I am not going back to WOW

Lisarn

wow was a social fad that got people playing because it was the thing to do years ago.

its over, and every new mmo that comes out is plagued at launch by these people who never should have played an MMO to begin with.

It completely sucks that they have affected the industry and design process of new games.

they need to either go back to WOW or go play Farmville or something on Facebook.

MMO's should be played with longevity in mind , that fact that all these people CLAIM they are unsubbing after a few weeks in a game design to be played over many years is all the proof you need.

wow was a social fad that got people playing because it was the thing to do years ago.

its over, and every new mmo that comes out is plagued at launch by these people who never should have played an MMO to begin with.

It completely sucks that they have affected the industry and design process of new games.

they need to either go back to WOW or go play Farmville or something on Facebook.

MMO's should be played with longevity in mind , that fact that all these people CLAIM they are unsubbing after a few weeks in a game design to be played over many years is all the proof you need.

I completely agree with your last sentence here. One thing I always hated about wow was how you completely toss away all your gear every few months with each new patch, only to farm all new stuff.

My favorite online game to date was final fantasy xi. Getting endgame gear in that game (I quit in 2008 so I am speaking of that time and earlier) was quite time consuming, but it wasn't outdated in a few months, or even years in most cases. The game felt like the more time you spent playing it, the farther along you got. The downside was that new players had a hard time getting in the door. Older players had so many more class options leveled, gear, money to buy that gear and game knowledge that trying to play catch up was near impossible.

i wont go back to wow, since they sent me that letter that says my account was banned for gold farming 6 months after i cancelled the account. there is no way i was actually gold farming on my toon, since when i played i was perpetually broke and then six months later im gold farming. screw them, all for a ploy to get me to buy a authenticator from them so they gave away my account info to a gold farmer, no thanks.

See... Heres a positive thread, my viewpoint of SWTOR is BW did what they did do for a reason and did what they should've done for a reason, in the end it shall work out or Malgus will knock on their door.

Correction: you're not going back to WoW...yet

If I quit this game I probably wouldn't go back to WoW, as a heads up. I probably would just not play any MMOs.

Saying "go back to wow" isn't a compelling argument in any respect by the way. If you think someone is wrong, tell them and everyone else WHY you think they're wrong.