WTB Teleport to target against range classes

Qwertt

deception spec cant have force pull :( , and force speed i've found not as useful as it sounds.

Go 23/0/18 or the deception counterpart with 23 in darkness and it won't seem that way. In thread I've seen like this, its not the class that's the problem. It's players trying to make the class play like something its not. This isnt WoW, and the Sin playstyle encourages hybrid builds.

Edited by Cowflab

No not at all. I have no problem getting into and maintain range on my targets in PvP. Force slow is a wonderful ability that has a range increase as part of our PvP set bonus. We can use shock and discharge while closing in to keep on the pressure and of course we have force speed when off cd.

Given we have a long range stun, a melee mez, a ranged snare and stealth+vanish as deception, I hardly have trouble getting in range or having people stay put while I hammer them. A force jump/pull type of ability would be OP. Darkness gets it but their dmg output isn't really the same.

The tank PvP build taks from both worlds but I'm pretty sure it will be nerfed one day. Developers stated they didn't really want hybrids (ie, characters without a 31 pt talent) to be desirable.

Given we have a long range stun, a melee mez, a ranged snare and stealth+vanish as deception, I hardly have trouble getting in range or having people stay put while I hammer them. A force jump/pull type of ability would be OP. Darkness gets it but their dmg output isn't really the same.

The tank PvP build taks from both worlds but I'm pretty sure it will be nerfed one day. Developers stated they didn't really want hybrids (ie, characters without a 31 pt talent) to be desirable.[/QUOte]

Source for Dev statement? Until they do the 23/0/18 build is your best option IMO for PvP. I do roughly 85% of the DPS I do in deception but with a ton more utility and survivability.

Edited by Cowflab

Source for Dev statement? Until they do the 23/0/18 build is your best option IMO for PvP. I do roughly 85% of the DPS I do in deception but with a ton more utility and survivability.

mind posting your spec? i would like to view it.

also, what stance are you in?

Edited by kuthroat

GOD FORBID WE ACTUALLY HAVE A BALANCED GAME!!!!

This is the same crap that killed WoW. (and yes, to people with brains, WoW is dead, and awful.) They killed their class balance a LONG time ago by giving EVERYONE AoE's, healing abilities, etc. You USED to need skill to play, now you just need hotkeys. So far, this game requires you to know your class, manage your CD's and other abilities, and have a general knowledge of what your opponent can do. PLEASE stop trying to make this game into WoW.

Just because you're dying a lot trying to play like a Rogue doesn't mean the class is inherently imbalanced. Let's say there are 50 deaths to spread around in your WZ (generally as a function of enemy DPS versus your healing), that 50 deaths have to spread some way. It doesn't matter if it's 25 to you and 25 to rest of team, or everyone gets ~6 deaths. In fact, since melee DPS do not lose effectiveness while being attacked, it is probably better that most of your death goes to melee DPS (if a healer/range DPS dies that means they're also being attacked, so they're contributing less than you, while you always contribute 100% while being attacked).

Madness spec and/or playing more conservatively means you can offload deaths that should have been yours to someone else. In pretty much every WZ I win, I lead in total DPS, kills, deaths, and medals. In fact, if I'm not dying a lot while guarding the healer, that means the other team isn't remotely putting enough pressure on our team so it should be an easy win. Unless all your WZs are straight up steamroll one way or another, there are times where you've to pick whether the healer or the guy guarding him (presumably you) dies, and 99% of the time it's better you die than the healer.