The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Game is Sterile and Mechanical

garkle

I noticed this in korriban. Im only level 12 so im hoping things get better. It was to say the least...awkward to see mobs standing and not patrolling at all. And to see npc's open their mouths and move their hands yet say nothing (lol?).

Perhaps because it is a direct copy of World of Warcraft, Star Wars-The Old Republic feels lifeless and dead. It is artless and despite its later iterations and flaws, WOW was not.

If it was a direct copy of WoW it wouldn't be lifeless.

Actually, it's one of the reasons I fell into the smuggler faction. The story quest is awesome. The character interactions are hilarious. It keeps me going planet to planet. If your storyline is "sterile and lifeless", try a different class. There's probably one more to your liking.

Perhaps because it is a direct copy of World of Warcraft, Star Wars-The Old Republic feels lifeless and dead. It is artless and despite its later iterations and flaws, WOW was not.

Funny cause your post is lifeless and dead, and is a copy of a billion other troll post.

Actually, it's one of the reasons I fell into the smuggler faction. The story quest is awesome. The character interactions are hilarious. It keeps me going planet to planet. If your storyline is "sterile and lifeless", try a different class. There's probably one more to your liking.

It is not the game or story so much as it is his brain.

Hundreds of Thousands of people care.

About your attempt at trolling? I think not.

No, it's not nearly as sterile as WoW, and I can say that despite only having played 14 days of that money milking machine Blizzard calls a game.

And there are plenty of roaming npcs, plenty of enviromental scenes playing out, I sure as hell never saw a bunch of guys charge other guys while gryphons flew overhead while their riders batteled each other in WoW...

You might want to check out Balmorra, NPC's are fighting all over the place. turrets fire in the distance, fighters chase each other across the sky, bombs fall, sith apprentices charge the resistancefighters lines etc etc.

So yes, you're trolling and failing at it - hard.

I know people have legitimate gripes with this game, it's by no means perfect, but why is it that most of the critical naysayers are Dec 2011ers?

I wouldn't blame it all on WoW. WoW is at least tolerable to play 5 hours per week. This game is sterile though. No life. An empty vessel.

I can see TOR falling short on ambient sounds and the frequency at which they play, but that's a pretty subjective opinion.

World of Warcraft drove me nuts because I was stuck in these tiny zones and I was expected to believe that they encompassed an entire planet.

That broke my immersion.