, it would be Deadly Saber and Ravage.

I can get a good Ravage in most of the time but as someone stated earlier if you are fighting anyone with a brain they will walk away or interrupt you or hell even stun you. Ravage does a truck load of damage and most of the good players realize this and stop you from executing this attack. So on Ravage I think they really need to remove the channeling effect from it and allow us to move with our target while we are in "ravage" mode. It would solve many problems, even in pve. There are several boss fights that you have to move around and as we all know if you are moving you are not using ravage.

As for Deadly Saber, i am anni spec if you hadnt figured it out, do not get me wrong I love the skill. Damage is phenomenal, BUT, 15 second cd for 3 stacks. Here is the problem you charge in attack a couple times activate DS and bam you are stunned/immobilized or knocked back and your DS is wasted along with the rage cost. I think Deadly Saber should be a static/passive buff. Make it work the same way your target can only have 3 stacks on, give it a small diminishing return like 3-4 seconds to keep it from being over powered.

From my experience as a marauder these two small tweaks would make a world of difference in both pve and pvp.

My .02 like it or not.

Ravage is fine, when it doesn't break and do it's 0-damage-full-animation bug. (Seriously, BW, you need to fix this and the bug where you click an ability over and over and have lock-out and can't activate an ability... you know... LIKE INTERRUPT!)

This. I PvP a lot with carnage, but over the past week (now that I'm fully champ'd out), it has just been frustrating trying to help friends get their gear. If ravage worked and rooted my target rather than stunning me for 3s, I would say the marauder class in carnage spec is just about working as intended. Honestly, the bug happens to me 4-5 times a match, and it usually costs me my life.

It working and not working, for me, is the difference between 300k dmg per match and 150k due to deaths and missed damage. I've had some matches where I break 300k and it doesn't happen, and I've had some matches where I land it like twice and score very low. Before troll, I am aware dmg done is not the golden standard for warzones, and I do play the objectives. It is just frustrating to bring along a buddy with bad gear and have him stomp your dmg when you're supposed to be "helping" him farm gear because he has an energy mechanic and doesn't suffer from such an important ability being broken.

Ravage root and force scream are why carnage marauders don't suck in pvp imo. When it works, people try futilely to run from the spinning purple death that is me. When it doesn't, :( I've actually had some people /rofl me for stunning myself with ravage, lol. Talk about infuriating :mad: I laughed later though, when I was playing my mercenary.

I'm totally cool with the need for it to cause you to sit still, and I'm okay with it being interruptable. I just want it to work.