Sobrik is Free: Bioware's Lack of Ambition is Disturbing [SPOILERS]

Cavadus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW did this with instancing just fine. Essentially all people who have completed the mission will see Sobrik as a free republic area, anyone who hasnt completed the quest series will see it as an imperial area in need of regime change.

Except it's not find if you've completed it and want to help someone quest in their yet uncleared city.

"Help I am being attacked by Imps!"

"Dude, there is just some lovely Repub sentry droids here!?!"

these are the same problems every phased game has, and they all work around them in their own ways. still, I think it's mostly agreed that the benefits due to the immersion of phasing outweigh such cons.

IMHO that's extremely limited in scope. That's to insist that both the republic and empire side's "win" their quest. Balmorra for example. Sure you could have a republic phased version where the republic fights back the empire and wins. and you could have an empire phased version where the empire fights off the rebellion. OR you could have one where the republic tries rebelling and the empire fights it off, and one side wins and one side loses. Say the empire wins fighting off the rebellion, but the "winning" quest conclusions for the republic side are then getting important information collected, or getting important persons off of the planet, etc. IMHO for star wars to be truly great, the same grand story would exist for all 8 classes and two factions, and the individual stories happen inside of that. so the empire keeps/loses control of Balmorra and both sides' stories reflect that.

This is a bit off topic, but I was really disappointed when I rolled my first alt and realized the story doesn't work this way.