High resolution textures: can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Jesus, any DX9 card can run this game "at full" - just with crap fps. The instruction set doesn't magically change, that's the whole point of having a dx-like standard. I have a 6950 myself, it's more than capable of running this game with everything turned up.

Then why would you support a dishonest, biased screenshot meant to cause unrest when you know it does not look anything like that?

I am confused by you, maybe you are not sure either?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another example.

Bioware, fix this ASAP!

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

Cheers.

How exactly do you "turn on" the High Res stuff to capture the pics before and after? I have the game set to "high" but I see these muddy textures more often than I like. The stuff in cutscenes usually looks great.

Just curious how you get the two picks. Do you set the game to low, run the cut scene, then set it to high and run it again?

It's easy to spot the low res textures when I'm walking around the station, that slave girl costume ended up being on a companion standing beside me at the GTN, zoomed in and moved camera to get a closer look, definitely blurry low res textures when I have the game set to high.

How exactly do you "turn on" the High Res stuff to capture the pics before and after? I have the game set to "high" but I see these muddy textures more often than I like. The stuff in cutscenes usually looks great.

Just curious how you get the two picks. Do you set the game to low, run the cut scene, then set it to high and run it again?

It's easy to spot the low res textures when I'm walking around the station, that slave girl costume ended up being on a companion standing beside me at the GTN, zoomed in and moved camera to get a closer look, definitely blurry low res textures when I have the game set to high.

You don't. Those are cutscene textures. Whatever you are getting with everything maxed is what you get.

You don't. Those are cutscene textures. Whatever you are getting with everything maxed is what you get.

Why are some people getting better textures than I am on high? There is a huge difference in the low res slave costume and the high res one. I have the texture settings on high but I don't get the high res....why?

Why are some people getting better textures than I am on high? There is a huge difference in the low res slave costume and the high res one. I have the texture settings on high but I don't get the high res....why?

What are your system specs?

preview armors on your companions instead of yourself or attempt to click your holo communicator at the ship when you have no mission for it(the latter will display high textures for a split second).

Ah ok, that is what I was looking for. I wondered why the armor preview for me looked so blurry compared to the companion.

For a quick instant check you can use the holo-terminal in the ship, it briefly shows you the 'conversation textures'. As for what Aistair is talking about, I'm not sure, he puzzles me.

http://i.imgur.com/fu8kG.jpg

The rest of us all have the washed out pixellated textures when outside of a conversation. And people who claim their game looks great never post screens.

Max your settings. Now go to the holoterminal in your ship. When it activates, for the few seconds before it deactivates, it raises the settings to the real "high" setting textures.

Edited by Zorvan

You could buy a 10,000 dollar machine and you would not get cutscene textures. Medium Setting is a good as it gets and as long as you have a system that can handle it the game looks great.

cutscene graphics will never be available outside cutscenes.

Damn, this topic exploded since my last post in it like a day ago:D

And it's a good thing too, these textures would be appreciated by a huge number of people.

The game looks very good visually but this would make it just great.

Here is another example.

Bioware, fix this ASAP!

http://imgur.com/3JUxV

Cheers.

-----------------------

They are MEDIUM textures but game option in game tell you that they are HIGH (lies) but as you can see they are not. You can see HIGH texture if you click on holo in your ship and it only last 0.5 sec. LOL

Be quick with your printscreen to capture a glimpse of HIGH resolution texture that you can`t have while you are exploring the world.

Max your settings. Now go to the holoterminal in your ship. When it activates, for the few seconds before it deactivates, it raises the settings to the real "high" setting textures.

The real high textures will be what medium are now. When the PTR change becomes live, this whole "high res textures" debate will be over.

Edited by Aisar

The real high textures will be what medium are now. When the PTR change becomes live, this whole "high res textures" debate will be over.

Holy crap you are 5 posts for every other persons 1. I am all for bumping this thread but camp a little less.

Pretty shameful for a MMO to only have two textures settings. Low and medium. If they are going to push the ptr thing to live without fixing the issue they should call the texture for what they are. Call them medium textures, that way their developers can feel a little pressure in fixing the thing instead of calling it a day.

That is when the REAL debate will begin. We will not stand for such abuse.

Then unsub you silly person. If you do not like it do the one thing that no one can misread.

"Oh hey someone ubsubbed, they must LOVE our game!"

Do it or be quiet beause cutscene textures will NEVER be apart of normal game play.

That is when the REAL debate will begin. We will not stand for such abuse.

Agreed. Clearly they think we're so dumb that changing medium to high will change our minds on the issue.

Then unsub you silly person. If you do not like it do the one thing that no one can misread.

"Oh hey someone ubsubbed, they must LOVE our game!"

Do it or be quiet beause cutscene textures will NEVER be apart of normal game play.

Pretty sure you're incorrect.

Edited by BeeblesTV