High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like you are the reason I wish it was possible to throw a punch through the internet.

I am just confused as to how that is a valid example. Taking one screenshot with all graphics off/lowest setting and then taking the exact same screenshot with everything maxed means nothing.

Bring me something worthy of discussion please ^^

I am just confused as to how that is a valid example. Taking one screenshot with all graphics off/lowest setting and then taking the exact same screenshot with everything maxed means nothing.

Hahahaha seriously dude, the whole point is that the settings aren't changed, one screen is in conversation, and the other is in-game.

OMG are you realy THAT clueless.

ALL these screenshots are taken on MAX settings :confused:

Thats it, im done with the troll.

Hahahaha seriously dude, the whole point is that the settings aren't changed, one screen is in conversation, and the other is in-game.

And you obviously have no clue what you are talking about ^^

It's pretty funny that you all jumped on these side by side comparison pictures. I guess it's easy when someone else swears on their life that they know what they are talking about and provide a very convincing illusion.

Edited by Aisar

haha legend about shadows... easy:

When AA is not working every shadow in this world looks like ****. and to be honest, the shadows are awesome but they just look like steps because of no AA at all :) fix soon. thats a promise.

You can force AA on with your gpu's control panel you know - I'm using 8X and the game looks tremendously better without a noticeable fps drop on my system. But it doesn't magically fix the shadows - the way AA algorithm works would have no effect on this sort of thing.

It's pretty funny that you all jumped on these side by side comparison pictures. I guess it's easy when someone else swears on their life that they know what they are talking about and provide a very convincing illusion.

Make your own comparison, why don't you. It's not hard.

Make your own comparison, why don't you. It's not hard.

Please do brah, we've been asking for this for a while now. Show us what that mighty 5700 can do.:D

Have a pic for low, a pic for medium a pic for high and a pic in a conversation/holo

Wow so people really are that...... no no no... He has GOT to be just trolling you guys, there is no way anyone could be that dumb.

Jesus Christ, stop responding to this guy already.

Yeah, I finally figured out where the ignore function is. I don't think I could handle much more of his stupidity without taking a risk of losing a significant amount of brain cells myself.

Im still trying to figure out how people DIDNT notice that the High res textures were missing from the game.

Did the not notice something was wrong when switching from medium to HIGH in settings and NOTHING HAPPENS???

I think alot of the players came from WoW, so they think anything made in the last 5 years is "high res".

Im still trying to figure out how people DIDNT notice that the High res textures were missing from the game.

Did the not notice something was wrong when switching from medium to HIGH in settings and NOTHING HAPPENS???

They probably did as they have a call in a file that modifies textures to half their size. Thats the point. They are cutting the size of the textures in game because they rather have muddy textures than whatever is happening if we are allowed to run the game with textures at max. Be that client performance degradation, client instability or the whole computer going bonkers.

I think alot of the players came from WoW, so they think anything made in the last 5 years is "high res".

No kidding.

Try playing this game on a 60 inch in HD, you can seriously see how bad the textures are right now. Muddy and blurry, pixels everywhere.

If the rest of the game improved and not just character models that would be one thing. Yeah I see a slight improvement when I hit my holoterminal with all graphics maxed/turned on.

Ok..so if they turn on high res textures my toon will look a little better all the time while everything else is the same.

This is the heated doomsday argument? Slightly better character textures? Wow..

If the rest of the game improved and not just character models that would be one thing. Yeah I see a slight improvement when I hit my holoterminal with all graphics maxed/turned on.

Ok..so if they turn on high res textures my toon will look a little better all the time while everything else is the same.

This is the heated doomsday argument? Slightly better character textures? Wow..

He would look twice as good, so will everyone else in the game. Be them NPCs or actual players. Its a fair amount of characters that get involved.

e- They do have people that work trough the weekend making sure the servers dont blow up, making sure the forums dont descend into utter chaos. The thing is that none of them can make a statement in regards to this. We wont be getting a statement first thing tomorrow either. The community guys first have to go to the devs/marketing whatever and ask them "Hey they are getting pretty restless with this issue. What can I tell them?" And the devs will tell them exactly what to say to us.

Edited by Caonimah

THey dont work weekends.

Seriously, other then launch weekend have you ever seen them post on the forums on a weekend?

Reid doesn't post on the forums unless forced, he hangs out on Twitter all day and expects the community to come to him. And he last posted yesterday, Saturday, part of the weekend. But he locks his account when he goes away so tweets to him don't show. Real professional.

Edit: Sorry, last time he posted was two days ago, Friday.

Edited by Zorvan