couter point to all the SWTOR haters

Byoo

No, the concept is not unique, but from what I've seen SWTOR has a better story than you would expect to find in an MMO, not to mention the voice acting and extensive CGI cut scenes. This is the identity that Bioware have given their MMO. I can't talk about the quality of character storylines in other MMOs - I never played EQ or FFXI - but it's the strongest selling point for SWTOR, yet at the same time the biggest potential flaw.

Yeah, I don't know why but for some reason the TOR storyline just doesn't seem as "epic" and special to me as the one in other MMOs. I agree that this is the identity they're going for though. :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running this game fine on my 4 year old system, my friend plays on an office class computer (Thinkcentre, core duo 3ghz with a 8800gt card).

Why aren't we having problems and you are with your high end machine!?

Did you build it yourself?

Maybe the problem is standing 18inches behind the keyboard!?

No I didn't make my machine sorry to burst your bubble, onto "Well it doesn't happen to me it must either not exist or it must be you"

I never got bitten by a rabid animal so it either never happens or it's the person who got bitten who is at fault right?

Guess what! You'r laptop with a 260m blows...it might have been ruling the internet 4 or 5 years ago but don't blame this game b/c you do not have a modern computer.

I use a laptop with a 260m and I still get 40-60 FPS everywhere on near max settings (85% or so of max?)

I've got an idea turn of the FPS monitor or quit looking at the thing. Anybody complianing about FPS is just ANAL!

You do know people can tell they have crap FPS without the FPS display on right? It's called jerky animation.

The graphics on the game are flat out amazing if you have a mid level modern card and enough memory to support it.

The graphics in this game are childishly cartoony and primitive. Whether or not that is a result of the engine or an "artistic" design decision I do not know. (Note: I'm running an HD 6970.)

Edited by BrigOrion

Im playing this game on low/off on all settings, 800x600 ratio, horrible FPS most of the time and random disconnects and I still love this game. Going to stick with those settings until I get my taxes and can afford a better PC. Hopefully a Mac client will be out by then so I can just use my MacBook.

Always could rock boot camp. During beta I used my 2011 mac book pro 13inch with the sandy bridge combo, its the intel 3000 mobile graphics I believed and compared to my new rig, no contest. But I was able to play with really little frustration. If you got the space to make a boot camp partition I would consider it, if your new tax paid for pc does not pan out.

I still don't understand the issue with graphics.. Just because some of the settings from the UI don't work or are missing, doesn't mean that the feature isn't there.

Perhaps some of these hardcore elite know-it-all gamers aren't tech savvy enough to use notepad.

...let me know how you enable high res textures with your awesome tweaking/notepad skills master!!!

wait, they are disabled for everyone? ***?!

yes, ppl are still dumb enough to say that the game is fine and will eat all sorts of dog poo they throw at them when combat responsiveness and high res textures are KNOWN issues, and then these white bioware knights come to the forums complain even more about ppl disliking the game then actual people that roam the forum looking for answers to problems they have or simply posting their discontent with some issues...

its simply annoying the amount of effort these white knights put into bashing people with problems... If the game is so freaking marvelous and flawless for you, go freaking play it and leave customer support forums to people with actual concerns and want things fixed .