Can I get a havesting skill at level 1.

Solomace

Hi all,

I am reading on some forums that you can get straight to the republic fleet and pick up a harvesting skill (say Bio) and start havesting straight away.

I tried to do this but I cannot get to the fleet.

Do I have to wait until I finish my starter planet before I can get there?

Many thanks.

It used to be that if you knew where the fleet shuttle was, you could rush ahead and get your crew professions right away. From some threads on the forum, it sounds like in the last day or two they may have stealth-nerfed this, and keep you from going to the fleet until you finish the starter story-line, presumably as a method to keep down some of the gathering exploiters out there.

Some people were creating level-1 toons and running straight out to end-game zones to harvest a few easy-to-get nodes, over and over.

It used to be that if you knew where the fleet shuttle was, you could rush ahead and get your crew professions right away. From some threads on the forum, it sounds like in the last day or two they may have stealth-nerfed this, and keep you from going to the fleet until you finish the starter story-line, presumably as a method to keep down some of the gathering exploiters out there.

Some people were creating level-1 toons and running straight out to end-game zones to harvest a few easy-to-get nodes, over and over.

You can't get to end game zones without your ship which you get when you finish your capital world.

• 3 weeks later...
Bit of a necro, but when I searched for this topic, this is what I found. You do not need to finish your class quest at the current time. When I noticed that my crew window button on the menu bar lit up at level 8, I tried to get to the fleet and did so without problem. I was probably 75% complete with my class quest on Ord Mantell.