The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why do you hate Vette?

Belarrasus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immaturity, for one thing. She comes off as a we bit too youngish for my tastes. Romancing someone like that is too creepy for me, Ugh. I've expressed the other reasons elsewhere, though I don't particularly "hate" her. Edited by ProsaicProse

I absolutely love Vette's character, even from the get-go. (I'm always a sucker for the mouthy, sarcastic character who, when you get to the heart of the matter, are good where it counts- which is why I also love Doc and Kira Carsen.)

I would love if I could romance Vette with my SW, but unfortunately SGRAs aren't in-game, as my SW is a LS Sith Pureblood. *sigh*

All well, in any case I see Vette, for RP purposes, as a sister-figure to my SW, with a deep bond of trust and loyalty binding them together. But, in my fanfictions of my SW, there are no limits to the love growing between them- whether they like it or not! :p

... Vette's awesome.

Edited by RepublicGurl

I like Vette, though exactly why she continues to hang out with you if you take her collar off is a mystery. She hates it when you defer to Imperials/Sith, hates it when you follow Baras' orders, hates it when you kill anyone, ever (Mako and Ashara, also LS companions, will make exceptions depending on the situation). Basically she seems to not like anything about what you are, but simply doesn't leave. She's kind of like a reverse Kaliyo (anti-authoritarian sociopath partners with the most patriotic class in the game!). Honestly, I feel like, personal alignment aside, it would make more sense storywise if she and Kaliyo were to switch places.

I mean, I'm predominately a LS warrior (well, I'm actually neutral, but that's because I make up for my LS decisions with Diplomacy most of the time >_> ), and she still complains about what I do, though she also apparently has the hots for me (wut?).

Also, lol@ the 'most people play republic to be good' bit way back in the thread. Clearly you have never seen all the red sabers over there. :p

• 2 months later...

She is plain and simply annoying. Her yapping, her constant firing at everything but what you want her to fire on... gah..

The only good thing that comes out of her is laughing when i get the chance to shock her.

I much prefer 2V-R8. Quiet and does the job.

Edited by Inokis

I don't hate Vette. Even my Marauder doesn't hate Vette. When he knew that he was going to be stuck with Vette he decided to make the most out of the situation by removing the collar in an attempt to help sway her more to my Marauder's way of thinking. He saw her as useful and as a tool so he did defend her in an attempt to sway her more to create a greater sense of loyalty towards my Marauder. She has some useful things to say at times but she's more like someone I'd like to bend a bit more to my Marauder's way of thinking (much like Ashara needs to bend more to my Assassin's way of thinking).

So, in the end, Vette rejected me because I wanted both DS JAesa and Vette so my Marauder chose DS Jaesa even though he would have preferred to have both as his play things. It was just that DS Jaesa was more willing. My Marauder has a tolerance and some respect for Vette but still sees her as the slave who he's still trying to work on manipulating more to his way of thinking.

As for DS Jaesa, she thinks more like my Marauder so I just couldn't resist her.

The title is the question, after seeing how everyone really bags on this companion I was just wondering...why?

Personally, I like her companion quest/storyline. She is my second-favorite companion, second to Pierce (crudeness is epic). I wonder why eveyone even prefers darkside sadistic pyscho-witch Jaesa to her as a romance option. I mean unless you're into that :tran_smile:

I love Vette, I have no idea what you are talking about. In fact, she is the only companion that I bother with the story at this point and I have over 9000 affection with her.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Vette because she has all the traits of an acid spinster:

-when you try to make a funny joke she is dismissive or condescending

-she cannot go beyond her own point of view and so she will only appreciate you when you share her own opinion

-she cannot understand the contest in which you are moving

-she always think about being elsewhere but in the end she stays there because she knows she cannot stand on her own

-most of the times, the only reasonable way to interact with her is by brute force.

I hate Vette because she has all the traits of an acid spinster:

-when you try to make a funny joke she is dismissive or condescending

-she cannot go beyond her own point of view and so she will only appreciate you when you share her own opinion

-she cannot understand the contest in which you are moving

-she always think about being elsewhere but in the end she stays there because she knows she cannot stand on her own

-most of the times, the only reasonable way to interact with her is by brute force.

You were dead wrong with the first bullet point. Unless you have some super secret version of Vette that the rest of us don't have. Because this doesn't describe how Vette is in game at all.

Edited by Dharnell

As I understand it, if her collar is on and you are generally mean to her, she is much less approving of you in general than if it is off and you are nice to her.

For example, most evil sith who leave her collar on, she doesn't like it when they try to intimidate people and often doesn't like it when they're smart asses.

Me? I took her collar off as soon as it gave me the option, am generally light side and nice to her, and she ALWAYS approves of me intimidating people and being a smart ***.

Except

to her sister. Her sister said "No women, no couples, and no I don't want an argument" or something like that. I responded, jokingly, "Wait, let's talk about the no couples policy" and she disapproved.

Also, VETTE IS AWESOME.

Edited by E-Zekiel

I actually really like Vette... But yeah, I can see why people don't like her. She whines, she complains, she acts like a spoiled little kid sometimes... I like that, personally - I think she's funny and a dynamic personality, but it's clear why she grates on people.