This game is amazing

pacomoixa

I've been playing this game since release and the baffling flaming its getting from some people led me to type 'SWTOR is amazing' into google and this came up.

I'm here to confirm that SWTOR is amazing.

Its basically KOTOR/DAO (which the internet likes) in the star wars universe (which people also like) that you can share with friends and other people on the net.....whats not to like?

I have to admit i've only ever tried other MMO's, none of which i've enyoyed, so perhaps some sort of genre fatigue? Personally, this is exactly what i wanted to play when trying other MMO's to be honest.

...sometimes it seems to me that unneccesary hatred and flaming on the internet seems to build and spread with certain games ...you could kind of see it happening before SWTOR was even released.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect all the 'this is great' fawning is coming from people who played KOTOR I and II but have never actually played an MMO and really do not realize what is in store for them in this monthly subscription based single-player non-game.

I suspect all the 'this is great' fawning is coming from people who played KOTOR I and II but have never actually played an MMO and really do not realize what is in store for them in this monthly subscription based single-player non-game.

SWTOR will go F2P in 6 - 12 months

Edited by Juntts

I disagree.

- UI lag/unresponsiveness is game breaking in pvp/end game raiding where split seconds mean the difference between victory or defeat. I can blame several deaths and group wipes on abilities not registering upon use. :rolleyes:

- The game environment is essentially dozens of isolated boxes connected by embarrassingly long loading screens and dead, unnecessary space with elevators (orbital stations/hallways to and from your ship, etc). It doesn't even feel like an MMO world which totally kills it for me.

- The chat functionality is crap in so many ways.

The rest of my issues will be argued by others to be preference and opinion so I won't even get into them, but the first two complaints I listed cannot be denied by anyone - except the blind BW fanboys I'm sure. And to all the clowns who use the 'THE GAME IS JUST RELEASED!!' nonsense (like the poster above me), don't really understand the scope of the situation. I started closed game testing back in early August, and the UI issues I mentioned were there. That's HALF A YEAR AGO. Get it now?!

UI - Please, PLEASE LEARN THE DEFINITION OF GAME BREAKING >:o!!! UGH, people use that for any problem they have, but unless you LITERALLY (yes, literally, I actually mean literally) can't play the game, then it IS NOT GAME BREAKING >:o!!! Game breaking means it breaks the game, not it makes the game less enjoyable, not it makes you want to quit the game, it means that you CANNOT PLAY THE GAME with whatever issue you brought up. Which it may be difficult to play, but as long as you can still play (even at a huge disadvantage) it is not game breaking.

Game Environment - That is opinion as well though. It does not at all feel like that to me, I like the way it is. The loading screens may be long, but you only have to load the planet one time, then no more loading screens for that planet. All in all, that's not too bad.

Chat Functionality - Yes, yes it most certainly is. Not to mention, why do my chat settings keep getting reset?

For the record, the game was just released so, it really can't be nonsense as it makes perfect sense... Though I doubt that's what you intended to say. People just don't know what words or phrases mean these days :/.

what exactly is in store for me? I can cancel my supscription whenever i get sick of it.

Its true i don't really know what to expect with the endgame content, but i've got many hours of the different classes to enjoy for now, which so far has been more than worth the entrance fee.

With my limited experience i can see your point though, interest could easily tail off once people have milked the different classes.

There's a lot of talk about new content incoming though.....

what exactly is in store for me? I can cancel my supscription whenever i get sick of it.

Its true i don't really know what to expect with the endgame content, but i've got many hours of the different classes to enjoy for now, which so far has been more than worth the entrance fee.

With my limited experience i can see your point though, interest could easily tail off once people have milked the different classes.

There's a lot of talk about new content incoming though.....

Seeing as they're already about to release a new Flashpoint, I'd say end game isn't going to be SO terrible. Once they get a couple things checked, you may be looking forward to new content every 2 or 3 months to play, not to mention all the normal end game stuffs. Once they make Ilum PvP worth it, I don't think I'll ever leave (which they claim they'll be done with this month).

Just for the record, the current end game isn't horrible (look at Vindictus, SUN, STO, Rappelz), but it's not good either. That don't bother me though, I have a level 50, 43, and 37. I intend to play at least 2 more of the classes before I even start worrying about endgame.

Thank you, BioWare for creating this wonderful game. As a long time MMO player, this is some of the most fun I've ever had. I know you've worked hard on this game and it shows.

Are there a few things that need to be tweaked? Sure. But I know you are diligently working on fixing what needs to be fixed and I continue to enjoy playing a game that has potential to be the best MMO of all time.

Keep it up, guys, and thanks again. Thanks for making me forget a certain "World" that I never plan to return to.

Good Hunting,

Muneca

Kinrath Spider (Empire)

Well said and I happen to agree and hoping that Bioware rakes in profit to keep shareholders off their back so they can focus on making it even better.

This game has more than enough fanboys and biodrones for that to probably not happen.

Love how if you happen to like the game, you're automatically a Biodrone or a fanboy. If you don't like the game however, you're a sensible, intelligent person who is clearly in the right.

I disagree.

- UI lag/unresponsiveness is game breaking in pvp/end game raiding where split seconds mean the difference between victory or defeat. I can blame several deaths and group wipes on abilities not registering upon use. :rolleyes:

- The game environment is essentially dozens of isolated boxes connected by embarrassingly long loading screens and dead, unnecessary space with elevators (orbital stations/hallways to and from your ship, etc). It doesn't even feel like an MMO world which totally kills it for me.

- The chat functionality is crap in so many ways.

The rest of my issues will be argued by others to be preference and opinion so I won't even get into them, but the first two complaints I listed cannot be denied by anyone - except the blind BW fanboys I'm sure. And to all the clowns who use the 'THE GAME IS JUST RELEASED!!' nonsense (like the poster above me), don't really understand the scope of the situation. I started closed game testing back in early August, and the UI issues I mentioned were there. That's HALF A YEAR AGO. Get it now?!

1st point, never seen it. Second and third points ARE opinions and NOT FACT (look up the definitions of fact and opinions kthx.). And yes, THE GAME JUST GOT RELEASED. Maybe YOU don't like the UI features but MOST of us don't give a damn.

I've heard rumours of huge groups of WoW/4Chan trolls going to review sites, and this site in particular, and making threads dedicated to bashing the game. Which does seem plausable to me. Edited by davegl