Fps, fix it!

lightumup

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you are either trolling or you know zero about rigs. 550 watts srsly??? on a 570???

no wonder why your performance drops.

Stop right there. A typical Intel sandy bridge system with a mid-high GPU like a 570 will consume around 350w under peak load, newer hardware uses less power not more.

A good quality 80+ rated 550w is more than sufficient.

Edited by derkiederk

Running in fullscreen windowed mode fixes that. It also makes vsync seem to work more smoothly too but that could just have been a coincidence.

Yeah i noticed that as i began using my second monitor a week ago but it still a bit laggy may that be my ram anyways?

you are either trolling or you know zero about rigs. 550 watts srsly??? on a 570???

no wonder why your performance drops.

You sir, are the troll here. In desktop usage, a gamer PC with the 570GTX will burn 150-160 watts and under a full load, 330-340w. What is the issue with a 550w PSU here exactly?

So, I made a typo, big deal. I did not post the exact specs of my system because i was lazy. I have a good system, there was no need to go and list everything to sound like a ******. When you asked I told you. By the way, if the motherboard did not support my card, the card would either not fit in the pci express slot, or simply not run.

Also, seeing as I am able to run other games perfectly, i would say yet again, my hardware is not the issue.

yes yes yes that nice but uhm what kind of motherboard do you have?

550 is too low for a 570, regardless of what people on here will say/think.

Really, so nvidia priniting on their product label that 550w works is all lies right? it is a conspiracy!

Wrong.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-consumption-graphics-cards,2849-8.html

570 uses less power than a 470. There are charts for newer cards but I don't care enough to find them.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2010/12/07/nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-1-3gb-review/9

To the people who claim that 550PSU is too weak for the card and that's the reason that TOR does not run.... enough. You have made fools of yourselves already, don't push it farther.

Edited by ScartStorm

yes yes yes that nice but uhm what kind of motherboard do you have?

finding the motherboard label is a pain in the ***, I tell you what, I will give you my BIOS label, and you go find out. BIOS ver. CHI_714.ROM vCHI7.14

Edited by lightumup

Stop right there. A typical Intel sandy bridge system with a mid-high GPU like a 570 will consume around 350w under peak load, newer hardware uses less power not more.

A good quality 80+ rated 550w is more than sufficient.

while in theory you are right.

440 watt (80%) is what the 550 80+ psu gives, what is rather close to the 350w you said.

because one or more hdd, his keyboard, mouse and what not he has on his pc. will up that and then you are pretty close the the 80%

They'll never be able to fix your frame rate issue since the issue is clearly on your computer. Update your drivers, optimize Windows settings and do some house cleaning.

I run an HD5850 o/c @ 825/1150 and I get a steady 90+ FPS in the zones, 60ish in the fleet. And that's with shadows and grass to high. Plus I'm forcing 8xMSAA and 16xAF in my drivers.

It's your rig, you fix it.

FWIW:

i5 2500k @4.4

8GB DDR3-1600

HD5850 @ 825/1150

2x2TB HDDs, 1 OS and 1 data/swapfile

Phenom x4 965

AMD 6950

8GB RAM

I have 15 -30 FPS in battlegrounds and 20 FPS tops in republic fleet center (or whatever, the one that looks exactly like undercity).

I cant understand the people who are forming guilds for serious PVP here xD

440 watt (80%) is what the 550 80+ psu gives, what is rather close to the 350w you said.

because one or more hdd, his keyboard, mouse and what not he has on his pc. will up that and then you are pretty close the the 80%

No, that's not what 80+ rating means at all. It's about efficiency vs power drained from the mains, not how much it can deliver.

If power was an issue, I would be having issues in other games too, which is not happening. So, your point is mute.

You are trying so hard to sound like an expert that you are missing the common sense part of the equation. Just a tip

Edited by lightumup

I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of this framerate issue. I have a top notch rig with a gtx 570. The last issue I should be having with a game that looks like this is fps issues. It annoys me just to log in, or to warzone, or to go to fleet. It is so unacceptably horrible I almost want to cancel my sub. 15 fps in fleet? Reallly? 15? On a gtx 570?

Meanwhile, they are fixing ridiculous bugs that nobody even notices, and leaving this gamebreaking problem that many people with high end systems seem to be having.

BIOWARE, FIX YOUR ****

sounds like your computer sucks or you just dont know how to do the settings for your computer, either way not BWs fault.

Well i can just add mine two rigs to the list.

1 : i7 oced 4.47, gtx 590, 8gb ram ddr3 1600 - the game crawls in the fleet and warzones ocasionally to 19-22 fps [for a short time if i stop moving when the drop occurs it is going back usually around 40-45, still even 40-45 fps standing and doing nothing on this pc seems kinda wierd, same for the drops, those shouldnt exist on such rig]

2: E8400 oced 4.0, GTX 260, 4GB Ram DDR2 800 - the same situation as above, the same exact fps and dropdowns as on my first rig [wich is damn strange that my 3.5 year old pc runs the game the same as my brand new power-house rig]

Engine of this game - as we all know now is only single threaded, wich means the game cannot even use properly 2 cores [and this is a stated fact, you can check it in the hero engine dev forum], it is not well optimised currently imho.

Strange thing - i was a beta player and beta was running fine... droped down ocasionally from stable 120 fps [i have 120hz monitor] sometimes to 40-50 in the fleet or in the warzone but that was a perfectly fine and stable framerate... Dropdown was noticeable in visual terms since going down from 120 to 50 fps on 120hz monitor is slightly noticeable but it was not horrible like now when i can go down to 21 frames sometimes [and very rare when game seems like stuck on loading terrain it can even crawl to 12-15 fps for 1-3 seconds]

Its no way this is a hardware or software confilct, the game behave the same way no matter what settings i test, not to mention it behave that way on two totally difrent rigs with difrent os, drivers, software installed.

The only posiible reason - this is either a driver issue [in the end as far as i know either nvidia and ati didnt pulled out any new drivers that have tor optimisation implemented] or the BW issue in general terms of engine optimisation.

As for the people that claim everything is fine with their systems - maybe it is, maybe they have low standards [i have a friend who play games on his 6 years old machine with 15-17 fps and he call this fluid animation, there are people in the other hand that cand understand lag and framerate issues are not one and the same, others dont even know how to check their fps - i dont plan to argue with those people its pointless... and many of them are pure trolls that knows thereis an issue but their bw fanboyism cannot allow them to not defend the devs - thos i wont discuss either]

I posetd my dxdiag earlier in other topis, no sense to do it again.

Thats all i have to say on the matter i think.

Hope they will at least try to fix the issue instead of trying to tell us everything is perfectly fine.

I have the same issue.

Decent rig, low FPS.

There are several steps you go through to make sure its not on your end so you dont look like a complete idiot.

I'm sure you already know these; drivers, settings, etc.

One thing i never see people follow up on however is their RAM voltage.

Go into your BIOS, check with you manufacturing specs, and make sure its getting what its suppose to.

I think the problem is, is that there are so many peoplein one zone. Even in WoW, stormwind or org, your gonna get low fps cos of all the players. Theres no fix to the fleet fps issues but Im wondering why in wz's are there fps problems.

It is very annoying when you just built a brand new rig to run TOR on max settings but cant.