Why is craft armor so inferior to welfare pvp epics ?

harkain

Check the rating and stats on them at 50 (or near 50 for crafts) even epic WITH crit proc is inferor to the absolutly ez mode set of champ eq (be 50 and curbstomp pugs all day and ob swap illium ) will get you (with some luck) full pvp in 3 days or so, this eq is superior to the insane effort crit eq/epic recepies at 50(ish) and i am not talking pvp (where the expertise speaks for itself) im talking even in pve.

Its easier for us to gear our chars especially the ones that are soon hitting 60 pvp rank in pvp eq than any other way.

I was unaware craft eq was supose to be lvl and gimp eq only, bottom below dungeon/op then pvp and last craft (which requires far more effort and resources).

I want to see ALL pvp eq NERFED across the board on every stat BUT expertise, this still makes it the best eq for pvp but wont be some sort of free ride full set pvp and pve welfare set for the people with to much time that now manages to abuse non bracketed pvp untill its changed.

This is just one of these little things designers should have thought of and thats just getting people angry. There should never be a situation where EVERY craftskill in game beyond biochem is either meh or inferior.

Edited by harkain

They obviously didn't wanted crafting to be anything else than fun for people between lvl 1 and 49.

But seriously tough: Crafting currently is one big hole missing in the game. Only part of it that seems to be complete is the Biotech. Everything else looks like taken from early alpha version when there was no PvP gear at all, or any rewards from operations/hardmode flashpoints. Cause all of these make craftable goods look like a joke. Not even saying about huge effort and cost involved in gaining Tier 2 gear comparing to several raids or warzone matches needed to get PvP gear (that's: assuming tat random numbers generator won't try to screw you, like it did to many people on the forum)

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

I dunno.... my exactitude carbon fiber belt w/ +defense augment seems to be a bit more effective than the champ sith juggernaut tank spec champion belt.

Or at least, the belt was most certainly not enough of an improvement to justify buying with points.

Simply put.

Crafting is an after thought in TOR. There is no real purpose to it. Everything that is crafted it seems there is a far greater version that can be bought from vendors with credits or comms.

BioWare, forgot about crafting and thus tossed it in just to 'make us happy'. It's basically a quick credit maker. Spend credits, get mats, craft item sell to NPC vendor. Rinse repeat.

Only thing I've been able to sell is Medpacks with any real consistant sales. My artifice crafted items. 10 go up 1 sells 9 go to the NPC or get RE'd for resources. Might just be the server I'm on that's not great for Artifice items.

Another slap in the face i feel is orange gear costing tons to craft but the looks are neither rare or unique so you cant sell them either, basicly they are bad vanity slot items.

The only workable profession is biochem, taking anything else post slicing nerf is pointless.

I now point you all to rush to 50 and curbstomp lowbies untill the bracket change to get your ez mode pvp-all-in-all eq which is the only thing needed untill raid (even hardmode eq is worse most of the time and takes far to long to get)

I agree with OP totally armorcrafting is the single most useless craft skill in the game. Why would I ever buy anything from an amortech other than the unslotted gear? People that play the game for long enough know that moddable gear is the only way to go if you want to be hardcore.

Why? Why cant armortechs craft ARMORMODS!!?!?!?!?!

Why? Why cant armortechs craft SHIPARMORMODS!?!?!?

Hell let us make moddable gear that comes with a armormod...

Another slap in the face i feel is orange gear costing tons to craft but the looks are neither rare or unique so you cant sell them either, basicly they are bad vanity slot items.

The only workable profession is biochem, taking anything else post slicing nerf is pointless.

I now point you all to rush to 50 and curbstomp lowbies untill the bracket change to get your ez mode pvp-all-in-all eq which is the only thing needed untill raid (even hardmode eq is worse most of the time and takes far to long to get)

I have to agree with you. I think they nerfed Slicing too much, I mean I was spending 100 and getting like 200-250 in return. But now I spend 100 and Im lucky to get 105 so its like really? your gonna have me spend 100 creds and give me 105 or sometimes less then what I had to spend?.

I agree with OP totally armorcrafting is the single most useless craft skill in the game. Why would I ever buy anything from an amortech other than the unslotted gear? People that play the game for long enough know that moddable gear is the only way to go if you want to be hardcore.

Why? Why cant armortechs craft ARMORMODS!!?!?!?!?!

Why? Why cant armortechs craft SHIPARMORMODS!?!?!?

Hell let us make moddable gear that comes with a armormod...

cybertech makes all the mods. Armortech makes armor. From what I heard however, none of the craftable armor looks epic or interesting.

I have to agree with you. I think they nerfed Slicing too much, I mean I was spending 100 and getting like 200-250 in return. But now I spend 100 and Im lucky to get 105 so its like really? your gonna have me spend 100 creds and give me 105 or sometimes less then what I had to spend?.

So now it works just like return you get on lock boxes from treasure hunting. I can't imagine why they didn't want a free ATM profession in the game that gimped anyone who didn't take as a profession.

Simply put.

Crafting is an after thought in TOR. There is no real purpose to it. Everything that is crafted it seems there is a far greater version that can be bought from vendors with credits or comms.

BioWare, forgot about crafting and thus tossed it in just to 'make us happy'. It's basically a quick credit maker. Spend credits, get mats, craft item sell to NPC vendor. Rinse repeat.

Only thing I've been able to sell is Medpacks with any real consistant sales. My artifice crafted items. 10 go up 1 sells 9 go to the NPC or get RE'd for resources. Might just be the server I'm on that's not great for Artifice items.

thank you somebody else finally realizes that crating is not needed in here....i see this going F2P like rift and we all well have to drift back to WoW or something...

i just started acquiring raiding patterns from reg and hard mode operations. time will tell if geting to400 will be worth it in the long run. im hoping they patch in some hot bop or boe exclusive skinned patterns that will be highly sought after. for now its pretty worthless. i agree about the biochem. the implants and such are very profitable. cant say the same for my ****** armor no on e wants.

The PvP gear doesn't need to be nerfed at all. If you look at the stats of the PvP gear they aren't any better then if you get a full set of orange gear and load it up with purple enhancements. The only good PvP equipment out there is the battlemaster stuff and you need valor lvl 60 to get and you have to be at lvl 50. I have been trying to grind out valor xp for quite some time and it takes much longer to lvl up valor then it took for me to reach lvl 50. If anything I think the epics in the Flashpoints and Operations need a buff to make them really worth trying to get especially since its near impossible to get a good group together to do a operation with the way the team play is set up in this game.

i just started acquiring raiding patterns from reg and hard mode operations. time will tell if geting to400 will be worth it in the long run. im hoping they patch in some hot bop or boe exclusive skinned patterns that will be highly sought after. for now its pretty worthless. i agree about the biochem. the implants and such are very profitable. cant say the same for my ****** armor no on e wants.

all the patterns/plans are bop and the items are bop hence in actuality they are a BAD epic drop, not only do you have to be the right class but the right crafter and then SPEND mats

The items themself are NOT better than other epic drops so basicly it makes it an epic drop with alot of IF's attached to it.

I dont know what mushroom was smoked when armor crafting was created but i wish BW would be sharing, i guess i should not be supriced though since they only had mythic devs to rely on and they dont do crafting.

I really don't see it. Unless you're buying battlemaster gear, at least for me, my earpiece is far superior from cybertech. It has 6 stats on it plus an augment slot chance. Yes it is less primary stat, but far more of everything else.

all the patterns/plans are bop and the items are bop hence in actuality they are a BAD epic drop, not only do you have to be the right class but the right crafter and then SPEND mats

The items themself are NOT better than other epic drops so basicly it makes it an epic drop with alot of IF's attached to it.

I dont know what mushroom was smoked when armor crafting was created but i wish BW would be sharing, i guess i should not be supriced though since they only had mythic devs to rely on and they dont do crafting.

Please learn about drugs...you dont smoke mushrooms..

well i got a pattern that is bop from ev but the item is boe so i can craft it and make for guildies or sell it. The stats are identical to tionese armor so in essence i can sell it to someone starting out to raid and wants identical tionese bracers without the name. If you want i can get you the pattern name but some items from schematics are bop and others are boe.