The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Battlemaster Supercommando Worthless.

So, if you check out the chest gear on the battlemaster stuff why do they buff defense rating?

Powertechs don't do defense rating, usually we should have a low maybe 9-12% stat.

Our shields are our bread and butter tbh.

The champion set has better stats than the battlemaster set, at least for tanking.

It should boost shield rating instead of defense rating.

Or even absorption would be better.

(Defense rating is more a jugg tank stat rather than a PT one)

So the bottom line is for pvp tanking champion is better than BM...

The gear also looks like garbage....

( Oh and its not like that on every piece though, some are fine. )

Edited by BendakStarkiller

Defense is an Amazing stat for Powertech tanks. Why do you think it's bad? Chance to fully avoid an attack, or chance to shield an attack then that shielded attack checks your absorb rating.

Both are really good stats for tanking, the higher your combined defense and SR is, the less likely you'll ever be hit by a non shielded attack. Works out wonderfully in my honest opinion.

And the comment about needing to shield for ability procs? There's an internal cool down on those talents, shielding more won't lessen the cool down, you still have to wait for it to proc again no matter how many attacks you just shielded. God, imagine infinite heat venting and Rocket Punches if not CD on it, hehehe.

Edited by Dekai

You dont understand shield tech dps is based very heavily on shield based procs. You vent heat on shield proc, you get a 50% chance to reset cd on rocket punch. Comando set bonus will get you above 80% crit rate on this ability with trinkets/adrenals. Surging flames grants you extra 30% crit damage.

You dont understand shield tech dps is based very heavily on shield based procs. You vent heat on shield proc, you get a 50% chance to reset cd on rocket punch. Comando set bonus will get you above 80% crit rate on this ability with trinkets/adrenals. Surging flames grants you extra 30% crit damage.

Read the post:

And the comment about needing to shield for ability procs? There's an internal cool down on those talents, shielding more won't lessen the cool down, you still have to wait for it to proc again no matter how many attacks you just shielded. God, imagine infinite heat venting and Rocket Punches if not CD on it, hehehe.

Because of the ICD, increase shield chance won't lead to more procs on Flame Shield and Shield Vent.

Edited by Trungalung

True but there is an optimal value where statisticaly procs would happen perfectly, base value with supercomando set on an usual ST build is sub optimal. Maybe with points in to empowered tech is close to optimal but puting points there will gimp deep ST vs any fotm spec for wz. Reduction of quell cd basicaly means you eat one less changeled/casted ability vs grav/tracer noob. Thats 2 points that would give you 4% shield rate. Not even worth considering a difference bewen eating 1,5k+ hit in the face that might be reduced by 20-25% and not eating it at all. 2 pts in iron fist result in 8% damage increase on rocket punch that has 65%+ crit chance vs 4% shield rate. Almost every ability that could be sacrificed to get that shield chance is giving more migration/dps per point that this 2% shield can get you.

Rocket punch proc is on 4.5s internal cd. with 50% proc chance.

Venting heat is on 6s cd.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

ICD doesn't matter.

If I had more shield rate, proc or not.

I could take a point away from that top tree ST talent ( If your a PT you should know what im talking about, ) and put it somewhere else.

And dont get me wrong its not all the BM stuff, opening topic was to just grab attention but its the main BM stuff ( chest, legs helm) yadda yadda that have some worthless stats on it.

Pretty much from a quick glance if I can remember correctly for tanks only the helm. bracers. boots and maybe one or two other things are worth it.

Since you dont need the full set anyways....

They really should just make it so we could change the base mod on the pvp gear because then I would just mod it and then problem solved.

Full customization of gear or no customization of gear tbh.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

yep i did it with my lvl 40 pvp gear. Riped some of those enchancments an pluged in shield rating ones. Difference was HUGE in both dps and staying power. Wont be supprised if we will see power techs runing in a mixed pvp/pve gear. Edited by Rabbitofdoom