Fearless - 50 Champion Pyrotech PvP Video

Xpar

Hey all. This is my 2nd video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmSTIl4lG8Y

My first video can be seen at:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101697

I called it Fearless cause that's my style, I engage my opponents at any odds stacked against me, then truly I can see what feats my little pyrotech can accomplish. ;)

Few things have changed since the first video. Now a 4/6/31 spec instead of 2/8/31 and I added quite few more pieces of champion gear (Eliminator set).

Every single clip is from solo queue. I realized that I couldn't get any good footage from my premades since we just roll everyone so I started solo queuing to make things more interesting.

Cheers,

Spar

Edited by Xpar

Coming from someone who has seen countless PvP videos and had a few years of very serious/hardcore experience in various MMO's, I have a couple comments to make in regards to this one.

First and foremost, I like to see a decent powertech PvP video, seeing as this advanced class is not seen as the "premier" PvP flavor the month.

However, in saying that, I have noticed, that as a player, you boast your video on every board on these forums that it somehow applies to, and procede to have the cocky attitude to go along with it.

Being someone who takes pride in the various things I'm better than average in, I can see where you're coming from. However, bragging/boasting as such will earn you no respect from the playerbase (which you think is important enough to share your video with).

In regards to this video itself;

1. We all know Biochem is the flavor of the month. Min/Max'ing is acceptable by all means, but it's no achievement or even competitive to go against someone who doesn't have this upperhand in its' current state. Far too much of an advantage.

2. Secondly, half of these players either had no gear, and brought you to 20% or below, or had some comparable gear and were key-turning, s-key bads who didn't even have the competency to circle strafe or close in when their particular class had the dps advantage in doing so.

3. Most of the time you won against an opponent with over 75% health, was in the situation you had TG/IM/RS already kicked out, and were closing in for the Rocket Punch before you were even tabbed by the player. Good deal you got the jump on them, bad deal to display your 1v1 skill/capability against opponents.

4. Final point, and the one that irks me the most, is that you had NO contribution to the warzone itself. Never passed the ball. Never caught the ball. Never killed the carrier. "Spawn Camped" to a lesser degree. Were in the worst position to progress the win itself.

I can understand wanting to farm medals and such, but really? There's no right in boasting on your supposed 500k "achievement" if you sit back and play tiddley-winks with the baddies who are stragglers and spam DFA every CD instead of focusing down targets one by one (that are actually contributing to the win) in the most efficient manner.

All in all, you have a lot of potential, but a long way to go in terms of skill and maximizing the most out of the class, as we all do at this point in the game.

Keep up the PvP'ing, and keep running the fraps. Although, I'd much prefer to see how you play/contribute in the premade roll instead of the solo queue (because that is what is going to matter once BioWare implements competitive team PvP anyways).

Coming from someone who has seen countless PvP videos and had a few years of very serious/hardcore experience in various MMO's, I have a couple comments to make in regards to this one.

it was cool to watch.

TL;DR version

Edited by ReFlexionn

First and foremost, I like to see a decent powertech PvP video, seeing as this advanced class is not seen as the "premier" PvP flavor the month.

Lol. Like I can control what gear my opponents have. Most of the fights I am out numbered and don't have the jump on them. So I don't see where the comment of me getting the jump on people comes from.

And yes, pyrotech without shield gen and ion gas is squishy even with 10% expertise, I mitigate it with biochem and kolto whenever I can.

Also... you're suggesting that someone that does 500k dmg for your team doesn't contribute to the match. I think otherwise, in any objective based game whether Civil War, Huttball or Voidstar, being able to kill the other team's numbers contributes significantly to winning.

Edited by Xpar

Sure it's contributing. But it's not to your full potential. Perfect example, early on there are a bunch of enemy's running with the ball carrier, and you're stopped right in front of a raging furnace. Instead of grappling the ball carrier and stunning him in the fire, you grabbed the lowest level player and slaughtered them while the ball carrier scored.

It wasn't a bad video, but there are definitely choices you could have made that could have contributed more to the match than your 500k damage.

Edited by AdakiasX

any chance of posting your talent tree blueprint ?

do you play suicidal as in fearless ? coz thats how i play as lvl 35 adv pro, and ive been wondering is pyro really that more spoofy to give it a go.

Edited by Krondorf

Perfect example, early on there are a bunch of enemy's running with the ball carrier, and you're stopped right in front of a raging furnace. Instead of grappling the ball carrier and stunning him in the fire, you grabbed the lowest level player and slaughtered them while the ball carrier scored.

I stopped watching right here.

Nice build, I never considered going up to Prototype cylinders. I'd recommend Taking the 2 out of combust and putting them into Gyro alignment jets, especially since there are no diminishing returns in this game right now. Real nice for kiting melee. Just a personal choice.

This.

Also, this video is just not entertaining at all.

I honestly find pyrotech's to be hilarious. Hybrid powertech's are FAR more valuable to a team.

Pure pyrotech's can be devasting burst, only a few classes such as a Scoundrel/Operative every stealth pop, and Sniper/Gunslinger with the proper preparation. Neither of these classes can have even a single enemy on them in order to do such.

Pyrotech/Vanguard can however burst, even under some pressure, and on quite a short cooldown with little to no positioning required.

The reason personally why I requested for team play. To see how quick targets could be burned and how much the class could sustain with the proper composition.