Todays patch, messed up my game

Snikur

:mad:

The game shuts down my computer after a few minutes of playing, first problem i have had with this game.

Am I the only one having truble after the patch??? :mad:

Your computer shuts down? That isn't a problem with the game man...

I'm gonna go with Heat Issues too if it just shuts down with no warning.

Check your Event Log and see what happened prior to the shut down. If you're not that technical, stick your hand inside the computer case. Is it hot? Does the CPU fan wiggle ot is it solid? Is the GPU fan spinning?

I'ma chime in and vote for heat as well. My wife's computer was having a TON of issues playing some of the newer games. It was a dual core athlon x64 and a gtx260.. finally just couldn't take the heat anymore, started shutting down after 10 minutes in games, finally, one day, flames and sparks out of the power supply.. and it was a 750Watter too...

I haven't had the $$$ to fully replace everything that blew, but she's now on a Phenom X3 (a bit lower power draw than the Athlon), better heat sinks, and unfortunately an 8800GTS since the 260 was un-salvagable.

But yeah.. Heat.

:mad:

The game shuts down my computer after a few minutes of playing, first problem i have had with this game.

Am I the only one having truble after the patch??? :mad:

There is a thread with 1000s of responses of people with the same issue. I doubt its heat for everybody. Id check in there its in the customer service forum.

There is a thread with 1000s of responses of people with the same issue. I doubt its heat for everybody. Id check in there its in the customer service forum.

Well, then it might be a BW bug, but that still doesn't mean it isn't heat. It may very well be the case that whatever changes they made to the graphics this patch (they did make some changes as people are reporting some fps differences) are causing some computers graphics cards to overheat. That is not as uncommon of an occurance as it may sound. Heck, I remember a few years back nVidia released new drivers that physically/permanently broke a lot of gtx260 cards due to an error in the cooling algorithm.

Well, then it might be a BW bug, but that still doesn't mean it isn't heat. It may very well be the case that whatever changes they made to the graphics this patch (they did make some changes as people are reporting some fps differences) are causing some computers graphics cards to overheat. That is not as uncommon of an occurance as it may sound. Heck, I remember a few years back nVidia released new drivers that physically/permanently broke a lot of gtx260 cards due to an error in the cooling algorithm.

From the reports I read, the FPS was increased with the latest patch, at least for some people. So that would mean the video card is working more and causing more heat possibly.

I am having this problem and it's now affecting battlefield 3 and test drive as well. However, older games like Divine Divinity and Atlantica still work fine even under seemingly heavy load...

is my GPU broken or my CPU, or possibly both?

The original post was on the 5th. No patch on the 10th.

And yes there do seem to be some heat issues. With dual monitors, it is a little easier for me to monitor GPU and CPU temps while playing. Using RealTemp and GPU-Z, TOR seems to run about 10degrees Celsius hotter than games you would think would run hotter. i.e. BF3 and Crysis 2 run around 62degrees, versus 72degrees for TOR. (CPU temp tends to be about 4 to 5 degrees lower than the GPU.)

I am having this problem and it's now affecting battlefield 3 and test drive as well. However, older games like Divine Divinity and Atlantica still work fine even under seemingly heavy load...

is my GPU broken or my CPU, or possibly both?

It's hard to tell without getting into your computer; on my experience, GPU issue rarely causes game to dump suddenly or PC to shut down. Usually you see all sorts of artifacts and craziness and then maybe a lockup but it's more gradual over time.

A CPU overheating is more likely.

But there's no way to be sure as unstable conditions with different components manifest differently ; the only way is 'process of elimination'.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.