Great game no MMO

Boggwhoppit

The three games you mentioned are trash. Hopefully SWTOR is nothing like those games.

But I used to love UO. Back before there were ninjas or even paladins and necromancers. There was really "nothing to do" in that game either though unless you made something to do, but thats the beauty of UO. SWTRO is different than UO yet I can still see things being added to make it just as fun or more fun in a modern sense.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not and never will be a MMO

single player is great story and voice overs great multiplay nothing, a few flashpoints heroic a joke , pvp warzones boring and too few ,space combat none less you like starfox.

pvp zones boring and nothing for doing it .

so sorry but a sub for this game is a no no, if it was sold as single play fantastic MMO er nope.

UO, EQ , EVE and a lot more are MMOs , this is a good maybe great game but MMO nope (.

Spot on OP! THis is exactly what i'm feeling but I guess I was in denial cuz I used to be a BW-fan. Unsubbing too now.

How is it not an MMO when I can play and group with hundreds of people? A single player game is just myself. I grouped with plenty of people to do the regular quests just like every other MMO I have played. I don't get why people say it is not an MMO. So what if you RPS through questions sometimes, I am still with other people.

You can play and group with hundreds of people in Diablo 2. Is that an MMO?

I have to agree with this, because I've seen this comment a number of times but have yet to see anyone actually back it up with objective statements of what exactly is missing that makes it not a MMO.

There's a number of flash points, operations and heroic areas in the game, those are the same thing you see in other MMO's.

There's warzones and open world PvP even if it's not real busy yet, it still exists.

There's guilds, the GTN, chat, world bosses, ect...

So what exactly is this game missing that other MMO's have?

Between all the heroics and flashopints i've done more grouping in this game since any MMO since EQ1, but i guess it's not an MMo so that must be in my head.

I've also helped guildies with quests, i'm crafting and making a profit on the AH, Nope not an MMO at all.

HOLY OBTUSE BATMAN

Edited by TheHeadCapper

MMO is a free world in my opinion not a follow the path and go in the line you have been told type of world like i said story great MMO nope and you have no char input no str dex input just click on the set roles boring .

same sets same companions no choice at all unlike other star wars titles.

Guys and gals, really - there is no need to waste time arguing with anyone who attempts the "This is not an MMO" argument.

Of all the complaints, gripes, critiques and observations made around here - this is one of the few completely false, made up, crock of crap arguments out there. It is one of the few arguments which have a very clear wrongness to it.

My guess, these are frustrated people who either - Are not good at socializing and think the LFD type tool is what makes games MMO, OR they are finding that without an LFD tool to protect them; their attitudes are ostracizing themselves; OR they are just frustrated in general and jumping on the broken bandwagon hoping it will suffice and appease their justification for leaving.

THat really is all there is to it. Since stating it is not an MMO is a complete indefensible falsehood.

Enjoy!

This is not and never will be a MMO

single player is great story and voice overs great multiplay nothing, a few flashpoints heroic a joke , pvp warzones boring and too few ,space combat none less you like starfox.

pvp zones boring and nothing for doing it .

so sorry but a sub for this game is a no no, if it was sold as single play fantastic MMO er nope.

UO, EQ , EVE and a lot more are MMOs , this is a good maybe great game but MMO nope (.

Again.. on the Oh hell I lost count thread.

This game has every bit of multiplayer functionality that any other MMO has.

Just because YOU CHOOSE not to group with others doesn't make it any less of an MMO than WoW, EQ, Rift, AoC, DAoC, EvE, FFXI, Aion, and so on.

A few facts,

You can group at any time, no matter where you are.

SWTOR has more Warzones than WoW had Battle grounds at launch.

It has a little less Warzones as Rift has in Warfronts, and we're getting another one this month, it'll effectively be one behind.

The game has, 15 Flashpoints, I'd hardly call that a few.

It has endgame content in the form of operations, one single boss fight and another multi-boss fight complex, which is much more than many other MMOs try to launch with. and I might add it is no less than every WoW expansion to date, including the original game.

Every planet has at the least 4-5 heroic missions that must be done with 3 other group members, sometimes companions can be subbed but real players are always better.

You are actually rewarded for grouping through the social rank system. No other MMO rewards you for being in a group, in fact most punish you by splitting exp but offering little else.

That said, difficulty of anything this game has, has zero bearing on whether or not it is an MMO.

You either choose to group or you don't, it's that simple. NO MMO will force you to group in this day and age. You have to take that step. If you don't, then don't expect to feel the experience of an MMO. It's your shortcoming, not the game's.

Sorry to burst your bubble but SWTOR is a MMO in every sense of the word.

M - It is pretty massive.

M - 350K concurrent users.

O - I do play it online.

I think it's pretty safe to say that SWTOR is an MMO.

Cheers.

Hundreds of thousands of people play counter strike. It has some very big maps and is also played online.

Ok i shall refine it a MMO in MY opion is a wolrd in which i can do what i like build houses go up hills and into woods .

You do not get to define the term MMO based on your opinion.

That would be like me saying I get to decide what an apple is, based on my opinion of what one should be.

Yes i can say what i think is a MMO as it it my opinion

You really don't understand how to debate do you?

You do not get to define terms based on your opinion, not and expect anyone to actually take you seriously... Which if you don't, then fine carry on.

And how many warzones m8 err 3 lol flashpoints maybe at 50 lol. and the is free will is it err no .and as to the you can group if you want to yes if you want to or play solo to 50 lol.

I think it's trying to communicate...

You can level to max solo in WoW and just about every other MMO out there currently...

This. I actually group more in TOR while levelling than in WoW. WoW practically eliminated all group quests; TOR is full of them.