The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

A good worker will do his job in 5 years, and then will relax and profit. The bad one will have a lot to answer and responsible for... Even after 1000+ years:mad:

MMO is a progressive thing no game is perfect at launch and especially so with MMOs. Bioware doesn't have to comment on anything and most MMO developers don't. The game is stable, its not broken. High Res can be commented on a Monday not at night on a Saturday.

I am salaried(which most of the developers are in Bioware) and I would be damned to come in on a Saturday. I get the same pay for working 5 days, 40 hours a week and if I come in on a Saturday I still get the same pay. Why the hell would I come in on Saturday unless it is an emergency? Thats right I wouldn't.

This is not an emergency, the game still runs and nothing is going on over the weekend other than keeping the servers running. Wait until a weekday to see if they will comment on it, then continue your protest.

We're not saying "fix it naowwww!!!" we just want an official response. Is that too much to ask? :(

Bioware has said that they only go on forums on their down time and they choose to do so. No one forces them to do it. Devs don't really comment on these forums, Stephen Reid does which if he doesn't have the answers he can't comment.

Edited by Phoenixblight

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, after all there is a very bad feeling about all of this=(... Cos' Bioware is one of the greatest RPG makers out here! I've been with them since Baldurs Gate, enjoying each and every of their games... But with years the quality of their products begun to deteriorate and thats really sad... And now we must rattle here constanly without any answer... Like wise ones say with great power(money) comes great responsibility. So I hope, God will grant Bioware with this precious thing!:):):) Edited by MaxWham

MMO is a progressive thing no game is perfect at launch and especially so with MMOs. Bioware doesn't have to comment on anything and most MMO developers don't. The game is stable, its not broken. High Res can be commented on a Monday not at night on a Saturday.

I am salaried(which most of the developers are in Bioware) and I would be damned to come in on a Saturday. I get the same pay for working 5 days, 40 hours a week and if I come in on a Saturday I still get the same pay. Why the hell would I come in on Saturday unless it is an emergency? Thats right I wouldn't.

This is not an emergency, the game still runs and nothing is going on over the weekend other than keeping the servers running. Wait until a weekday to see if they will comment on it, then continue your protest.

Bioware has said that they only go on forums on their down time and they choose to do so. No one forces them to do it. Devs don't really comment on these forums, Stephen Reid does which if he doesn't have the answers he can't comment.

but the game looks like crap.

I just question Bioware's priorities when they do things like this.

For two long years, the TOR hype train spat out hundreds of screenshots and videos of the game running with AA and high-resolution setting.

Then they rush the game out before Christmas without either of those features.

You can go out right this moment and pick up a boxed copy of the game with screenshots using high-res textures on the back of the box.

For two long years, the TOR hype train spat out hundreds of screenshots and videos of the game running with AA and high-resolution setting.

You can go out right this moment and pick up a boxed copy of the game with screenshots using high-res textures on the back of the box.

Isn't it illigal to market something that is not available in the game itself. Like in this case, marketing high end textures, and AA, without it actually being in the game.

Opinion =/= Fact. I disagree it looks fantastic, though some armor and such obviously need to be redone, texture wise. Its not game breaking.

Except in this case, such an opinion IS fact. The game's textures look AWFUL.

Let's compare.

This is an armor set from thegame.

http://hzero.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/sw.jpg

That's from Star Wars: The old republic. Released December 2011.

This here, is from a game called tribes 2, Released march 2001.

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/full-games-demos/943198482d1263675371-free-game-tribes-2-tribes2-screenshot2-article_image.jpg

Which looks better? .. Well, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought that screenshot from TOR was from tribes 2.

It's not Bioware, who rushed it, I'm absolutely sure that EA is the one responsible fr this mess!

But some of us rpgeers still remember how Jowood killed Gothic 3(rushed, criticised, patched and dead at the end)...

Edited by MaxWham

I don't get why people don't just edit their ini file to set the graphics to 0 yes 0. It is backwards. Most times you do 0 = low 1 = medium 2 = high. Well for the ini edit you want to do it as 0 instead. Make file read only and blamo you get hi res graphics all the time. My game looks great.

Isn't it illigal to market something that is not available in the game itself. Like in this case, marketing high end textures, and AA, without it actually being in the game.

I don't know about illegal, but it's definitely a form of false/deceptive advertising.

I don't get why people don't just edit their ini file to set the graphics to 0 yes 0. It is backwards. Most times you do 0 = low 1 = medium 2 = high. Well for the ini edit you want to do it as 0 instead. Make file read only and blamo you get hi res graphics all the time. My game looks great.

This is incorrect information. There are two values for that INI setting = 1 for low-res textures, 0 for medium-res. There is no way to get high-res textures.

Lol.

Everyone has done this, its the same.

Tried like 4 days ago, so you fail, Troll...

You know what really sucks? Their internal builds obviously have the high res textures ... go look at the media screenshots area ... they're all the high res textures.

That's what makes me mad. They advertise and sell the game using their internal builds that have the high rez textures enabled. It's false advertising.

Well my textures sure as heck look better then the ones listed in the medium screenshots all the time. Just like forcing 4x AA in the ini file change as well. Now shadows do not seem to get AA applied to them which is probably why they removed AA from the options.

EDIT:

I guess I should say I can see textures downgrade at times. When I try on new pieces of gear say a new helmet. In that dressing room if I switch between the new helm and my old I can see textures get lower and higher. Usually my gloves and sometimes legs. But it goes from Hi to low.

Edited by Killerdecoy

Well my textures sure as heck look better then the ones listed in the medium screenshots all the time. Just like forcing 4x AA in the ini file change as well. Now shadows do not seem to get AA applied to them which is probably why they removed AA from the options.

Post yours then

I don't understand why people think they are right even thoguh people are posting screenshots and explaining that tey cna get highrez textures.