Crew skills for shadow

Mutanttipupu

I initially chose cybertech, slicing and underworld. Cybertech was easy to level because many folks are selling the needed ingredients at relatively cheap prices on my server. Ultimately, you can craft reusable grenades, a speeder, mods and other helpful stuff.

Then, after reading a bunch of posts and trying some of the lower level cybertech grenades, I switched to biochem and bioanalysis. I've found that leveling biochem on my server is much much slower because few of the ingredients are available for purchase and my collection quests seem mostly to yield stuff I cant use much. I do use my crafted biochem healing and stim items whenever I can but they don't yet seem to sell well. And I'm looking forward to the day when I have the reusable 400 skill level heals and stims. I think the stims add something like 136 to your base stat -- which seems fairly consequential.

Maybe I should have stuck with cybertech. Idk. Hopefully my long expensive biochem slog will pay off..

I initially chose cybertech, slicing and underworld. Cybertech was easy to level because many folks are selling the needed ingredients at relatively cheap prices on my server. Ultimately, you can craft reusable grenades, a speeder, mods and other helpful stuff.

Then, after reading a bunch of posts and trying some of the lower level cybertech grenades, I switched to biochem and bioanalysis. I've found that leveling biochem on my server is much much slower because few of the ingredients are available for purchase and my collection quests seem mostly to yield stuff I cant use much. I do use my crafted biochem healing and stim items whenever I can but they don't yet seem to sell well. And I'm looking forward to the day when I have the reusable 400 skill level heals and stims. I think the stims add something like 136 to your base stat -- which seems fairly consequential.

Maybe I should have stuck with cybertech. Idk. Hopefully my long expensive biochem slog will pay off..

Why is Cybertech better for PvP than Artifice?

Thanks

As it stands now. BioChem. Always. Until it's either nerfed or other professions are brought up to its level of usefulness at endgame.

Hopefully it's not nerfed, because it's a pain to level up (especially compared to Cybertech, which I have at almost 400 on my main).

It is a pretty good choice, though. I like the re-usable stims, medpacs, etc. I went with the Kinetic tree on my Shadow and when I combine the tanking with a healing companion and Biochem perks, I can solo just about everything (did the lvl 25 Heroic 2+ on Tatooine solo, at level 25, including the boss at the end).

400 across the board.... Cyber/Scavenge/Underworld

The nice thing with Cyber is I can make all my own Armor and Mods so I can gear myself at 48 I have right now 5 pieces of mod able gear and looking for belt and bracers still. Plus all the armor and mods for my champions

This saves me a lot of money for having to buy them.

Also I made my lvl 40 speeder and my level 50 speeder will be made.

I also made all my grade 2 and 4 ship mods and am in the process of decking out my ship in purples has I level to use those.

Right now Purple ship armor on my server is selling on AH for 25k to 40k depending on who and time you look.

Oh and ear pieces.

Edited by Rejectoo

400 across the board.... Cyber/Scavenge/Underworld

The nice thing with Cyber is I can make all my own Armor and Mods so I can gear myself at 48 I have right now 5 pieces of mod able gear and looking for belt and bracers still. Plus all the armor and mods for my champions

This saves me a lot of money for having to buy them.

Also I made my lvl 40 speeder and my level 50 speeder will be made.

I also made all my grade 2 and 4 ship mods and am in the process of decking out my ship in purples has I level to use those.

Right now Purple ship armor on my server is selling on AH for 25k to 40k depending on who and time you look.

Oh and ear pieces.

But you can't build armor, mods, ear pieces or anything that's better that pvp or heroic gear. So as soon as you start getting items at lvl50, cyber gets weaker rapidly.

The speeder is nice but it saves just a few bugs and money is never an issue in swtor.

I'm looking for opinions how is Artifice, Treasure Hunting, Archeology for PvP crew skills and is Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading better?

I know Artifice is Lightsabers and Cybertech is customising ship,grenades,speeder but which is more useful?

Edited by Talon_Starfire

As a shadow, I initially picked Artifice... but couldn't really get into it. Dropped that and picked Synthweaving/Arch/UT... To be honest, I am not happy with that one either even though I did get it to 350. The problem is the lack of good schematics (and practically non-functioning GTN on my server). Unless you're willing to invests hundreds of thousands of credits and craft/RE like crazy, you won't be able to craft anything better than you can get from quests/flashpoint/pvp/commendation vendors. If you do get lucky with Underworld Trading and get an orange schematic, it will be for anything BUT synthweaving; and if by some miracle it is, it will be for Sith gear. :/

Now, I also have alt Trooper toon and picked Biochem... and in early levels (at least) that seems like an awesome skill by comparison because it allows you to create stims/medpacks that are way better than vendor's right from the start.

As a shadow, I initially picked Artifice... but couldn't really get into it. Dropped that and picked Synthweaving/Arch/UT... To be honest, I am not happy with that one either even though I did get it to 350. The problem is the lack of good schematics (and practically non-functioning GTN on my server). Unless you're willing to invests hundreds of thousands of credits and craft/RE like crazy, you won't be able to craft anything better than you can get from quests/flashpoint/pvp/commendation vendors. If you do get lucky with Underworld Trading and get an orange schematic, it will be for anything BUT synthweaving; and if by some miracle it is, it will be for Sith gear. :/

Now, I also have alt Trooper toon and picked Biochem... and in early levels (at least) that seems like an awesome skill by comparison because it allows you to create stims/medpacks that are way better than vendor's right from the start.

What about Cybertech, Underworld Trading, Scavenging? I'm a Gray Jedi so have no problem wearing Sith gear.

Thanks

Edited by Talon_Starfire

When I said Sith gear, I meant you actually need to be Sith Warrior class (or at least some Imperial class) to wear it. That seems to be the common "issue" with UT. Imperial players get schems for Republic characters and vice versa. And I don't buy it for a second that this is simple RNG occurrences. I can only guess that maybe BW did it to stimulate market.. but it's absolutely no fun to get schematics for gear which you can't use.

I can't tell you much about Cybertech. From what I read, it's only useful for making ear pieces and grenades. Once again, you will be getting plenty of mods and armor as quest rewards (and commendation vendors have them as well).

I'm using Sythweaving, Archaelogy, and Underworld Trading.

I'm able to craft items that are better than the quest rewards, and I can add an augment to my gear if I craft an exceptional piece, which I almost always do eventually, and then there's REing for blue schematics, which happen fairly quickly, which allow me to craft gear with +crit on them.

So now my gear is better than quest rewards, and I can use my commendations for mods for my orange gear and/or gear for my companion.

Somehow I picked artifice, because of the whole theme of a Jedi. I thought being able to be able to build your own lightsaber was a must for a Jedi.

Initially I thought of Cybertech or Biochem.

However, while leveling I noticed one of the amazing traits of artifice as a Shadow. You are able to give your own weapon some amazing damage output by upgrading your hilt and using your skills right. As well as enchantments to your gear otherwise. Which is very good. You may not be able to build mods or armoring devices to upgrade your gear. But to always keep your weapon updated and at solid output while leveling was a great boon and still is. The ability to pick the color I like from blue, green, etc. works too.

It is a very good profession while leveling and adds some flavour. The issue is how much flavour it adds with the colors available through schematics. Not much info out yet on where to get purple schematics, etc. For end game PvE or PvP I think Cybertech and Biochem is the best choice while artifice ends up as ok as you can easily upgrade your own weapon to keep it top notch with hilts.

Artifice is very easy to sustain as well.

Edited by Loturos

I'm bio/bio/diplo... made the calculation that in MMOs it is usually better to craft consumables, because the demand never dries up as servers mature.

But at this stage, I am the only person on my server selling implants... so it's turned out to be a good moneymaking choice for a very different reason ;)

I also like the fact that bioanalysis lets you get mats from (a few) enemies as well as nodes... so you aren't entirely at the mercy of node spawns.

Cybertech is nice during your leveling phase, lets you keep your customizable stuff up to date. Artifice is ok too, just not as powerful.

After you reach 50, drop it for biochem. Took me like 10 hours and 100k to level biochem and bioanalysis to 400. Most powerful reusable consumables don't require components from diplomacy (but loots from HM FP bosses), so it can wait (or isn't even needed in the current state of recipes).

I did synthweaving, mainly so i could make armor for myself, and after REing a few things down (and burning up a ton of mats) I've found that quite a few of the purples recipes you get from REing are as good, or better then the quest gear, and even the gear you get from commendations.

All in all, its a pretty good trade off so far, but i'm barely level 23. Could easily change.