Mounts

DarthTyranik

It seems to me that 40000 credits just to learn to use the speeder is a bit excessive. All those levels to 25 the highest amount of credits I got to was 25,000. Is there some trick to earning greater credits in this game? I obviously had expenses in keeping my armor up around my level as well as paying for new skills.

It seems to me that 40000 credits just to learn to use the speeder is a bit excessive. All those levels to 25 the highest amount of credits I got to was 25,000. Is there some trick to earning greater credits in this game? I obviously had expenses in keeping my armor up around my level as well as paying for new skills.

Don't bother upgrading your armor through crafting or buying off the GTN.

dont spend stuff on crappy professions and gear you dont need as you get perfectly good gear from questing and commendations.

Hello, I felt the same way when I was at around 21. By the time I reached 25, I had enough for the skill and a speeder.

The rewards pay more as you lvl up so at 25 it is not as big a deal as it seems at 20.

There isn't a trick, other than don't spend credits on things you don't need.

I had 80k credits when I hit 25. You knew speeder training was coming up at 25 so you should've been saving. I made sure I only bought skill upgrades that I needed and that I wasn't spending my money on useless crap. It's totally doable, it just needs a bit of planning ahead.

I usually find myself pretty close to 50K credits by the time I hit level 25. The key is to pick up and sell everything, and never buy anything. I only spend my money on three things prior to 25: abilities, the first extra row of inventory, and crew skill training.

I don't even use the auction house. Just vendoring items should give you enough income to purchase a mount close to or at level 25. You get plenty of gear from heroics and flashpoints, so there shouldn't be much need to purchase any unless you are using commendations.

Think how we who bought the upgraded versions of the game feel....we got a "Free" mount only to learn we still had to pay the 40k to use it. WHat a rip off.

I don't recall ever seeing it advertised you would get training with the CE. Suck it up.

Were you leveling crew skills or something? I think I had 40k by 20 or so, then spent about 10k of it on crew skills, then was back to barely 40k by 25. Took a level or two to get the extra 8k to buy a speeder, but overall it wasn't that bad...

Really though, I haven't had any money issues in this game. My recommendation - pick up slicing (all of you who are going to jump in and say slicing doesnt make money, just be quiet...), send your crew on only lockbox missions till your skill is about the level of areas you are in. Then ALWAYS loot the slicing lockboxes/lockers around you as you level. Right now at 31 I get anywhere from 200-800 per lockbox, and they are everywhere. Plus right now at 400, the 30min lockbox missions yield 1500-2500 (costs 1400 per mission), with about a 33% chance for an epic 340 gathering mission that sells for 2-10k.

Think how we who bought the upgraded versions of the game feel....we got a "Free" mount only to learn we still had to pay the 40k to use it. WHat a rip off.

It was known you were going to have to buy the training before the game came out. You let yourself get ripped off.

I was able to easily save up enough by the time I hit 25. My method?

Well, I didn't buy anything (not even med packs) from Vendors. I sold everything that I could not use. I utilized gear obtained from missions whenever I could and bought the occasional non-expensive items from the GTN to fill in the soft spots. I also avoided leveling my crafting too much as that starts to get expensive too.

And please stop calling speeders mounts, for cripes sake!

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Edited by Blackavaar

I don't recall ever seeing it advertised you would get training with the CE. Suck it up.

could be wrong but I detected some sarcasm in his post.

@op I skint myself at 25 buying speeder and orange gear from vendors at the end of the day I had 20k

Edited by Jackobite

Save more, spend less.

Art imitates life.

There are no expenses keeping armor up to level. Mission rewards, piles or commendations, and a few FP runs cost 0 credits.

Edited by Thradar

You also get a warning at level 20 about the cost of the speeder training.

Personally, I think it should be at at 15 with an additional reminder at 20.

Right now, I'm sitting at level 21 with 30k credits. I've gotten all of my credits from questing and slicing (post-Great Slicing Nerf).

Edited by JarenVestrit

I have no idea why 1.) You have to wait 25 levels to get your speeder and 2.) It costs 40,000 credits to train.

Can someone remind me how much it cost to purchase your ship? How many credits did your ship cost. Your ship that flies in space across the galaxy. How much did that cost? How much was the Starship training?

I have no idea why 1.) You have to wait 25 levels to get your speeder and 2.) It costs 40,000 credits to train.

Can someone remind me how much it cost to purchase your ship? How many credits did your ship cost. Your ship that flies in space across the galaxy. How much did that cost? How much was the Starship training?

Starship training and ship costs several million credits. Being a trooper, mine was purchased by the galactic tax payer. Unfortunately, personal speeders aren't covered in mission budgets.

Here is your starship training;

Right mouse button pew pew laser

Left mouse button pew pew missiles

Had 95K credits on my first level 25 character. 88K on my second. 96K on my third. Thats after training and other expenses.

You see a trend there?

It's not hard to get credits in this game and in general, you will have twice as many as you need for training at any given level (give or take a few).

Manage credits wisely and you will always be wealthy in game.

This game literally throws gear at you in the questing system. You may want to buy an piece once in a while to fil a hole, but that should not be often. Bargain shop when you do.

Personally, I LIKE the fact that you don't get your speeder until after 25 levels AND that you have to pay for it. Champions Online gave you your travel power almost immediately. It didn't feel special and you really took it for granted.

Here is your starship training;

Right mouse button pew pew laser

Left mouse button pew pew missiles

You need more training, but I can see how two mouse buttons can be confusing. :D

Edited by Thradar

There seems to be a divide of those who struggle to afford their training and crew skills training and afford things like the speeder training and buying a speeder. And others who have loads of credits without any effort at all.

Played two characters in exactly the same way. Did not shop on GTN, did normal questing and looted everything I came across/killed.

I have found a very different experience on two different chars I'm levelling. The first one was my IA and she struggled to afford training each time she gained a new level plus the crew training skills. Basically she was always broke.

I wasn't amazingly keen on the IA and levelled up my SI instead and found she was never short of credits, could afford each and every step, paid for all my crew skills, my own training and easily afforded the speeder training costs. Even leant 15k to my husband because his BH is always broke even though he hardly does any of his crew skills training. I also made a booboo and accidentally bought a bit of social gear that I meant to inspect. So I wasted 14k as well and still didn't struggle to pay for the various things I needed to.

Now I don't know if this is down to what class you play or whether it's down to what crew skills you choose but I noticed a decided difference between the two and did nothing differently on either.

The IA is an Armstech and the IA is an Artifice. I can't imagine they'd make one skill cost more than the other but I dont' actually know.

My husband has to go and do space missions to be able to afford his training even though he doesn't do much of his skills training.

So really I haven't got a clue. It could purely be random that I gained more credits on one char than another.

Edited by Xerda