The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and AA in game, while we're at it.

Patch 1.1, the same patch that removes med texture setting with only high and low. With high being the old medium. Hence why were all here QQ'in lol

And AA had so many easy work a rounds so that was never a big deal.

There is absolutely no work around for high textures, nothing works, no mods no ini tweaks, nothing.

We probably won't get a reply on thread till monday.

Edited by WarheartZero

If the OP is still being updated with new evidence, I humbly submit this:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/UnruheEndlos/The%20Old%20Republic/TORTextureComparison.jpg

Man, I really hate how this game looks. I wish all the press and the official screencaps were required to show this garbage resolution instead of a fake, crisp set of textures that we don't actually have, weeks into "Live" status of the game.

Bottom Line: player characters looks like ***** compared to what they looked like in the beta--at least prior to weekend build. Moreover, the lack of communication from Bioware regarding various "known issues" (which they won't even acknowledge) is disgusting. I haven't seen such contempt for clients on this level since SOE added holocrons and they lost Raph. Haven't heard anything about 75% of the titles being missing either have we?

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/UnruheEndlos/The%20Old%20Republic/TORTextureComparison.jpg

Man, I really hate how this game looks. I wish all the press and the official screencaps were required to show this garbage resolution instead of a fake, crisp set of textures that we don't actually have, weeks into "Live" status of the game.

Added :)

Nice.

You'll get another moron that knows nothing saying it's the lightning lol. I've seen like 3 post like that.

You can also see the high rez when you ctl+click to preview gear but view it on companion.

Edited by WarheartZero

Nice.

You'll get another moron that knows nothing saying it's the lightning lol. I've seen like 3 post like that.

You can also see the high rez when you ctl+click to preview gear but view it on companion.

I want high res! BUMP!

Bioware already acknowledged they are working on a fix for this as well as the green lazer-light show glitch going on. They posted on another thread about 5 or so days ago.

It's not going to make much of a difference to keep asking for a response. They'll get it done when they get it done. I can understand being mad paying for a game that doesn't even have high-res textures working, but we can only be patient.

Bioware already acknowledged they are working on a fix for this as well as the green lazer-light show glitch going on. They posted on another thread about 5 or so days ago.

It's not going to make much of a difference to keep asking for a response. They'll get it done when they get it done. I can understand being mad paying for a game that doesn't even have high-res textures working, but we can only be patient.

We still deserve an explanation as to why the medium setting is deleted in the PTS and the old medium is the new "high" setting.

Ha, do you think we're really going to get an answer with this? As much as I hate to say it, BW has terrible customer service and NEVER answers on these forums unless its to lock a thread. If BW wants to have many subs, they damn well better get on the ball and get more involved in these forums.

Until i read this thread i was under the impression that the game started working perfectly after the last patch.Now - the illusion is broken :( now i guess i also want high-res textures :( I wish the tuesday patch will bring something of that kind :)

This is a fine example.

Bioware your quality work is better than this, fix it.

Best comparison pic yet. That's just how my Jedi Sage looks in game vs conversation. There are neat details on the robe that just turn into an appalling pixellated mess.

I see a lot of the same people who when others complain about their class not functioning properly are telling people to suck it up or go back to WoW, who are now demanding high-rez textures.

Hilarious.

It's true, some people have a high tolerance for balance issues, and low tolerance for technical ones. I'm one of them. It just depends on what you play the game for - if you do pvp then balancing issues become uber-important. If you just want to wander around in a neat Star Wars universe then the way things look become more important that whether one class is more OP than the next.

I dont have a picture of it in high res but I can give an example of how horrible the low res version is, which i have to view all the time.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/screenshot2012010322113.jpg/

This is the imperial dancers outfit.

That junk on her leg? thats suppose to be textures leggings, but looks like PAINT or something got smeared on her leg. And look at the strap on her hip, its such a pixelated mess.

Looks gorgeous in high res textures during cutscenes, horrible everywhere else.

3- This was expected to be fixed in the PTS. However, at this moment the issue hasn't been fixed for 1.1. What is more, they deleted the "Medium" quality option, and now there are only two options. Low and High. And yes, you are right: High is just the new Medium, as you can see in this screenshot:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9238/swtor3.png

More info on this, by MaxWham:

They definitely did not remove the medium option for texture. At least for me, its still there.

I'm inclined to say that if this issue isn't fixed by the patch, or in the very LEAST we aren't given an explanation, this should be brought to an MMO news site, or some place like Kotaku. It might not seem like something to report on on the surface, but when you take into account a few basic factors such as false advertising, obvious and numerous accounts of the issue, lack of communication and what seems to be the worse offense of all, the apparent sweeping under the rug maneuver of removing the medium graphics option and replacing it with the so called "High" option. I think that everyone concerned with this issue has a right to be at least a little outraged.

That being said, I'm sure Bioware has some policy that is preventing them from doing what most of us think should be natural, ie: posting here in this thread. What seems like blatant ignorance to us may just be standard operating procedure for them. For example, they may be under a restriction not to talk about a bug at length unless they have a definitive answer to give us. But surely Bioware PR must understand the impact this is having on their image.

It has been made clear by previous posts in other forums that the devs, or at leas the community reps are aware of this thread. They may even be working on one of those "Community News" things that show up at the top of the main forums.

Someone made a comment about TRION (RIFT) and how one of the best things they do is talk to the community, frequently. This serves to mitigate a HUGE amount of misunderstanding and frustration by the customer because, even if the issue isn't fixed, the customer can at least count on a speedy reply about what is going on. I personally think that this is paramount for an MMO company, and while it appears that Bioware is trying to do this through certain means, it seems as though their current approach is leaving much frustration, and much to be desired.

They definitely did not remove the medium option for texture. At least for me, its still there.

Are you talking about live or test because it was definitely gone for me on test earlier. I even took a comparison screenshot of a level 1 character I made on high setting on test and medium setting on live and they looked identical.

I'm sure everyone has seen this already, just wanted to put it in your face again.

From the Dev Tracker by Stephen Reid:

Originally Posted by Spankyjnco

2. Is there a plan to fix the graphic settings? Right now there is no real difference between medium/high graphics and it's apparent that we are all stuck with the medium textures. What's the reasoning for this, and do you guys have a fix planned?

It's a bug, and we are working on rolling out a fix.

And the fix: http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9238/swtor3.png

In your face subscribers!

Edited by daMarek