Thank you Bioware for an amazing class.

Mausman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "QQers" Have made valid points and concerns about the class. The people who said l2p have made none, only posting damage done from pvp pictures.

The sad thing is, someone posted a sorc, and a BH doing the same amount of damage. So even them pictures got put into place.

You people who said l2p are not better than the rest of us. The ones who sees the flaws and understands it are the ones who are the better players. They understand the class enough to post concerns.

The pics that they post prove that the marauder is capable of fulfilling it's role as a damage dealing class. I am sorry you do not have the patience to learn how to reproduce the same results. Yes, bounty hunters and sorcs will produce similar results.... are marauders the only class that is supposed to put out damage? No. We get it, those classes can put out similar damage easier, that's fine but some of us prefer the skill required for this class. People like you want some crazy buff to marauders to make them 2 button easy mode. People like me, do not want that at all. Obviously those that say l2p are better at playing this class than you are. They have found ways to produce amazing results with the marauder class and you have not. How can you claim to be a better player when you would rather complain about a class than learn it. You have proven to be nothing other than a lazy player. Minor tweaks may be needed for this class, but in no way are they broken or ineffective. Play your BH and sorc if you want, but unless you have a constant pocket healer backing you up, don't be upset when I destroy you in every WZ we step in together because unlike you, I have learned to play this class.

Once again you 3 "Rage Juggs are betterz" guys are in here trying to bring a positive post down. If the Mara upsets you so much, roll something else; if you play another class, why are you coming into the Mara forums to post?

For all of your diatribes and bashing of Maras and how the Rage Juggs are better, I have never seen you once post solid, clear proof to support your claims. Know why? Because you don't have any, we don't have combat logs so you can't know. All we have is screenies and vids from people that don't account for things like gear level,skill, premade or not, did they have pocket healers etc(on both sides of the argument).

You can claim you know that they are better based on your perception of abilities,the talent trees, armor and the like, but you don't, it's all just your opinion. At this point, only BioWare knows.

If you want to post constructive feedback on how to make Maras better in your view, then do so. If you want to continue to bash Maras, go ahead and do so, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just leave your "Rage Juggs are betterz" claims out of it until you have actual evidence to support your point of view.

Edited by Temeluchus

The pics that they post prove that the marauder is capable of fulfilling it's role as a damage dealing class. I am sorry you do not have the patience to learn how to reproduce the same results. Yes, bounty hunters and sorcs will produce similar results.... are marauders the only class that is supposed to put out damage? No. We get it, those classes can put out similar damage easier, that's fine but some of us prefer the skill required for this class. People like you want some crazy buff to marauders to make them 2 button easy mode. People like me, do not want that at all. Obviously those that say l2p are better at playing this class than you are. They have found ways to produce amazing results with the marauder class and you have not. How can you claim to be a better player when you would rather complain about a class than learn it. You have proven to be nothing other than a lazy player. Minor tweaks may be needed for this class, but in no way are they broken or ineffective. Play your BH and sorc if you want, but unless you have a constant pocket healer backing you up, don't be upset when I destroy you in every WZ we step in together because unlike you, I have learned to play this class.

Nah, its just that the pictures trying to say we do the most damage in the game when other class pull the same numbers. Its not hard to jump in and spam aoe.

In the head this class is sub par and more and more people are seeing it and want change. While the few people telling others l2p.

I still don't see why people think Rage is the only viable spec. I do more than fine as Carnage :\

Who says it's the only viable specc? Annihilation performs well, haven't too much knowledge of carnage, but it ought to be on par with anni..

It's more the matter of playstyle if you ask me..

Who says it's the only viable specc? Annihilation performs well, haven't too much knowledge of carnage, but it ought to be on par with anni..

It's more the matter of playstyle if you ask me..

Nail on the Head - the 3 specs are pretty similar imo, but they are hugely different in terms of gameplay.. I was Annihilation up to 25 then switched to Rage my damage output simply sky-rocketed in PVP and PVE, it just suited how I play. There is so much to be said about playing the spec that its ergonomically right for you.

Nail on the Head - the 3 specs are pretty similar imo, but they are hugely different in terms of gameplay.. I was Annihilation up to 25 then switched to Rage my damage output simply sky-rocketed in PVP and PVE, it just suited how I play. There is so much to be said about playing the spec that its ergonomically right for you.

Exactly, I wasn't claiming that Rage is the best overall.

Rather, it's the best for me personally.

Nah, its just that the pictures trying to say we do the most damage in the game when other class pull the same numbers. Its not hard to jump in and spam aoe.

In the head this class is sub par and more and more people are seeing it and want change. While the few people telling others l2p.

let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata......hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids...dont break...through....with..the stick...

Oh god not these whinging *****es again. Do you just scour the forums for posts that you can add something to about how bad Marauders are? It's getting *********** old man.

I look through the Marauder forums and am yet to see one started by you, contributing anything useful at all. All you do is go into other people's threads and cry about how gimped you are - especially if you see someone that actually says that they like the class and has had some success with it.

We know you don't like them, so reroll and s t f u!

And until this game has dps meters (which I hope it never does) and you get a Juggernaut and a Marauder in identical level gear, being played by players with the same skill levels, who can say for sure which one does more damage? Just because a Jugg did more than you, doesn't mean it will do more than someone else... unless of course, you are the best example of a Marauder...:rolleyes:

Even though you said "You people who said l2p are not better than the rest of us" and obviously think noone could be more skilled at the class than you. I am more than certain there are people out there that could teach you how to play a Marauder better. There is always someone better and the person that thinks othwerwise, is an arrogant fool.

Preach it brotha!!!! :D

Couldn't agree with you more.

the problem is the class take some skill to play and manage, thats just far too much for most people to handle

Skill...lol. You are pushing buttons in sequence on a keyboard. Mad skill there.

Class is broken to hell and back. Please fix the Marauder so I can properly enjoy him. Thanks BW !

Skill...lol. You are pushing buttons in sequence on a keyboard. Mad skill there.

Class is broken to hell and back. Please fix the Marauder so I can properly enjoy him. Thanks BW !

Wow, I can't believe you actually said that. In one fel swoop, you just effectively both insulted and demeaned everyone who ever thought playing an MMO or any game takes skill (which is everyone, btw). Good work. Your opinion is now completely worthless.

Funniest comment so far. Have you played any class besides a Mara? It's 1 2 2 1 1 1 1, especially if we are talking BH Mercs.

Yes Marauders are actually really good. I've never understood the complaints. The lack of CC is maybe the one complaint i've ever felt is valid.

Marauders are two things: super gear dependent, and are one of the hardest classes to play properly. So people who are still learning the class and haven't geared up enough yet, are probably the majority of the people who are complaining.

Especially when you get better gear, Marauders do a ton of damage. It's also very easy to sustain our DPS. Where as classes like Sniper burst damage like nothing else, but then they drop off quickly.

Also where are people getting that Juggernauts do more DPS than Marauder. AFAIK that is completely false. More AOE for sure though.

I'm in Annihilation spec and also really enjoy this class. I've never really had a problem soloing, and love watching damage roll off when my DoTs are stacked up. Thanks for an actual positive post OP!

Stop posting here. Seriously. All I EVER see you do is troll threads about how terrible this class is because you can't figure it out, and then have the audacity to call OTHER people trolls because they don't agree with you. You contribute absolutely nothing to any thread you post in.

Pluck whatever wild hair you have up your *** concerning the class, roll something else, and stop sitting in the Marauder forum all day repeatedly hitting F5 looking for more threads to troll. You're utterly worthless.

Even if the Marauder was sub-par for some reason (it's not) we're not even 1 month into the game and balance changes will be ongoing. So as long as you like the play style keep with it, gear up more, you'll get better just because of that.

We're one class that's unlikely to get nerfed anytime soon, so we have that going for us.

whats interesting mauraders have so many ways to either lower or stop damage its funny lets count hahaha

1. saberward

2. cloak of pain

3. juyo form beserk

4. force choke

5. obfuscate

6. force camo

7. undying rage

8. intimidating roar

from talents

9. hungering

10.phantom

11.payback

Mauraders do great damage in all trees, the only problem I see with this class is all of there abilties are damn useful and i cant fit them all in my ui ..... This is a very underestimated class and is a class that I fear the most on my sniper....carnage speced mauraders I hate so much very hard class to kite....

I'm in Annihilation spec and also really enjoy this class. I've never really had a problem soloing, and love watching damage roll off when my DoTs are stacked up. Thanks for an actual positive post OP!

Stop posting here. Seriously. All I EVER see you do is troll threads about how terrible this class is because you can't figure it out, and then have the audacity to call OTHER people trolls because they don't agree with you. You contribute absolutely nothing to any thread you post in.

Pluck whatever wild hair you have up your *** concerning the class, roll something else, and stop sitting in the Marauder forum all day repeatedly hitting F5 looking for more threads to troll. You're utterly worthless.

so true

Even if the Marauder was sub-par for some reason (it's not) we're not even 1 month into the game and balance changes will be ongoing. So as long as you like the play style keep with it, gear up more, you'll get better just because of that.

We're one class that's unlikely to get nerfed anytime soon, so we have that going for us.

That made me LoL

Edited by Mausman

This is a very underestimated class and is a class that I fear the most on my sniper....carnage speced mauraders I hate so much very hard class to kite....

Snipers fear all melee and on my sniper I fear Operatives way move than Marauders, I have way more CC than they can break.

wait.. so the class is awesome now because you get 6k lolcrits with smash in pvp if you are rage specced? That IS a valid point, being Nr. 1 on dmg done in random bgs is what it's all about anyway! :rolleyes:

However, class does not suck, just needs polishing, but most classes do (buffs or nerfs to some abilities/mechanics), Marauders just feel it more intense than others if you don't pay attention while playing, that's why people complain and in the long run things like leveling/doing dailies should be easier for all the casual players out there.

I didn't have real problems while leveling, pvping or doing FPs (although being melee really sucks compared to ranged dps with all the knockback + slow mechanics or other boss mechaics only affecting melee while there is no skill affecting range...) but I am able to understand where all the people writing about this class sucking badly come from and to some extent they are right.

Now you can go and be an elitist jerk about it and tell them to just l2p yadda yadda WoW wrath of the l33t kid all over again or just try to find actual solutions to real problems this class has (like any other class.. it's not like we are the only ones) or the basic game mechanic has (to much dmg done by enemies/to many knockbacks, to many setbacks being a meleeclass compared to ranged classes... these are valid concerns and more than just QQ mwradas sukz trolling).

As far as I am concerned I only really care about where we will stand on DPS compared to other classes, and if that's all within a small percentage of another I'm fine with the class and everything, but you just gotta tune the difficulty down for many players who are struggling with it, preferably by adjusting NPCs, not just take away half our skills and make them passive or something like that.

It's pretty sad though, not even a month has passed since launch and the forums already look like WoW during wotlk with all the TROLOLOL L2P Noob!!!!111 posts here or statements how you own random lowbies in random bgs... srsly sad. This was supposed to be a discussion thread by I have yet to see just 1 post that is not instantly overrun with flames and other completely irrelevant bs that does not help anyone but maybe makes one guy with a huge inferiority complex somewhat happy. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for a Ravage buff though. I wanna move when ravaging.

Get the pun there?