Europe Awakes

KakitaHoshi

It has been suggested before that the EU can be more civilised than it's American counterparts. However having played WoW and suffered all sorts of abuse on their English EU forums I'd have to say it's just pot luck.

I do think SWTOR are far hotter on their moderation of nasty comments and act quicly on flagged posts.

But on the whole yes I do think we've maintained a very civilised tone and long may it last :)

No kidding, i got my first warning already just for the sentence "The trolls are going rampant in this thread". Nid to stay away from the forums once i'm actually in the game tbh.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ignore people who are rude and are trying to get attention...

Focus on the subject instead..

Will or will not Bioware take Europe Timezone into consideration when the game is launched on the 20th or will we suffer due to server downtime during US Timezone??

Edited by icrusoe

At least the thread is getting bumped.

They might actually read it , give it a short thought and............./care.

Maybe we will get a gold reply, but i fear ... it will be something like "We really care about our beloved EU players, you guys are always in our minds and hearts .... blah blah blah" as i said before, im sure we will have EU maintenance timeframes ... at some point down the road, but not any soon.

Just ignore people who are rude and are trying to get attention...

Focus on the subject instead..

Will or will not Bioware take Europe Timezone into consideration when the game is launched on the 20th or will we suffer due to server downtime during US Timezone??

I don't think they will take Europe Timezone into consideration when the game is launched on the 20th.

But I think they will have to at a later date.

I love this British guy named Jeremi Clarkson (hope I write it well) I read all his books and watched all his programs... AND I LOVE HOW HE IS ******** americans :) They lack of culture and wisdom about everything besides US... and here we have great example of it so just lol at this :)

Clarkson...Such an embarrassment to the entirety of the UK...

Maybe you should .... *deep breath*

EA is selling in EU, no one is forcing them to do it, they could have made the game only available to USA, but they didnt, so if they decided that EU money is as good as USA money, then they have to give us the full package

I believe BW is based in Canada, not in the USA – anyways considering that Montreal has managed to entice just about every large studio over to Canada in the last years (destroying a few countries gaming industries I might add ( UK/Denmark ) for example) I think it is safe to say that there are a load of Europeans that have worked on this game.

Maybe my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I seem to recall other MMOs of the past having EU server maintenance according to US schedule for at least several months after launch (or even longer). Example would be EQ2 (pretty sure that they followed US schedule)

I really hope that isn't the case here, as it would mean they might take the servers down when most people are actually getting off work in Europe.

- Elim

The fact that in the BETA I HAD to roll on a French server is extremely lame. I'm not from UK, not FR, not GE. But I can speak and write fluent English, why did BW/EA thought I (and all the countries not the above) should roll on a non-english server?

Moreover the fact that EU servers are underused is just plain stupid... I have no problem with EGA staggering but so many hours of hardware not doing anything -not even monitoring- is a waste!

I don't think they will take Europe Timezone into consideration when the game is launched on the 20th.

But I think they will have to at a later date.

So they've planned this game for over 2 years and not once stopped to think:

"We might need to make sure Europeans don't get punished because of time difference"

To not have this allready done at launch is not really thought through is it?? (if that is the case I mean) :p

Maybe my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I seem to recall other MMOs of the past having EU server maintenance according to US schedule for at least several months after launch (or even longer). Example would be EQ2 (pretty sure that they followed US schedule)

I really hope that isn't the case here, as it would mean they might take the servers down when most people are actually getting off work in Europe.

- Elim

Really I like people who compare new games with 6 - 10 years old games and think like its ok because during 10 years nothing changed... what about compare it with lets say with Cataclysm release? Server were aviable for 10 milion players in same time, zones full of people everywhere, noone had problems to find people for group quests, servers were stable.

Meanwhile bioware send us in small waves where you play more like some single player game instead of MMO.

Don't be ridiculous. We, in Europe, pay the same money as you for the game and will be paying the same subscription fee. That entitles us to exactly the same level of service as the US.

Even without stating the above, your point would only be valid if this thread was objecting to the game being US exclusive (which would of course be untrue and is not the subject of this thread) as that would be BioWare's call as regards the launch market and, with them being US based, would make sense logistically albeit not financially. As it stands, however, there are multiple launch markets for which BioWare has an equal duty of care as regards customer service. Please, take your ignorant xenophobia elsewhere.

I was replying to the previous reply above mine, not the thread. Also "Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories!" Multiple launch markets for multiple launch dates, which makes the US exclusive and nulls your point. If you do not like it move to America, or stop whining.

Edited by JohnAyala

just imagin how hard the US guys would rage if they would seperate it..

because then US does not get to play it first

maybe they would start a new war or something

is it wrong i am imagining this. EU is being invaded because they got to play the game first?

I was replying to the previous reply above mine, not the thread. Also "Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America and on December 22, 2011 in the European Launch Territories!" Multiple launch markets for multiple launch dates, which nulls your point. If you do not like it move to America, or stop whining.

Actually, that date has since changed. The game now launches on the same date in both timezones. I think I'll hold off on moving to America until you've fact-checked your information properly.