Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is anywhere near accurate, it tells me more than anything I have heard from any other source. It is very easy to see where you will likely fall from this.

Thank you.

That looks like a low number of preorders, considering there was 2 million playing the last beta weekend?

A number of people have posted such claims, but no one has substantiated them with screenshots.

Have a friend who preordered last week and entered his code on Friday 9th December and he is in.

Seriously if your going to say your letting people in depending on when they entered their code then that's fine, but when people start to see you going back on your word and just randomly inviting people that is when people can get annoyed.

Entered my code on the 25th July, i'm being paitent but when a friend who entered his code like only 4 days ago gets in?

Sorry that is silly.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

07.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

Now which date are they going by? Please tell me the july. And its kinda lame that they say the 21st when in fact I ordered the collectors edition the first and only day it was available and think i missed one day bc i had to return to gamestop and yell at them for not giving me a code, which no one I know they gave one. Gamestop totally boned a lot of people for this game.

Everyone has that november date so no worries you'll be in soon :p

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch <-- This is not the date you're looking for.

07.25.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order <-- This is the date you're looking for

Look for the pre-order date... the other date is useless.

I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

I understand your frustration. However, you didn't pay a fee you, paid a down-payment. That $5 is part of the purchase price, not a separate charge for early access.

Refunding at this point would be well... pointless.

To all those complaining: Adarath hands you all straws and says, "suck it up"

For those that are still dense: Adarath hands you a quarter and says, "call someone who cares"

For those remaining whiners that still havent gotten the message: Adarath says, "**** and go back to WoW if you cant be patient"

And no Iam not in atm either. Just chill out and give em some time. If you need further assistance please call 1-800-555-WAHH

I called and the number wasn't in service. Ohhhhhh, I get it.

thanks for the illustration, if this is somewhat correct you have calmed my anxius nerves :p

Im looking so much forward to playing this game, and i will soon. I just hope i get in soon, but we'll see.

Don't hate anyone for all of this, It's cool that early game access was extended even if i can't get in on it...

You did NOT pay a pre order fee, its a deposit that will be taken from the total cost of the title when you are billed on or after the 16th.

Beg to differ, there is a separate charge for Pre-order and it has been charged to my card as a pre-order fee. It is not taken from the total cost of the games. It is a separate charge, it has a seperate SKU code. The cost of the game has yet to be charged to the my card.

Everyone seems to have the 11/02 code, between my my brothers, friends and myselfwe have 20 people who all pre-ordered at different time and we all have that same date. 11/02 is the date that you were allowed to pre-load the game I believe, the other date is the one relevent to early access. It makes no sense otherwise.

I think this method of bringing players into an mmo game launch is really good.

It works on a 1st served basis and only lets people on when standards of service can be upheld. Sure there are alot of immature people waiting and they will not understand or will be tainted by their lack of patience.

Think of it this way...remember the wow launch?

Enough said!

I kinda wish this thread was locked so only yellow's can post... This is huge already and no way of seeing if they actually update it or it just full of spam. Ofc the later... but still :rolleyes:

lol the only post thei'll 'update' is the first one. They wont reply with a 'new' post to the thread, so just check the first origional post every few hours/days to see whats up.

I understand your frustration. However, you didn't pay a fee you, paid a down-payment. That $5 is part of the purchase price, not a separate charge for early access.

Refunding at this point would be well... pointless.

No the $5 was an early access charge.