Blizz Lovers?

DukSaber

So im trying to use Blizz with a bodyguard spec and im having a hard time keeping him alive. Especially with heavy damage situations. Right now i have him as ranged with a gun but what weapons can he use? Can he go Melee? Is there a certain way you guys are setting up his abilities? Also any gear that is a must have? Where can i get it?

Any help would be great, Thanks!

pretend he is a powertech, gear him up and yes you will have to heal him some, when i use him i generally use him as a hp buff, let him get killed soaking up damage while I kill away, and with the stim's I have I can res him in battle and then he does it again :) ... i think theyare the ultamite stimpacks or something. res's companion, how cool is that.

keeping him geared in endurance defense armor and absorb will give him more life.

I bought him some of the 40 pvp armor that the powertechs would use. The ones with +def, +shield, +absorption, etc. and just upgraded that with new mods as I levelled. Took old orange weapon of mine and put Commando Barrel in it and swapped the mod/enhancement similarly. I thought his survivability was great after that.

I'd like to use Blizz as an Arsenal merc once I get him, but I don't have my hopes high since by Hoth tank companions don't work very well unless you pump them full of heals. I played to 42 in the beta and ended up swapping back to Mako pretty fast just because I could kill more/harder things faster.

pretend he is a powertech, gear him up and yes you will have to heal him some, when i use him i generally use him as a hp buff, let him get killed soaking up damage while I kill away, and with the stim's I have I can res him in battle and then he does it again :) ... i think theyare the ultamite stimpacks or something. res's companion, how cool is that.

keeping him geared in endurance defense armor and absorb will give him more life.

Which stims allow you to rez in combat??? I need some of those...

I <3 :jawa_smile:

He uses a Blaster and Shield for weapons. No melee option.

Give him orange gear, keep the mods up to date with Powertech-ish mods; i.e. Enurance>Aim then whatever you can get with Defense, Absorption, etc. Don't neglect any of his item slots. Get the best you can in them all.

Geared properly he can tank anything, within reason.

Edited by jshupe

Bodyguard spec alone is not enough. You have to gear Blizz up heavily and then you both become unstoppable. I must admit that finding gear upgrades for Blizz has been quite a challenge for me. There's a shortage of sellers on the GTN that sell what I need. I don't PvP, by the way. Edited by BlackRifle

thanks for this,,,i had no idea about the stims. Sounds like you guys are playing healer way different than i was trying to do. I was going like 80% healing 20%dps and just let him do the work. I just respeced so i didnt realize. Im a resto druid in WOW so im used to a healer just healing. Kinda interesting change actually. Im sure ill dps less in end game stuff.

So power shot and what missles then for dps while im healing?