Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Jedi ship looks awful

Reeny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that the layout is less than ideal, the Defender is definitely not the worst looking ship in the fleet. I like the red paint, and sometimes I imagine it as an old timey race car, with wheels at the 4 protruding corners. It's not as sleek as the Phantom (I named mine Stiletto), but it's pretty much dead last in my list of Consular concerns that need addressing.

• 2 weeks later...
THIS! There are 2 beds on the ship if we count the med bay, where are all these people sleeping! And I really am glad for Seetoo programming the HVAC system because I have yet to find a bathroom on the ship, let alone a sink!

this, the 2 beds on the ship are, one for the "jedi" and the other one is on the medical room which btw, looks absolutely crap.

There is simple a missteps by bioware, the ship DOESNT HAVE companion beds, like all other ships do.

Also the medical center is garbage, is actually the worst, sith ship has a water tank, as well as IA's, BH which is basically a "figther ship", at least even has two beds on medical bay, jedi ship, is just sooo meh.

the companions beds should be where the "cargo hold" is, and move the cargo to the hangar, but w/e i took my time with long post in beta and BW didnt fix it.

I like the Defender alot, its easier to get around in, looks nice, and I have grown to like the slightly used look the outside has.....

Now having said that, I would like to have the option to change it's colors, mod some of the rooms out, and to be able to name it!!!

Maybe, just maybe it'll be a future add..... (fingers crossed & added to my Bioware/Santa list)

Until that happens, i'll be flying around it the "Drunken Jawa" until the engines fall off it!!!

:jawa_biggrin:

• 1 year later...

I want the ships to be more customizable, but frankly the Defender is my favourite. My only complaints are that it goes to two classes, which is just sad, and that, yes, no beds for the crew. My consular stores the ENTIRE Rift Alliance, plus a full complement of companions, plus Hallow Voice.... seriously, the floor doesn't even have enough room. What am I gonna do? Rent out the maste bedroom to 5 at a time? Sleep in 20minute shifts?

Seriously?

It is perhaps the most annoying thing in the entire game.

havent had a chance to check out the other ships yet as ive only got one JK. but so far i like the design an layout of the Defender, especially the Salon pod on the underside Edited by KorranM

Best ship is the Agent's ship. Worse belongs to the Trooper. I can deal with the layout of the defender but it is an ugly ship. Republic could take a queue from the Empire when it comes to designs. Armor, ships and buildings.

Best ship is the Agent's ship. Worse belongs to the Trooper. I can deal with the layout of the defender but it is an ugly ship. Republic could take a queue from the Empire when it comes to designs. Armor, ships and buildings.

IMO it is obvious that the devs prefer Sith side... all of the Armor, ships and buildings are so much cooler then on Rep side which looks mostly rag tag and beat up. I can understand the Rebel alliance stuff looking this way in the oroginal trilogy as they were outlaws of sorts, but in this timeline it should be the other way around.

I think the Consular ship is ok, buit the Agent and Inquisitor ships are freakin awesome.

While I agree the agent ship looks really cool, I do like the Jedi defender. I find it easy to navigate in. From the bridge, jump over the railing and exit. It's just simple.

I really dislike the looks of the trooper ship and the smuggler ship is way to big and confusing.

Just adding my love of the Defender. It's like a brawny hammerhead shark in space.

The Phantom is a traditionally attractive design. It looks like a fighter, it's sleek with clean lines. But the Agent ship has the luxury of not having any preconceived ideas about what it should look like.

Edited by Master-Nala

Nah defender is cool.... Just one major change to make best ship ever.... Move cargo locker to the basement where is supposed to be the cargo area and make this room crew quarters. This has been commented quite a few times actually. External looks wise is nice and fits a jedi. In fact I think all ships are nicely designed with the exception of the trooper's one.

Just adding my love of the Defender. It's like a brawny hammerhead shark in space.

The Phantom is a traditionally attractive design. It looks like a fighter, it's sleek with clean lines. But the Agent ship has the luxury of not having any preconceived ideas about what it should look like.

Yes the agent's ship is sleek and nice but I think it is inspired from Amidala's ship

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/J-type_327_Nubian_royal_starship

• 3 weeks later...

It looks decent on the outside. Only one I would definitely say is better is the Agent's ship.

However, the best feature of the Jedi ship is definitely the ability to select a destination on the map, turn around, jump over the railing, and exit ship. No walking past annoying ship droids required!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.