See this game wont go F2P

The_Eyesight

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR will die because of it's core design flaw

SWTOR is a WoW clone with less areas and more linearity. The question you have to ask is, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't? Voice over? REALLY? And i don't know if you've noticed but the cinematics and overall gameplay is TRAMPLED by actual single player games. In single player games, the world changes because of your actions. In SWTOR everything remains the same.

So SWTOR fails as a single player game AND as an MMO, either way you have to pay 15 dollars a month

Plain and simple. And i don't know if you've noticed, but peak times have gone from 16 full servers to 2 full servers.

Oh BTW, don't worry about SWTOR going F2P, EA is too proud to do something like that. Look at Warhammer for instance

Edited by Blackwater

I didn't realize making more money counts as failure these days.

The very fact that the game was forced to go to F2P is indicative of failure. They don't go from subscription-based to F2P unless they're making markedly less money than they expected to.

3 weeks and they already are fixing major issues.

Tbh , good job to bioware , hat off for them

Would've been better if they had addressed the issues before release. Glad we're paying for the beta though, thats cool. Hey at least they were able to get it out before Christmas though, thats the important thing :rolleyes:

SWTOR will die because of it's core design flaw

SWTOR is a WoW clone with less areas and more linearity. The question you have to ask is, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't? Voice over? REALLY? And i don't know if you've noticed but the cinematics and overall gameplay is TRAMPLED by actual single player games. In single player games, the world changes because of your actions. In SWTOR everything remains the same.

So SWTOR fails as a single player game AND as an MMO, either way you have to pay 15 dollars a month

Plain and simple. And i don't know if you've noticed, but peak times have gone from 16 full servers to 2 full servers.

Oh BTW, don't worry about SWTOR going F2P, EA is too proud to do something like that. Look at Warhammer for instance

I agree with SWTOR never going F2P due to EA. But seriously: WoW is non-linear? It's linear as hell man... I'd indeed MUCH rather have voice-acting and 1 main path while leveling, than having no story what-so-ever and having sometimes 2(!!) different level 40-50 areas and crap like that.

How many times have you actually laughed whilst leveling during WoW? 10 times tops? Due to funny bugs, ganks, or crazy quests (especially later expansions). I've LOL'd a whole lot more during my leveling in SWTOR so far.

PVP isn't better or worse, both need tweaking.

And in every other aspect its not ''more'' or ''less'' MMO than WoW ever was/will be. It just has less content, which makes sense.

can someone link those "sneak peaks"? I still suck at finding anything on this homepage and forums...

also, in most of the cases, F2P turns in a lot more money than monthly sub...

It's sticked right on general. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75980

F2P turns a lot more money than monthly sub AT THE TIME OF THE TRANSITION. Monthly sub has to plummet before a game decides to go F2P.

They go F2P when they can't expect box sales anymore and there aren't enough subs to sustain the game. It is a sign of failure and a way out of that failure at the same time.

With a release this bad, they'll likely break the game further trying to "fix" things or make further excuses. The game will then go F2P.

Talk is cheap.

This is bad? Most MMO's would count this release as "good". SWG had an awful release day, WoW was laggy as hell everywhere you went. Conan had game-breaking bugs (the stats on items didn't actually apply to the character). If you read the patch notes, you'll see a lot of fixes and while they are largely minor, that is because there aren't many serious bugs.

I agree with SWTOR never going F2P due to EA. But seriously: WoW is non-linear? It's linear as hell man... I'd indeed MUCH rather have voice-acting and 1 main path while leveling, than having no story what-so-ever and having sometimes 2(!!) different level 40-50 areas and crap like that.

How many times have you actually laughed whilst leveling during WoW? 10 times tops? Due to funny bugs, ganks, or crazy quests (especially later expansions). I've LOL'd a whole lot more during my leveling in SWTOR so far.

PVP isn't better or worse, both need tweaking.

And in every other aspect its not ''more'' or ''less'' MMO than WoW ever was/will be. It just has less content, which makes sense.

Really? WoW is linear? The fact that most WoW zones are bigger than SWTORs planets are? The fact that you can FLY ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME (Without getting banned I might add)? THAT'S linear?

Tell me. How many times will you do Coruscant before wanting to smash your computer? It was about 3 times for me.

And guess what, you'll follow that SAME progression path in ALL of your characters. And ALL your characters will share 80% of the quests

Not to mention:

-No dungeon finder

-ACTUAL social hubs that don't cram every FP and Raid into ONE area

-Less bugs

-Better quests (Retaking cities, driving tanks, etc. In SWTOR you just talk to someone. Kill. Talk. Kill. Talk. Walk to another area to TALK SOME MORE)

-More classes

-Better UI

The list goes on. So I ask again, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't?

Edited by Blackwater

With a release this bad, they'll likely break the game further trying to "fix" things or make further excuses. The game will then go F2P.

Talk is cheap.

What the hell are you talking about? How can fixing the game break the game? .... Obvious troll is obvious,

Really? WoW is linear? The fact that most WoW zones are bigger than SWTORs planets are? The fact that you can FLY ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME (Without getting banned I might add)? THAT'S linear?

Tell me. How many times will you do Coruscant before wanting to smash your computer? It was about 3 times for me.

And guess what, you'll follow that SAME progression path in ALL of your characters. And ALL your characters will share 80% of the quests

Not to mention:

-No dungeon finder

-ACTUAL social hubs that don't cram every FP and Raid into ONE area

-Less bugs

-Better quests (Retaking cities, driving tanks, etc. In SWTOR you just talk to someone. Kill. Talk. Kill. Talk. Walk to another area to TALK SOME MORE)

-More classes

-Better UI

The list goes on. So I ask again, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't?

Its new and hasnt been ruined by too many level cap raises, new classes, gear becoming obsolete over and over, and so on and so forth.

Regardless of how "clean" you may think WoW is the fact of the matter is that its a watered down, mudflated, shadow of its former self.

MMO's all have a shelf life and naturally degrade as more and more content is released.

There is no way around this.

Edited by skrill