The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To all whiner: EA/Bioware statement.

voidheart

Ok guys everyone should stop whining about EGA. Today you will get an invite but if you dont just STOP.

Read what they said.

“We are targeting Star Wars: The Old Republic to be one of the biggest launches of holiday 2011,” said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager and Co-Founder, BioWare and Senior Vice President, Electronic Arts. “Our teams at BioWare and EA, along with our partners at LucasArts, are laser-focused on creating a high quality game, but just as importantly, they are resolute in delivering a high quality service. We are taking all of the necessary steps to make sure The Old Republic has a thriving community built on a stable online foundation from day one, including limiting supply at launch to ensure that players easily transition into the servers. So whether you’re waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!”

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110721005554/en/EA-Unveils-Special-Editions-Star-Wars-Republic

They just want to do things right and you cant blame them for that. Imagine that if they let into the game all of us u would whine about how crappy the servers "OMG 1 WEEK QUE" etc.

I've noticed one common denominator among the whiners, most of them have a forum join date of november 2011. They probably spent years hating on SW:TOR, then got in on the open beta and preordered, and are now crying how its unfair! The irony.

PS: I'm not in myself either, and it doesn't bother me at all.

I've noticed one common denominator among the whiners, most of them have a forum join date of november 2011. They probably spent years hating on SW:TOR, then got in on the open beta and preordered, and are now crying how its unfair! The irony.

This.... I could believe.

Some of us already have a 'one week que', so maybe that isn't the best example. :D

I'm personally miffed, that my days off this week, by chance, aligned with two early access days that I won't be able to play on, but that isn't Bioware's fault. **** happens.

Oh please enough of the "My forrum date is older than yours so that makes me more 1337 and gives me a larger epeen"

Frankly, it doesn't mean sh*t

I've been following the game since it was announced a long time ago, and my join date is Jul 2011....I'm not in....and I'm patiently waiting without whining....if anything this gives me time to make a decision on what my first character will be!

I agree, I got called a fanbois via PM by some ****** lol for thinking this way. I guess i just read more into the game then he. People really need to read into things before they invest.

Seriously, you are in the same boat than the people whining about EAG. The only difference is that you keep whining... about whiners. Which doesn't sounds better at all.

Both sides fail hard. As if posting such topics would prevent anything. So let it be and don't participate to this demonstration of childishness.

Edited by EmmanuelFR

So whether you’re waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!”

I did and i can't.

This isn't launch. That'll be the 20th. You pre-ordered, you'll get in before launch, be happy. When you finally get in you'll realise why it's staggered.

I got in yesterday, pre-ordered day 1. The servers are solid, everything is running great. I'm playing 2 days earlier than I expected to, so have patience.

I gotta agree with you on that to be honest, and im not in either and all though I would love to play the game right now its really not the end of the world having to wait 6 days till the 20th.

lol I think you may be right on that one.