Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Auto-face. Why do people jump around me looking like idiots, thinking this is WoW.

thewarhammer

I am a Trooper, i cast/ channel abilities all the time.

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

Do people not know casters auto-face?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Melee classes not know we get auto-face? It dosen't matter where you are, when i click the skill i will automatically face you and cast.

Every Shadow/jug/marauder i fight jumps around me like it does something, while i stand there and spam grav round them to death.

They are trying to exploit the "target not in sight" exploit that is available in many PVP games. It, however, doesn't work here and they aren't bright enough to realize it.

No, there are abilities on my shadow I need to be behind my target for them to go off. And even if they don't, I still get a "Not facing target" all the time in PVP. Whether it's a bug or not, I don't know, but I must still face my targets. If you don't, lucky you. Edited by Goshnye

I'm a trooper and I see the same thing. The initial close, with the force jump and lightsaber attack is pretty cool, but then its like leapfrog over your head and all around. And my commando spins around with that huge autocannon like a top, while standing in place and not moving his legs. Its kinda comical really.

That's not really true. You can't start a skill intended for the targeted player unless you're facing them. I get the not facing target message all the time.

A channeled attack will face the target if it moves behind you, but you can't start the cast on your target if you're not facing it.

World of Warcraft was the first successful MMO, so maybe people are just doing it out of habbit?

wrong.

Everquest was very popular before wow.

Also, not everyone's attacks are like the skilless op's with auto target. Strafing/jumping around is actually a good thing against players who dont turn as fast as you do...

I'm an assassin. My highest DPS ability requires me to be behind you.

Edited by Kyrinic

I do it out of habit, I actually use autorun to move and I have a thumb joystick on my numpad that I contorl my char. My thumb is useless to pressing buttons most of the time. I actually have to press more buttons to stop my character, then if you move again I'd have to give chase and might lose out on a fraction of that second to get close up again.

Tab is messed up in this game. They want you to have a hard time targetting them. Nothing like tabbing to someone on the other side of the huttball map when someone is right in front of me.

And as most said, you have to face your target at the beginning of the cast for autoface to work.

Edited by Cyndelx

There is no auto face in PvP, channelled abilities will auto face you. But after that there is no autoface. So if you don't start channelling again immediately they can easy get LoS behind you.

It isn't to interrupt your channel, its to make it so you have to turn to face us before your next cast....the fact you don't understand why melee do it is just another reason why people call Troopers and BHs the derpmode class.

Also, go look at the last couple beta patches before launch if you can find them online (NDA got lifted so you should be able to), they clearly state auto facing was removed from PvP.

The ONLY reason they leave it on channel (and why I agree with it staying on channel...to an extent) is because if it wasn't a melee could just run through you and break the channel immediately..whereas with a cast it doesn't cancel until its supposed to go off, so you could still rotate easily enough.

But it is mainly about making the next cast harder to start, and to maybe get LoS on casted abilities.

Edit: I should add that jumping isn't needed, and I agree its just a waste really, but strafing around a target is essential for melee.

Edited by Grimhand

run throughs, side strafes, jumps even are all effective ways of messing with someone at close range. they DO increase survavibility even if they turn using a mouse simply because of lag.

if i run though a target and get 1 attack off and side strafe right while turning really fast you can get off a 2nd attack before they are even turned to face your original run through location. then you keep doing run throughs forcing them to keep spinning their camera. if they are not keyboard shotcut users are need to click their abilities they lose.

so they have 2 options.

A: go on the forums and QQ about said class being OP and needing a nerf becaus ethey cant hit it

or.

B: learn to use your keyboard shortcuts better :)

also by doing run throughs you have the chance of supporting enemies clicking on their friend and not you while trying to target you, adding significant seconds that may prolong your life for a little bit so you can do more damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.