Good Leveling Spec for Juggernaut?

Ceranos

Hey everyone,

I am currently considering leveling a Sith Juggernaut Alt, and seeing as I haven't ever played the SW or JK, I was wondering what spec would be the most efficient while leveling.

My primary focus would of course be soloing, however, since I'm on a PvP server, I want to be able to hold my own against enemy players of a similar level, and a few PvP skills would definitely improve my chances.

I have looked around the forums a bit, and it seems that the general consensus is that I should avoid going Vengeance, but opinions about Immortal and Rage are much more mixed.

Thanks in advance!

I would also like to no, and while I can accept that perhaps you two are jaded to the Juggernaut experience others are trying and would appreciate a sincere answer. Also do these forums not possess a search function? I tried looking for one but did not see it.

I worked towards this hybrid spec pretty much all the way.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::e2fe3f2efefe5f2ef4e2f4e2f3efef22:

I didn't personally experience great difficulty with leveling like some have said. I used Vette, then Jaesa up to probably level 45ish and then switched to Quinn. It did get challenging towards the end though.

The points in immortal helped with with being able to go into "tank mode" for harder fights.

Well so far, at level 16, i'm digging my juggernaut.

General question- a little off topic..

I just looked at the skill points for all classes off a link on this thread. Each classes, mirror class, (ex. Juggernaut-Guardian) has the exact same abilities on their skill trees, their just called different things. I was not expecting this nor do i like it

So my question is- is the abilities from the mirror classes a little different at least? I can't imagine a Trooper Commando doing death from above.

And to me, for something like the difference between a sage and sorcerer, the sorcerer's force lightning should do more damage than the sage's telekinitecs, yet the sage should be a little better healer.

They shouldn't be the same 'exact' class except for different 'special effects', and different names. Somebody please tell me i'm right..!!

Edited by Jrheel

Well so far, at level 16, i'm digging my juggernaut.

General question- a little off topic..

I just looked at the skill points for all classes off a link on this thread. Each classes, mirror class, (ex. Juggernaut-Guardian) has the exact same abilities on their skill trees, their just called different things. I was not expecting this nor do i like it

So my question is- is the abilities from the mirror classes a little different at least? I can't imagine a Trooper Commando doing death from above.

And to me, for something like the difference between a sage and sorcerer, the sorcerer's force lightning should do more damage than the sage's telekinitecs, yet the sage should be a little better healer.

They shouldn't be the same 'exact' class except for different 'special effects', and different names. Somebody please tell me i'm right..!!

They do the same thing, same damage, affected by same stats and buffs etc. What is different though is the animations, name and icon.

My Jugg and Guardian look identical, but have very different animations for the same abilities. Hell they even hold their lightsaber different when running.

Well you could understandly say that. I recognize that it was a lot of work to animate the same ability twice, give the same ability two different names and icons and make it all seem like it belongs to the class. Basically you still have a game with 8 classes and faction-unique version of each.

I would start out with a combination of Rage and Vengeance when you only have a few talent points to spend. However once you get 15+ talent points, you can consider specializing in one tree or the other.

I leveled Vengeance and I loved it, but I did almost all my questing with a couple friends (one was tank, one was healer, I was dps). Veng worked amazing for that. However if you are doing more solo play and don't want to worry as much about getting ganked I would pick Rage. Great for killing weak/strong mobs, better survivability and mobility compared to Vengeance, and works great in PvP.

Well that's pretty ****** if you ask me and dissapointing. I could see if they were close with small differences, but the exact same stats and abilities with different animations and names is gay and lacks thought and work from bioware, after all the thought and work they put into this game.

So the trooper commando does a different ability, with the exact same stats as death from above-let me guess- mortar volley? And their huge gun does the same damage as the bounty hunter's two guns? Gay

There would be a hell of alot more complaining if they were different. Whether it was true or not, one side would be accused of having the more OP classes. (WoW had faction specific classes during vanilla and it was NOT pretty.)

The reason they are mirrored classes is because Bioware DID think it through, and picked the most reasonable route. Less frustration for them AND for us.

The best is reroll to Operative or Powertech.

Well, I have heard that the SW's story is a bit better than the IA's and the BH's, so I'll stick to my choice. After all, it will be an alt, not a main.

I would start out with a combination of Rage and Vengeance when you only have a few talent points to spend. However once you get 15+ talent points, you can consider specializing in one tree or the other.

However if you are doing more solo play and don't want to worry as much about getting ganked I would pick Rage. Great for killing weak/strong mobs, better survivability and mobility compared to Vengeance, and works great in PvP.

Yeah, questing as a three man group of all roles is really nice, I did it with my main and two guildies. Three troopers, one tank, one dps and a healer(me). Was fun!

I guess I will give Rage a try, maybe a hybrid like Vandred below suggested.

I worked towards this hybrid spec pretty much all the way.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/juggernaut/#::e2fe3f2efefe5f2ef4e2f4e2f3efef22:

I didn't personally experience great difficulty with leveling like some have said. I used Vette, then Jaesa up to probably level 45ish and then switched to Quinn. It did get challenging towards the end though.

The points in immortal helped with with being able to go into "tank mode" for harder fights.

Thanks! Did you go for the points in Immortal before, after or in between filling out Rage? I've heard that the early 30's are tough for SWs, so Immortal should go first or?

• 1 month later...
Well that's pretty ****** if you ask me and dissapointing. I could see if they were close with small differences, but the exact same stats and abilities with different animations and names is gay and lacks thought and work from bioware, after all the thought and work they put into this game.

So the trooper commando does a different ability, with the exact same stats as death from above-let me guess- mortar volley? And their huge gun does the same damage as the bounty hunter's two guns? Gay

Hi, I'm Balance, we've apparently never met.