Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Auto-face. Why do people jump around me looking like idiots, thinking this is WoW.

thewarhammer

It's fun to see someone cast something at you and run through them at the last moment. Not facing target :D Best message for ranged in the game. Might as well say "L2P nab".

It is.

If only that actually worked in this game. It doesn't, though. If he's already casting, he'll autoface you as you run through him and hit you. At least that's how my tracer missile works. I can get 'Not facing target' if you're behind when I start to cast, but if I'm already casting, interrupt me or you're eating it.

It's funny because while I do my best to stay mobile and maintain distance, I know that if I can shave off enough of your HP before you get close, I can just burn you down with tracers, HSM, Rail Shot and unload because 90% of the people playing this game can't find their interrupt button.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most players are too stupid to kick.

Rather that they count on the good old ability lag. Not to mention that interrupt silence part is buged and might not work. Easiest to spot with tracer/grav noobs when they can cast another grav/tracer even afther sucesfull quell.

Bunny hopers can be anoying but most of them just repeat same patern soo its easy to predict their moves.

Rather that they count on the good old ability lag. Not to mention that interrupt silence part is buged and might not work. Easiest to spot with tracer/grav noobs when they can cast another grav/tracer even afther sucesfull quell.

Bunny hopers can be anoying but most of them just repeat same patern soo its easy to predict their moves.

I think it may be that there's an interrupt 'window'. I've noticed that against NPCs who use interrupt attacks that if they hit me with it right before my cast finishes, it doesn't work. I can't say for sure, though. I don't have an interrupt so I haven't been able to test the mechanics very extensively.

All I know is almost every melee I face just runs up to me and starts spamming damage moves while they're at 40% health which don't do as much as I am doing to them and I'm sitting at 90%.

I always strafe, have it bound to the thumb buttons on my mouse, but if your opponent is not exactly behind you, he may be out of reach of your spells. If you are strafing and have to turn a little bit because he is a bit on the side, you are not going 100% forward as you turn to one side. Swaping strafes - from strafe right ot strafe left - can make you lose that bit of time that let you opponent hit you with that pesky stun/slow.

How do you lose speed jumping ? You don't lose speed at all.

Jumping and turning if well done is the best way to hit with instants someone chasing you.

There is no better way.

To somewhat negate strafe you just have to move to the oposite direction on the back of the guy strafing in front or you. You will be out of reach makeing him, or turn a bit or swap strafe ... he may lose speed doing any of those things.

Do this: Have a person run in a straight line while you bunny-hop in a straight line. See which person goes faster.

Melee classes still have to face the target we don't get an easy auto face button. Our abilities are mostly non channeled ones. You think I will stand still and let another Melee hit me? **** no I keep myself active and Not complacent. Ranged classes have it easy, no skill required to play them,

I do it because it gives me something to do besides stand there and go through my rotation. And occasionally you get a caster that doesn't turn to face your AFTER a cast finishes and get a few free hits off. But they are usually pretty bad players. But mainly because I'm used to doing it so I will continue to.

They need to get rid of auto face its *********** ridiculas the fact that u can cast without having to see your target makes no sense and in pvp it can be a make or break for classes (specialy melee)

They may have to change a few abilities around to make is more even but i still think they should get rid of it.

No, there are abilities on my shadow I need to be behind my target for them to go off. And even if they don't, I still get a "Not facing target" all the time in PVP. Whether it's a bug or not, I don't know, but I must still face my targets. If you don't, lucky you.

Yup. This kind of moronic jumping around can be pretty devastating to us backstabbing melees (and possibly melees in general). Its kind of a shame, because more and more players are going to begin realizing this is a valid tactic against Operatives/Assassins (and our mirrors) and we'll have even more of this bizarre jumping people are so fond of. Its actually pretty funny, since the back of the box for the game even says something about "True Star Wars™ Combat!". I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember anyone having a flying seizure on top of Luke or Anakin during their respective trilogies.

Edited by roocey

I am a Trooper, i cast/ channel abilities all the time.

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

Do people not know casters auto-face?

Dont lie brosef, you still have to be facing them to cast many ability's like rail shot for example.

1. positional attack requirements

2. almost all abilities require you facing the opponent when activated - like knockback on stockstrike in case of the threadstarter for example. always good to deny those and do a little bit of backstabbing yourself instead.

3. exposing you as the keyboardturner you are

Edited by mufutiz

I am a Trooper, i cast/ channel abilities all the time.

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

Do people not know casters auto-face?

It's a WoW, E-sport elitist thing... you didn't even really need to do it in WOW either.

Players think just because they can Juke and circle around you they are good...

i just shrug.

There is no auto-face in PvP. It is enabled for PvE, but not in PvP. However, you do have a 180 degree field of view so it is very forgiving in what you can hit as a ranged class. But if a melee stands directly behind you, they can avoid your attacks until you turn around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.