Tanking please help

jerusalemman

Hi all,

I have just started a bh pt with the aim of tanking with 2 friends who r bh, which 1 is a healer and the other a dps. We are only lvl 12 at the moment but I am struggling to keep aggro especially against a boss. I have tanked in WoW so not completly new to tanking, however I'm really struggling with a bh. Is there any sort of rotation that I can use? BH tanking seems alot more difficult than warrior tanking in WoW but then I'm not the smartest bloke around and it does seem to take me awhile to get a grip but I'm determined as I am completly bored of dps roles.

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Holding aggro will be difficult early on, and whenever you aren't fighting elites and champion mobs. Go shieldtech and just keep practicing. Eventually you'll get more tanking abilities and acquire skills that make holding aggro easier. And yeah, ion gas cylinder is your big first tank ability.

Ion gas Cylinder is important and you will find that your auto-shoot type ability is important too.... rocket punch is a an awesome threat move.

On Single targets use the unload and on Aoe use flame thrower... Obviously you can use flame thrower on single targets for a filler.

Its quite easy to become overheated so in-between each move use your auto shoot ability with ion gas cylinder this will help alot.

I rarely use rail-shot i dont know if this is a must at high level but i dont use it and i never have issues with aggro

Dont take this as gospel i have a 40 BH PT shield tech and i get told im a good tank often but this doesn't give what im saying any credit, it has just worked for me at the point im at in the game

Have to beware because IGC is currently bugged....its only doing about 40% of its dmg value thats claimed in the tooltip. Simple fix is to work one of your taunts into the rotation until bioware decides to fix this.