The ANTI LFD and LFR tool thread!

sithlordcip

You must be incredibly lucky, because the ratio of decent human beings to human filth on earth alone is like 1 decent human being for every 1 million terrible people.

If you truly believe that why do you care one way or another if LFD gets put in?

Edited by Sneakymcstab

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think neither side of this argument are a majority. But then we only tend to tune in to those who share similar views and disregard the rest.

I think spamming general or the current /who is useless. I would like to see a tool introduced as various other MMOs have. The current system may work for some but there are also people it doesn't work for. Being told rudely to shut up and not use general to form a group because there isn't the right mix available or groups having to give up because they can't form the right combination is frankly not fun.

But that's my opinion.

If they are sitting around in a chat they aren't questing either.

With a LFD tool you can go out and quest while you wait for your queue to pop.

Without, you are at the fleet spamming for a group, NOT questing.

Your logic about questing and such makes no sense.

As far as your experience, I've had that happen a handful of times. I have also had it happen a handful of times before LFG.

Once again

If spamming general to find groups is the only methodology you can think of to find groups in the current system, I can understand why many of you don't seem to understand what the strength of a good community is.

If you are the ones sitting in general spamming for groups, you're the disease, not the cure.

Did you know there's a /say channel? Try it sometime when in close proximity of other players.

If you truly believe that why do you care one way or another if LFD gets put in?

When these sorts of folks say they don't want to ruin the game's community, they actually mean they don't want their personal sphere ruined.

If a game has bad players, the game has bad players. LFD doesn't change that, it only makes it easier for people who are phobic of dealing with sub-par players to ruin into them.

I'll quote myself

I'm beginning to understand where the problem exists for you people.

It exists between your chair and keyboard.

So why don't you explain it instead of just quoting yourself which doesn't explain anything and goes on about a rant of questing, which has nothing to do with LFD. If you group with guildies, then the LFD tool vs spamming chat is moot because you are not using either tool.

Bring on the insults, bro. Everyone knows that when people resort to insults, that just means they're winning the argument.

It's not an insult.

You sit in general spamming LFG messages, do you not? Is that not exactly what you've said time and time again?

Then you're the problem.

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

Once again

If you are the ones sitting in general spamming for groups, you're the disease, not the cure.

Did you know there's a /say channel? Try it sometime when in close proximity of other players.

/say is currently broken, there are no chat bubbles appearing over anyone's head.

It's very easy to miss /say messages.

When these sorts of folks say they don't want to ruin the game's community, they actually mean they don't want their personal sphere ruined.

If a game has bad players, the game has bad players. LFD doesn't change that, it only makes it easier for people who are phobic of dealing with sub-par players to ruin into them.

Look, you never had a server community destroyed by LFD. I get it. You've never experienced this. You don't know what it's like. You can't empathize.

I have. I don't want it to happen again.

Obviously I cannot express it properly to someone without the proper frame of reference, which you lack.

Once again

What the hell is the difference if I'm spamming /1 or talking in /say?

It's not an insult.

You sit in general spamming LFG messages, do you not? Is that not exactly what you've said time and time again?

Then you're the problem.

That's not an insult, it's a statement of fact.

So you're saying no one should be allowed to PUG.

Sorry, but that's stupid.

Once again

How is that any different than spamming General?

"Excuse me Ma'am. Are you looking to run ABC FP right now? I sure could use some help"

So you're saying no one should be allowed to PUG.

Sorry, but that's stupid.

No, I'm saying PuGs are a step to joining a guild.

PuGs are what you do as you progress towards having a group of people you play with.

PuGs aren't supposed to be how you experience content forever.

A good PuG should make you want to recruit the people in the PuG or join their guild.

/say messages show up in the exactly same place as /general messages.

Really guys?

REALLY?

/say is a spacial chat. It doesn't work beyond a certain distance.

When I'm out in the world questing, and I don't need anything from general chat, I don't pay much attention to the chat box. Most people don't.

/say is a spacial chat. It doesn't work beyond a certain distance.

When I'm out in the world questing, and I don't need anything from general chat, I don't pay much attention to the chat box. Most people don't.

What accident destroyed your peripheral vision?

Snowball detach your retina or something?

Were your born without peripheral vision?

Look, you never had a server community destroyed by LFD. I get it. You've never experienced this. You don't know what it's like. You can't empathize.

I have. I don't want it to happen again.

Obviously I cannot express it properly to someone without the proper frame of reference, which you lack.

I've never experienced it either, yet I played games before and after they got LFD. Personal experience varies of course, mine seems to have been better than yours over the years.

/say messages show up in the exactly same place as /general messages.

Really guys?

REALLY?

Because people looking to join a group are usually paying more attention to their chat than someone out questing.

What the hell is the difference if I'm spamming /1 or talking in /say?

It is the difference between standing in a crowded supermarket shouting that you want to talk to someone or starting a conversation with someone waiting on the same bus.

Can you link to some sort of study that shows how copy+pasting "LFM FOR HAMMER STATION" removes all sense of anonymity from a person and transforms them into a social butterfly?

You might just be right, bro. When I use the LFG system in WoW, I feel like a super-anonymous jerk who wants to ninja and grief. But when I say "Need a tank for Esseles", I feel like everyone knows who I am. I find myself looking out my window, paranoid. I feel so exposed. I better behave myself!

can you link to some official study that proves a lfd tool actually destroys a mmo community???

PuGs are what you do as you progress towards having a group of people you play with.

A good PuG should make you want to recruit the people in the PuG or join their guild.

Sometimes people are in small guilds. They may not have a ton of people on at a given time and maybe they don't want to grow a bigger guild. Bottom line is even people in guilds pug from time to time. Even in guilds I am always going to pug. Now whether or not I pug as a tank or healer that is a different story. ;)

I'm already in a guild. I can't often form a full group from the people in the guild. Many of them are out of my level range. When it's very early in the day, or very late, it's even harder to pull together a group.

What's my solution?

"Sorry guys, I'm leaving. You're all very nice and good folks, but I need a bigger pool of people to draw from in order to make up for the crap LFG system in this game?"

Exactly. Pugs typically tend to have less coordination, less strategy then guild/organized groups.

If 99% of the groups running content are pugs then there are more groups failing content. That leads to devs being forced to "nerf" the content making the game easier and easier

imo your argument is bullcrap OP. spending 40minutes spamming general looking for a group for a flashpoint and sending the desperate dps who pst'd you immediately to planets to spam is is not reasonable. I couldn't care less about the 'spirit of the community'. I just want to do the bloody flashpoints.