Dr. Lokin > Kaliyo

Albytaps

Kaliyo is terrible IMO, ranged tank with all short range/melee mitigation abilites, ***? I was on beta for quite some time and I can say with confidence that Kaliyo is the worst tanking companion, even with exceptional gear she eats it constantly. Was really surprised by how well I was doing with the doc in good gear.

I solo the Belsavis Heroic 4 [Old Enemies] AKA Lord Raxxus from Lord Sharr nightly with Kaliyo and she is in complete green gear. She is amazing. She can be a ranged tank, a melee tank or mediocre dps. It requires the player to micro manage her, which most players won't do.

Dr Lokin is a mediocre healer at best and only good if the player isn't an Op healer. For dps, Temple is far and away better than Vector.

Did you remember to give him a gun?

Seriously though, I didn't want to follow the pack, or believe it, but since I got Lokin, and slapped some moddable gear on him, I'm hard pressed to bring Kaliyo along to quest, other than for the dialogues. He heals and does cc, what's not to like?

At level 48, I play with a Sith Warrior who uses his healing companion Malavai Quinn while I use Dr. Lokin.

While questing we never fall below 90% hp and always end every fight with 99% + hp. Even when we do [Heroic 2+] quests.

Healing companions are the best, hands down.

I now get kalyio near columi equipted voerall and even with that gear the tank comps in swtor sucks.

Only with my operative healer leveling i was happy to have kalyio as tank .

with my sniper i just get her off when i get dr.lokin and it was so much better then no downtimes.

All dps / tank classes would go for healcomps.

Only in endgame with gear dps/ tank classes would switch to dps comps most time.

Edited by Vitec

At level 48, I play with a Sith Warrior who uses his healing companion Malavai Quinn while I use Dr. Lokin.

Healing companions are the best, hands down.

I now get kalyio near columi equipted overall and even with that gear the tank comps in swtor sucks.

Only with my operative healer leveling i was happy to have kalyio as tank.

with my sniper i just get her off when i get dr.lokin and it was so much better then no downtimes.

All dps / tank classes would go for healcomps.

Only in endgame with gear dps/ tank classes would switch to dps comps most time.

Wait, so, healers should use a tank companion and dps players should use a healer ?!

GASP!! Really? To be clear, I also use Ensign Temple occasionally but not when I need a tank. I have Temple geared up and she's great damage. I also have Dr Lokin geared up. He's a decent healer but nothing fantastic.

Last night Kaliyo and I soloed all the Belsavis heroic dailies again, even after the Surge nerf. She is in greens and I am an Op Medic. She is an amazing tank but again, it takes a bit of micro managing her skills, a bit of planning and she rocks the house.

i have a 50 assassin tank and i used talos(healer) sometimes but most of the time i used

andronikos for soloing. things die WAYY too slow with a healer companion.

so whoever said tanks should be using healer companions.. thats not true

i use dps companion more than anything as a tank.

another note on imperial agents..someone said whats not to like with dr lokin??

do you have a 50? apparently not because if you did you wouldnt say stupid things like that... every other class in the game's healing companion can heal and dps at the same time.. range dps btw which is a big deal because dr. lokin will try to run up to the mobs and melee them when you are at 100% hp so he gets hit with aoe's alot and grabs aggro from mobs you didnt tag..

ITS TERRIBLE..

dr.lokin is the worst healing companion in the game. he is pretty much exactly the same as your robot healer since he cant heal and dps at the same time and his dps is a joke

so basically he just heals..

you cant even compare mako or talos drelik to dr.lokin.. dr. lokin is a joke

why are IA companions sooo gimp?? WHY WHY BIOWARE DO YOU HATE IA's??!?@?@!

Getting on your speeder still resets companion health to full no? Just do that, and there's no need to heal as long as Kaliyo survives the fight. And yeah, Lokin is the worst healer companion in the game because he can't heal and dps at the same time like other healer companions.

I really don't understand any of these threads. I played with Kaliyo from the moment I got her to level 50 as a MM Sniper. I kept her geared always (and not even in level appropriate gear. We were trashing level 50 content with her in level 40 mods) and she never ever steared me wrong. The only times we failed were when I screwed up.

What are you people doing that makes her so useless to you? Does she die sometimes? Sure, but only against Elites and it's hardly an imposition to dismiss her and resummon her, or even better to summon my ride and move just before it appears dropping and summoning her instantly. Whenever I had her in appropriate level Customs with Prototype mods she wouldn't go down at all.

The one thing that Kaliyo does that Lokin never will, is keep mobs the hell away from me. Like a proper tank should.

Edited by KalSpiro

dr.lokin is the worst healing companion in the game. he is pretty much exactly the same as your robot healer since he cant heal and dps at the same time and his dps is a joke

so basically he just heals..

you cant even compare mako or talos drelik to dr.lokin.. dr. lokin is a joke

why are IA companions sooo gimp?? WHY WHY BIOWARE DO YOU HATE IA's??!?@?@!

You did give Lokin a pistol to use right?

Just curious because my Lokin attacks when his heals are on cool down frequently. Not to mention he likes to use his cool little CC carbonite spray. Anyhow if I have a healing companion I am not expecting it to dps like crazy. I expect it to heal me through the damage so that I can dps like crazy.

As far as IA companions being gimped...Temple is pretty ******, Vector was really useful, and I like the doctor. Both tanks are seldom used but since I have no way to really keep them alive why settle for mediocre dps when I can use Temple instead.

Ensign Temple > all.

I ignored her for a long time then got some spare columni pieces and other purple and orange gear and two orange guns so I gave her another shot. Stuff dies soo much faster with her and she has 14k hp now. I also prefer to keep aggro on myself and tank so I can keep the mob targeted and heal myself endlessly without any target switching involved. Makes fights easier.

Ensign Temple > all.

I ignored her for a long time then got some spare columni pieces and other purple and orange gear and two orange guns so I gave her another shot. Stuff dies soo much faster with her and she has 14k hp now. I also prefer to keep aggro on myself and tank so I can keep the mob targeted and heal myself endlessly without any target switching involved. Makes fights easier.

I have Kaliyo at 17k now. She's a beast. Temple is really good. I love using her as dps.

For target switching, I have MouseWheelDown as target self. MouseWheelUp as target nearest friendly. I can cycle through people -really- fast.

You can also set up the Focus target modifier key and targetself modifier key. I have 'X' for myself and 'Z' for focus target. Starting a heal with Z pressed sends it to my focus target without ever switching main targets.

• 5 months later...

Wow, major thread necromancy....

Your class quest, of course...;you get led to each planet that way, and you'll run into him soon after, but you won't get to have him as your companion until you complete your class quesst there.

Edited by chuixupu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.