The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE tank spec

Derekbill

I do take it for the PvP aspect. I find I don't shield nearly enough to get the 50% heat vent, mainly because PvP armor has little to no shielding. My spec looks like this. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GorrdMdogzZMsbM.1

The unfortunate part in this is you miss the 6 second quell, which is amazing for pvp. However, I've found the build is pretty durable, even though I'm only lvl 40.

I do take it for the PvP aspect. I find I don't shield nearly enough to get the 50% heat vent, mainly because PvP armor has little to no shielding. My spec looks like this. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GorrdMdogzZMsbM.1

The unfortunate part in this is you miss the 6 second quell, which is amazing for pvp. However, I've found the build is pretty durable, even though I'm only lvl 40.

If you want Quell, drop Heat Blast and one point from Empowered Tech for it. Heat Blast is useless really, the damage and heat return is horrible. So you lost 1% shield (1% DR at 50% absorb) for a 6 secs interrupt, it's a good deal imo.

I haven't run raids. Only all the 4 man heroics. I do the 21/2/18 ST/Pyro hybrid:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301RMurbzroZ0MZbIbbdh.1

Stuff dies reallyl really fast.

Do you use IGC or CGC with this build? If you use IGC I guess you dont get the vent heat from RS which would cause the build to build up a lot of heat with so many RPs and RS going off quickly.

Do you use IGC or CGC with this build? If you use IGC I guess you dont get the vent heat from RS which would cause the build to build up a lot of heat with so many RPs and RS going off quickly.

Why wouldn't you get the vent heat from RS? And you can't tank in CGC. I always run in IGC even in PVP.

You open with missle, so the target is burning, then you RS, then i jet charge in, rocket punch, if i proc'd I RS, then I flame burst, again if proc RS, by then RP has proc'd, RP, check RS, if RS hasn't proc'd then unload, by then burning is about off, so missle again.

I hardly ever have heat issues in pve. In pvp if I'm not getting hit for RP proc's to get RS proc's once in awhile I can. But generally in pvp if I am, I can vent heat, and by the next time I notice I have heat issues in pvp Vent heat is off CD.

Ahh true I forgot about IM burning dot, nice build I think I will be using it with tweaks to get more damage in the ST tree instead of pvp things.

Yea I find I like it alot. I did HM BT in true ST spec, then in this hybrid. Same dps.

Stuff died so much faster. I died on first boss (if you kill capt) at very end because of enrage. Last time we killed it way before enrage.

This was only 1 day later, and the dps had only upgraded like 1-2 pieces total. I really think this enables you to dps a ton more, while only loosing a 10% chance to shield, but you pick up a 2% in def.

EDIT:

My hope is that BW keeps hybrid specs. I hate how WoW removed them. I used to love my hybrid spec's. They could easily remove this by requiring the other cylinder to get the vent heat from RS on burning targets. That would totally nerf this spec.

Edited by dardack