Crit Rating/Power/Surge

SirCryptz

Hello Everyone!

Well I have a question. What would you say is better? For getting up to 50 ATM. Crit Rating or Power and later on Surge? Also, what does Power/Surge do per say? I know that Str should be my 1st and overall choice but I do not fully understand Power. Thank-you

110% acc > power > surge > crit.

If you never would PvE forget about the 110% acc part, then its completely debatable on what role you want to play and which spec.

as this guy said, also note that everything but power suffers from diminishing returns. I don't know the exact values from the top of my head, but base crit rating seems to be capped at ~40% and surge ~80-90%, while power will always keep increasing your damage.

What you actually want depends on your spec also, a carnage or rage marauder for example would prefer surge to crit, because his best attack will be a forced crit anyway, while an anni marauder could want to get more crits in (I would advice against it though).

It depends on what spec you are and what you gear currently is.

However, I will say that unless higher level mods/enhancements become available it won't be worth it to replace the mods already in gear.

All the gear has a balance of stats, which I have a feeling will probably be more than ideal.

For my thoughts on the matter read the Carnage/Annihilation portion of my guide.

Edited by Kibaken

as this guy said, also note that everything but power suffers from diminishing returns. I don't know the exact values from the top of my head, but base crit rating seems to be capped at ~40% and surge ~80-90%, while power will always keep increasing your damage.

What you actually want depends on your spec also, a carnage or rage marauder for example would prefer surge to crit, because his best attack will be a forced crit anyway, while an anni marauder could want to get more crits in (I would advice against it though).

This. It does not take a lot of crit/surge rating at all to get a decent amount. I have a 21 percent critical multiplier from 151 surge rating. That's not very much at all. It suffers horrible DR with the use of trinkets/adrenals.

Power is just too good at the moment. With adrenals/trinkets popped, I rock about 1200 power, and that gives me a bonus damage equivalent to what 1400 STR gives me. It's pretty ridiculous.

This. It does not take a lot of crit/surge rating at all to get a decent amount. I have a 21 percent critical multiplier from 151 surge rating. That's not very much at all. It suffers horrible DR with the use of trinkets/adrenals.

Power is just too good at the moment. With adrenals/trinkets popped, I rock about 1200 power, and that gives me a bonus damage equivalent to what 1400 STR gives me. It's pretty ridiculous.

so you saying that i should stop with criticals once i hit 21 % cirt multiply?

and focus on power, even though im anh?

If you're rage. Crit > Surge > Power.

Guaranteed one crit, isnt the same as the rest of your damage moves being able to crit. Surge to 100% After that it suffers diminishing returns, but not before 100%.

As for power. Power is the lowest scaling per point value that we have, the more you dump into it, the more you lose viability in other stats.