Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Unless I fail at clicking on links, why didn't you link the Imperial Fleet and all instances?

Oh for the love of...all right, fine. I'm already on a video game forum on a Saturday evening: it's not like I can pretend I have more productive things to be doing with my time.

The post was big enough as it was. If you really want more, here's a link to an album I made just for such pictures, in the interest of not drowning the thread in screenshots. Of them, I'd say the highlight is the picture of Fleet with 17 people in it.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/SWTOR%20Server%20Stats/

Those of you playing on Swiftsure or Harbinger, or one of those type servers: I have nothing against you. You're likely having a fantastic gaming experience, and I'm happy for that. All I'm asking is that you recognize that many of us on some other servers are not having such an experience.

Edited by XLauncher

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7:00 PM PST. This is peak for NA servers.

Less than half the NA servers are heavy. Only 2 are full (the usual cuplrits, Swiftsure and harbinger, the Unofficial Australian servers )

Wednesday night there were 8 more heavy servers. On a weeknight.

Obviously, there's been a reduction in participation. Weekends are usually the peak times for MMO's.

Well sure there is going to be reduction after the first month that's obvious.

West coast is still mostly heavy with 2 full, i'm in a queue right now. No light servers Newb areas still have new people asking questions. I'd say it's going pretty good.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Well sure there is going to be reduction after the first month that's obvious.

West coast is still mostly heavy with 2 full, i'm in a queue right now. Newb areas still have new people asking questions. I'd say it's going pretty good.

It's honestly not as dead as I'd expected... though my server is heavy so that helps. I'll be interested to do another check Wednesday night.

50 WZ times are pathetic though. I have to play alts just to PvP atm.

Edited by Mannic

Dude, chill the doomcrying, you aren't very good at it. I just logged off, and on my NA server Juyo on Republic side we were running with about the same population we have most weekends, so around 130 or so on Coruscant, another 80 on Taris, 70 on Nar Shaddaa. No one else on my guild noticed any reduction on any of the later worlds either until Belsavis crashed for a few minutes.... Seems to me that things are moving along pretty well for the game.

It's honestly not as dead as I'd expected... though my server is heavy so that helps. I'll be interested to do another check Wednesday night.

50 WZ times are pathetic though. I have to play alts just to PvP atm.

You realize how funny this is, right? After all the 50s were whining for everyone to stay out of their WZ, now you guys can't get a good battle together? Karma dude, Karma.

You realize how funny this is, right? After all the 50s were whining for everyone to stay out of their WZ, now you guys can't get a good battle together? Karma dude, Karma.

What are you talking about?

It was the sub-50's who whined and got level 50 players thrown into their own bracket. It was a poorly thought-out decision by Bioware since you now have level 50 players getting about a quarter the number of WZ pops, which doesn't exactly add to the game's reputation of having a boring endgame.

It was the sub-50's who whined and got level 50 players thrown into their own bracket. It was a poorly thought-out decision by Bioware since you now have level 50 players getting about a quarter the number of WZ pops, which doesn't exactly add to the game's reputation of having a boring endgame.

Do you actually play the game? I mean every ten or fifteen minutes we'd have some level 50 dbag running around fleet telling anyone less than level 50 to not join any WZ because "that is why we always lose" usually at that point, I make a point of telling all my friends to jump into the WZ queue just to bug the dbag.

If you log on now, most servers are heavy, the rest standard. And the server I'm on, swiftsure has 35min queue. :mad:

75 servers are standard.

51 are heavy.

2 are full.

That qualifies as "most servers are heavy" to you?

This is why some of us want server merges. Of course we don't want to merge the 51 servers who are heavy or the 2 that are full. But there are 75 servers that aren't getting over standard pop at prime time on a Saturday.

Edited by Mannic

IT also made pvp actually fun if you aren't 30+, Enjoying it a lot more on my alts.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

Lol what is with that server? Is it an euro server? its never light!

It's the Unofficial Oceanic Server, where all the Aussies and Kiwis decided to go prior to release. Swiftsure for PvP, Harbinger of PvE.

Edited by Mannic

Do you actually play the game? I mean every ten or fifteen minutes we'd have some level 50 dbag running around fleet telling anyone less than level 50 to not join any WZ because "that is why we always lose" usually at that point, I make a point of telling all my friends to jump into the WZ queue just to bug the dbag.

Yeah. I never saw that happen even 1 time so...

The change was not implemented because of level 50 players whining. It was made because of sub-50 players whining and everyone except for apparently you knows that.

Edited by Mannic

It's the Unofficial Oceanic Server, where all the Aussies and Kiwis decided to go prior to release. Swiftsure for PvP, Harbinger of PvE.

Good PvP happening there? Looking for a good one to offeset my Pve server playing.

Mannic also FYI you want standard servers spread out and looks like it is, heavy servers not bad either, full can have ques which we dont want.

Edited by Jeedaix

I don't know. I'm not on either of those servers. I avoid Aussies like the plague.

JUST kidding Aussies.

Imagine how we will overrun the game when they actually release it here :)

Save those standard servers for the Asian / Aussie influx when it releases in about 5 weeks.

I almost started this exact same thread!

This is actually pretty scary to be honest. The word of mouth is powerful and EA/Biowares are in for a hard lesson it would appear!

/sad

Gotta agree with you there. I think this might go down as one of the biggest fails in gaming history. I remember a quote during Beta where one of the EA guys was saying they were shooting for 10million box sales. They might get 10 million downloads if the game foes FTP LOL. Seriously though I think they have barely cracked 2 million sales, and sub numbers have only gone down, since they announced 1.5 million subs. EA really has bad luck making MMOs.

We'll know the real story once they start laying off employees and they share their experience with the public.

Hmm, im not sure if im drreaming or not, because right now the only reason im typing this is because im in a queue of 248......

O and for the record, once we get our own oceanic realms, you can have your servers back, and we will stick to our 5- 10 servers that will aways be full ( and the yanks rushing to join them because they are allways full )....

Edited by darthjerro

Wow, I can't log in...long queues. Game fails

Wow, no queues. No players. Game fails.

A reasonable person with some education might not jump to conclusions and just play the game for entertainment. Just sayin'

Gotta agree with you there. I think this might go down as one of the biggest fails in gaming history. I remember a quote during Beta where one of the EA guys was saying they were shooting for 10million box sales. They might get 10 million downloads if the game foes FTP LOL. Seriously though I think they have barely cracked 2 million sales, and sub numbers have only gone down, since they announced 1.5 million subs. EA really has bad luck making MMOs.

We'll know the real story once they start laying off employees and they share their experience with the public.

So far, SWTOR is doing pretty good in player retention compared with other MMO launches, so you'll have to wait a long time to pop the champagne when you want to celebrate that TOR will fail.

As for quotes, I never read an EA guy say that they'd sell 10 million box sales, but feel free to provide the source link, I doubt you will be able to.

Wow, I can't log in...long queues. Game fails

Wow, no queues. No players. Game fails.

A reasonable person with some education might not jump to conclusions and just play the game for entertainment. Just sayin'

A reasonable person with some education would realize there's a happy equilibrium to be struck here.

Any one else noticed that the servers were all full during peak times the other week and now all the full ones are now only heavy or very heavy. Lots are just standard now and you log on to them to see what the populations are like and you'll get like 20 people in a zone compared to around 80 in the very heavy ones.

Bioware needs to start merging servers before they make the mistake every other developer has done with mmorpgs ever since WoW. If you're part of an unpopulated server you're more likely to quit because you cannot find the people to play with.

It's not a doomsday thread but Bioware need to get on top of the population decline before the servers get too underpopulated and people quit.

I actually have seen an increase to be honest. By roughly 20-30 people. This is based on the imp fleet. During peak times we would average about 140-150 people at a time. Now we are at 170ish.

Even the zones have a few more people in them. Where Hoth we would have 25-35 we now have over 40. Though this is a poor way to base a server population off of seeing as people leveling or traveling.

A reasonable person with some education would realize there's a happy equilibrium to be struck here.

Ironically, the servers that had the worst queues at release are the only ones with decent populations now. The servers that rarely even reached "very heavy" are the servers that now stay standard all day. And there's quite a few more of the latter than the former. If Bioware is smart, they'll be proactive about mergers, take the short-term PR hit, and increase the likelihood of retaining the players they already have.