no missions defined for the crew skill 'biochem'

sakshale

I get the same problem with biochem. I started earlier when i got home and did some crafting/gathering between lvling on my alt.

Problem now is, I can't buy new recipes cause for some reason, it tells me I "Need 40" while my Chem is 78 atm.

I just can't progress.

I had this issue with Biochem also, but I went to the trainer because he had a little "+" under the diamond, but no visible recipes to train. I used the dropdown arrow and changed it from "Trainable" to "All" and where is said the "required level xxx" I clicked on it and it trained me those recipes. Here is the weird / bad part. when I went to send one of my companions on a Biochem making spree, all of my recipes from before the patch are GONE! The only recipes I have now are the ones that I trained today after skilling up. Anyone else have this issue of recipes (pre-patch) disappearing after training post-patch recipes?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue in Biotech.

Also, my stat comparison table is messed up when doing an A/B to craft a new implant for example. If a new implant would give +3 critical it will show up in the stat comparison as -3 critical even though it would really be +3 once I equip the implant. Awesome...

Now now no need to QQ to much. This is a fairly minor issue compared to the many issues the recent patch did fix.

This is the nature of coding. To be honest I'm surprised Illum is the only major bug.

Which it is a bug. If anyone wasn't noticing. The bases are supposed to be auto kill zones.

Now now no need to QQ to much. This is a fairly minor issue compared to the many issues the recent patch did fix.

Sad that it was reported when 1.1 was released on the Test server release and missed because of reporting policies.

This "There are no missions defined for the crew skill '[skill]'." message is appearing whenever completing any Crafting Skill item.

I am guessing that this is because when you complete a mission for gathering skills, it checks and refreshes the list. To me, it appears that the Crafting Skills are trying to refresh a mission list for that Crafting Skill, but since the crafting skills do not have missions, it returns this error.

I have 8 characters, 6 of which each are skilled in their own crafting skill. They all get this error every time I complete crafting an item.

Edited by Zebular

This happens still on the live 'The Harbinger' Server with biochem .. I know there's no missions in biochem which is a crafting skill not a gathering or mission skill, but alas I still get the message.

Seems to me the 'knee-jerk' reactions to some bugs, and the lack of sufficient testing of the proposed patch before going live with it are causing these issues (many in-game issues, not just this one). There are some examples where patch notes say an issue has been addressed, but there players who still complain the same issue persists with no change.

RubberKal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have rested XP, how about some rested credits?

I received from Diplomacy a Mission recipe for a mission called "Panathan Spring", that required 240 Biochem to learn. After scribing it, I cannot find any reference to it anywhere and I still get the error "There are no missions defined for the crew skill 'Biochem'.

Definately a BUG somewhere. ... Submitted. (Bug reporting now works on Test.)

I have had this with artifice mainly when trying to Reverse Engineer.

Haven't had a successful RE one since patch 1.1 not wasting any more materials until I know this 'no missions defined' message is not affecting RE chance.

This is going from Green -> Blue on 'x Enhancement 21' and 'x Enhancement 22'

Yeah something is wrong, I REd 60 green implants and learned nothing.

I can't be 100% sure but it dose seem to have a effect of not letting learn new recipes from REing

I'm of this opinions also. I've been REing everything I make on Synthweaving and after patching have not learnt any new recipes. Before patching I was getting new recipes fairly regularly.

Rogue Moon

Synthweaving 211

I received from Diplomacy a Mission recipe for a mission called "Panathan Spring", that required 240 Biochem to learn. After scribing it, I cannot find any reference to it anywhere and I still get the error "There are no missions defined for the crew skill 'Biochem'.

Definately a BUG somewhere. ... Submitted. (Bug reporting now works on Test.)

Sakshale, Panathan Spring is a bioanalysis missions, not a biochem mission. You can see it at TORHead.

I am not denying that you may have some error I am not seeing, but i always took that message to mean that my crew is not out doing Biochem. They are back and being lazy. I R'ed the blue and purple lvl 48 medpack day before yesterday, I R'ed a blue implant yesterday after 1.1.1. I guess I'm confused by what the problem is or I am not experiancing the bug.

Hope it gets fixed for you guys.

I have this problem with all the crafting skills.

EVEN WEIRDER:- Yesterday i dropped Artifice and picked up Biochem. Even as much as 15 minutes after doing this, my Biochem Trainer was only able to teach me Artifice Recipes :confused: Fortunately Logging out/in worked fine. Just thought it was odd.:rolleyes:

I am not denying that you may have some error I am not seeing, but i always took that message to mean that my crew is not out doing Biochem. They are back and being lazy. I R'ed the blue and purple lvl 48 medpack day before yesterday, I R'ed a blue implant yesterday after 1.1.1. I guess I'm confused by what the problem is or I am not experiancing the bug.

Hope it gets fixed for you guys.

Send a companion to craft an item. Once the item is crafted, an error message will be displayed: "There are no missions defined for the crew skill 'Biochem'." Replace Biochem with any other crafting skill you use. This always happens, regardless of whether or not you have any queued items to craft, whether or not you gain a level, whether or not you crit, and so on.